Ashton leaves the club - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2004, 23:06 Thread Starter
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Legend

Teams: West Brom and Arsenal. Dallas Cowboys.
Ashton leaves the club

Ashton to join Hornets

MARK Ashton will leave his post as Albion's director of community on July 1 to become Division One outfit Watford's new chief executive.

The move will end the 32-year-old former goalkeeper's long service at The Hawthorns, having initially joined the club as a schoolboy and signing under ex-manager Ron Saunders.

After hanging up his gloves, Ashton has built the Baggies' community department into an award-winning scheme and has also worked on new infrastructure projects.

"I signed my first contract here as a 13-year-old and, apart from a brief spell in non-league football, have been at the club for 16
years in one capacity or another," said Ashton.

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone from board-level downwards who has helped and supported me over the years.

"Leaving Albion is a big wrench and the only reason I'm going is
because Watford have offered me a fantastic chance to advance my career.

"I wish the club all the very best as they prepare for life back in
the Premiership."

Albion secretary/director Dr John Evans, chairman of the board of
trustees for Albion's community department, said: "Mark has made a tremendous contribution to the organisation for a decade or more and deserves his opportunity to operate at the level he is going to at Watford.

"The community scheme is, however, blessed with a group of very talented and enthusiastic managers and coaches.

"I'm sure they will not only maintain the standards that have been
evident in recent years but even take the organisation onto a higher plain, faced as they are with exciting new possibilities which we know are in the offing."

Dr Evans also revealed a decision would be made shortly on how the community department will be structured following Ashton's departure.

I'd like to wish him well too a good servant of the clubs and you cant turn down opportunities like this.

Fantasy Football? try www.freekick.org

Freddie Mia

Thomas Fortune Odemwingie
Morrison Mulumbu Andrews
Ridgewell Olson McAuley Reid
----------Foster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in