Tomasz Kuszczak - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 10:28 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
Tomasz Kuszczak

Albion beat competition to from home and abroad to sign Poland international keeper Tomasz Kuszczak on a Bosman. The ex-Hertha Berlin star signs a three-year deal.

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 10:29 Thread Starter
Legend

Polish National Team Goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak
Signs With Global Sport Group

Hertha Berlin and Polish National Team Goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak selects Global Sport Group as his management firm after exhaustive review led by his father and current manager, Miroslaw Kuszczak.

New York, New York. May 5, 2004. Global Sport Group, LLC, the international player representation company, today announced the signing of Tomasz Kuszczak, the rising star of the Polish National Team. The selection of Global Sport Group as the management firm for the young Polish National Team Goalkeeper follows an exhaustive review process led by Tomasz's father and current manager Miroslaw Kuszczak.

Tomasz Kuszczak, 22 years old, is currently with Hertha Berlin in the German Bundesliga, but there has been widespread speculation that the young Polish National Team goalkeeper will be looking for a chance for a starting position elsewhere during the upcoming European transfer window this summer. Kuszczak has risen to stardom on the international scene for Poland and will be competing with Liverpool's Jerzy Dudek for playing time. The young Kuszczak reminds many observers of Poland's most dominant goalkeeper in their history, Jan Tomaszewski.

"Tomasz Kuszczak is one of the most talented young goalkeepers in the world today," said Shep Messing, Managing Director and Co-Founder of Global Sport Group. "He is a big guy and totally dominates in the air. He is exceptional under pressure and can really come up with the big save when needed. For a young goalkeeper, he has exceptional poise and leadership presence. We really think he has a tremendous career ahead of him," added Messing, who was, himself, a well-known goalkeeper for the New York Cosmos, playing alongside soccer greats Pelé and Franz Beckenbauer.

Kuszczak has been managed by his father, Miroslaw Kuszczak, ever since the young Kuszczak signed his first professional contract with Hertha Berlin in July, 2000. "This is a critical time in Tomasz's career," said Mr. Kuszczak from his home in Wroclaw, Poland. "It's been a thrill for me to manage my son's career and see him enjoy so much success early on, but I realized that the time has come for us to get him professional management. I spoke with dozens of agents, but Global Sport Group was by far the most professional and the only firm that offered a truly comprehensive service to manage Tomasz's affairs," added Mr. Kuszczak.

Kuszczak becomes the latest major international to engage Global Sport Group as his representation agency. Global has been gaining worldwide recognition as it campaigns for players' rights worldwide and against the use of unscrupulous intermediaries that have plagued professional soccer for years.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 13:00
Premier Player

Teams: Lech Poznan, Liverpool FC, Holland
Volia! A single transfer move and you get a regular visitor in this somewhat deserted forum

Kuszczak was a member of Poland golden u-18 team (victorious in the youth European Championships in 2001) which had also been second in Europe two years before. He has been considered to be one of the most talented keepers worldwide, maybe a bit too hastily. Nevertheless, Kuszczak is a highly gifted shot-stopper but he wasn't given a chance in Berlin. Kiraly was a starter of course, the Polish youngster must have been content with Hertha's no. 2 or no. 3 status.

Jon, how strong is Hoult's position? Perhaps you know if Kuszczak is regarded as hot but still just a prospect or he could be a serious competition for your current no. 1?

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 13:57 Thread Starter
Legend

Hoult will probably start, but he has (and had all last season) back problems where he ended up having an epidural and regular injections before matches.
Cant go on like that.

I think if not immediately he will be Hoults replacement.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2004, 13:59 Thread Starter
Legend

The clubs website reported

ALBION have beaten a host of clubs from both home and abroad to the signature of Poland international keeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

The Baggies faced competition from Premiership and Championship rivals, plus teams in Spain and Germany, for the out-of-contract Hertha Berlin shot-stopper.

But the 22-year-old last night (Tuesday) opted to join Gary Megson's top flight new boys and sealed his Bosman move to The Hawthorns after passing a routine medical.

Kuszczak has signed a three-year deal, plus a year's option in the club's favour.

Boss Megson said: We're really pleased to have brought Tomasz in.

We faced quite a bit of competition to sign him. Even as late as last night, as Tomasz was walking across our car park, a Bundesliga club rang his agent to try to sign him as he was about to put pen to paper here.

Tomasz had opportunities to join another Premiership club, a First Division club, two Spanish teams and two Bundesliga clubs but he's decided to come here.

He's not the finished article by any means but he's got a good chance.

He wants to play in England and we've given him the opportunity to improve and push on.

Kuszczak, Albion's fourth signing of the summer, will now vie for the goalkeeping jersey with Russell Hoult, Joe Murphy and Simon Miotto.

The 6ft 3in custodian won his first full Poland caps in friendlies against Malta and Lithuania last December and also made 14 appearances for the Under-21 side.

What Tomasz's arrival will do is increase competition, added Megson.

Nobody is brought in to play first or reserve team football and there are no sacred cows here. Each player's ability, desire, form and fitness will affect which team they play in

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2004, 00:33
Premier Player

Is he really that hot a property? Yeah he's good and young, but one of the best young keepers in the world? No, he isn't. He's not bad though, Poland's 3rd or 4th choice. You should've signed Artutr Boruc from Legia, now THAT'S a classy young keeper.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2004, 12:34
Premier Player

Teams: Lech Poznan, Liverpool FC, Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Domino
Is he really that hot a property? Yeah he's good and young, but one of the best young keepers in the world? No, he isn't. He's not bad though, Poland's 3rd or 4th choice. You should've signed Artutr Boruc from Legia, now THAT'S a classy young keeper.
Hardly anyone knows how much talent he really has. Well, it appears Kuszczak has a great deal of it. I've seen him in action less than 10 times and I've had mostly positive feelings about him but, indeed, he remains a big unknown. "Tomasz Kuszczak is one of the most talented young goalkeepers in the world today" says the representative of the management firm and it isn't an isolated opinion. In fact, it will all come out in the wash. I believe in him.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2004, 15:30
Premier Player

Never said he wasn't good or didn't have potential, but he's as good as Isaksson or Cech?
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 11:32 Thread Starter
Legend

Feb 2 2006
By Chris Lepkowski, Birmingham Mail
TOMASZ Kuszczak believes his chances of making the World Cup may rest on Saturday's clash against Blackburn.
The Albion shot-stopper was watched by Poland's goalkeeping coach Jacek Kazimierski in Tuesday's goal-less draw against Charlton.
And Kazimierski is set to return to England later this week to watch the twice-capped keeper in action against Mark Hughes' men.
Kuszczak is hoping another impressive performance will earn him a call-up to Poland's squad for next month's friendlies against USA and Saudi Arabia.
And the 23-year-old admits it may be his last chance to become a contender for this summer's World Cup.
"I had a call from Mr Kazimierski, who told me he was planning a trip to England this week," said Kuszczak. "He told me he would probably be at the Charlton game and is certain to be at the game on Saturday.
"Kazimierski will obviously report back to the coach on how I am doing so I knew that I had to perform to my best on Tuesday and will need to do so again this Saturday.
"I'm thrilled that I've got a chance to get back into the squad.This is my big chance and I know I cannot let myself down.
"I'm like any player. I want to play for my country but because (until recently) I wasn't playing for my club the coach picked players who were playing every week.
"It was a very disappointing time for me when I couldn't get into the Albion team because knew I was good enough but I knew I needed to prove to the manager I was good enough.
"I remained patient and now I'm back playing regularly my next aim is to play for my country again. I want to get a call back into the Poland squad but that will be decided by the coach. All I can do is maintain my form for the club and hope I get a chance."
Manager Bryan Robson will today check on his walking wounded with Kevin Campbell and Steve Watson still receiving treatment.
A more welcome problem for Robson ahead of Saturday's game will be deciding his midfield personnel following the arrival of Jan Kozak and Nigel Quashie, with Ronnie Wallwork also in contention after serving a one-match ban.
Uruguayan centre-back Williams Martinez will come into the equation, although Robson may keep faith with Neil Clement and Curtis Davies following the clean sheet at Charlton.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 00:09
Star Player

Teams: FCBarcelona
I he sighned?
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2006, 11:11 Thread Starter
Legend

I really hope Tomas gets in the Polish squad for the WC as he is a real quality keeper.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2006, 12:23
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Here you can see Kuszczak's brilliant save against Wigan

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...onder_Save.zip

Last edited by Albion; February 8th, 2006 at 16:06.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2006, 13:39 Thread Starter
Legend

That was an unbelievable save, totally world class.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 22:46 Thread Starter
Legend

WBA reject £2.5m bid for Kuszczak

Tomasz Kuszczak
"This will come as a disappointment to Tomasz
WBA chairman Jeremy Peace
West Bromwich Albion have rejected a £2.5m bid from Manchester United for goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

The Baggies say they are not interested in selling unless United agree to allow striker Giuseppe Rossi to move to the Hawthorns on loan for a season.

Albion chairman Jeremy Peace said: "At this moment in time, selling Tomasz to United is not a viable option.

"It would severely weaken our squad at a time when we are trying to strengthen it for a promotion push."

Peace said United have told him that Rossi would not be joining anyone on loan.

"It means if we sold Tomasz to United, without Rossi coming in return, it would potentially cause us more problems without solving any - despite the receipt of cash," said Peace.

The Baggies have previously rejected two offers from United for the 24-year-old Polish international.

Peace admitted: "This will come as a disappointment to Tomasz who has indicated to us he would like to join United.

"But it is the board's job to do what is best for this football club and we will not sell Tomasz unless the deal suits us.

"Because of the way this football club is structured, we are under no pressure to sell anyone. Tomasz will only be sold if it is in our interests to do so."

Kuszczak joined the Baggies in July 2004 from Hertha Berlin.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 08:30
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
How much do you think your looking at for him then?

I'm sure if Man Utd want him they'll get him, even the way Robson talks in interviews (Kuszzak might go, but no chance anyone else will) makes you think he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 22:19 Thread Starter
Legend

Well I think We'd sell him for 4m, but we really really need a striker with the iminent departure of Ellington back to Wigan.

Freddie Mia

Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
----------Foster
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 23:06
Rising Star

Tomasz is really gone now Im afraid, I know its MU but I really dont think being 2nd, 3rd choice will be good for young unexperiended keeper who should just play now oh well :undecide: . One MU player will come to West Brom but not Rossi.

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2006, 09:14
Legend

Man City aim to trump Fergie for Kuszczak

Manchester City are aiming to trump Manchester United for West Brom goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak.
Old Trafford chief Alex Ferguson has had three bids for the Polish keeper turned down by West Brom in the last month.

But City boss Stuart Pearce is ready to raise the stakes by trumping United's ?2.5million offer.

City goalkeeping scout Tim Flowers has given Kuszczak a glowing report

He will probably go, last night he wasnt even in the bench, that shows that he's on his way out.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 19:40
Legend

The Pole is gone

Man Utd capture Kuszczak on loan

Manchester United have signed Polish goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak on a season-long loan from West Brom, with a view to a possible permanent move.
In exchange, the Baggies will get defender Paul McShane and goalkeeper Luke Steele on a permanent basis.

Kuszczak, 24, will act as understudy to United's first-choice goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, with youngster Ben Foster staying a second season at Watford.

Kuszczak can stake a claim to be United number one when Van der Sar retires.

The Dutchman is expected to call time on his own career after Euro 2008.

Kuszczak, who has won four caps for Poland, spent three years in Germany with Hertha Berlin before arriving at West Brom two years ago.

Sir Alex Ferguson's attempts to land the keeper had been frustrated throughout the summer, with an initial £2.5m bid rejected.

But with Kuszczak now at Old Trafford, Foster getting Premiership experience with Watford and Tim Howard on loan at Everton, United are hopeful they have enough strength in the goalkeeping department to maintain healthy competition for the next five years at least.

The transfer of Steele is unlikely to go down well with Coventry, who signed the youngster on loan from United.

But the player was recalled, then immediately sold to one of their local Coca-Cola Championship rivals.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2006, 19:41
Star Player

The way this deal is structured is kinda strange.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in