Xtratime Community - View Single Post - 2018/19 Season
Thread: 2018/19 Season
View Single Post
post #260 of (permalink) Old May 15th, 2019, 09:18
Wolf Man
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelface View Post
Is Pellegrini the only romano left on this team? Damn...
De Rossi: I didnít reply to his question fully, but its related to your question. Romanismo is something thatís counted for a lot with us. Itís something important and itís within steady hands, because Lorenzo and Alessandro can continue this heritage. They wonít be asked to imitate me or Francesco because that would be the biggest mistake in the world. With their own personality, they have to continue bringing forward that belonging to the shirt. But I have to say thereís also a Bryan Cristante who came from... [to Cristante] Where were you? From Bergamo, or from the North in any case. Heís not a Romanista. But I would want another hundred guys like him, who put the soul into training and on the pitch.

I canít say Roma needs Romanisti. Roma needs professionals more than anything. It just so happens that with Lorenzo and Alessandro we hit the jackpot. To win doesnít take one or the other, it takes building a team. Even if maybe other teams can allow themselves to build something a little stronger because of the state of our mercato, but I think the club is working towards changing that approach. Or at least I hope so.

(De Rossi leans back to take a sip of water but another thought comes to him).

Iíve mentioned Cristante but I could have also named so many others here.Ē

as roma

Formerly known as "Of wolf and Man" because of XT's awesome new security measures.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome