Wally is going to be pissed Relegation contenders now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 00:05
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Galatasaray
none of you guys can tell me that you wouldn't be just as surprised as about the robinho transfer.

/\ |) /\ |\| /\ () |
post #43 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 00:08
Legend

What is more surprising is that Berbatov just had his medical test and all the paperwork signed At Man United... only for tottenham to pull out of the deal in the last minute of the deadline

post #44 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 00:09
Forum Manager
Legend

hehe. funny things are happening.

/\ |) /\ |\| /\ () |
post #45 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 00:12
Legend

They did?

You'll win. You'll play to win. But whatever the result, you were always winners in my heart and champions. And you'll stay that way. GOD HELP YOU!

- Fatih Terim, UEFA Cup final vs. Arsenal pre talk.
post #46 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 00:28
Legend

haha seems like it. I'll wait to find out on Sky Sports News
post #47 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 00:40
Legend

It went through though. Spurs got Frazier on loan, in return.
post #48 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:23
Legend

Sky Sports News is such a class channel

SSN Studio: So now we go to our reporter live at Old Trafford. Er... do you have any news about the Berbatov's saga?

Reporter: Not at the moment sorry. I have just sent a text to David Gill, the director of Manchester. *Mobile text ringtone rings* Hold on, I just got a message fromDavid saying that the move went through, and Frazier will be going out in the other direction on a loan.

Studio: Ok that's great news for United fans, I'll come back to you later so you can find out more information.

So Berbatov finally moves to Manchester United. [Looks at another host in the studio ] Well Berbatov's dream move finally happens. Well... What do you make of this move? Will this move have any repercussions?

Other host: Hold on i'm sorry, i'll get back to you in a moment. I am currently sending a text to Peter Kenyon.

It's much funnier when you watch it live though

Last edited by Köyel; September 2nd, 2008 at 01:30.
post #49 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:32
Xtratime Legend

Sky Sports News is annoying. They're making this transfer window out to be the most amazing ever or something, as for City, WOW what a ****ing squad Mark Hughes has. Robinho, Castillo, Richards, Johnson, Ireland, Elano, Wright-Phillips, Kompany, Sturridge, Ben Haim, Dunne, Jo, Zabaleta... damn. I think they're going to break the top four before Spurs do and speaking of Spurs, just wow at their squad. When they all settle, wow. Arsene Wenger though, what an arsehole, making everyone think they were dealing for players and NOTHING when we're so bare in midfield and defence. Argh.

"It's up for grabs now!"

Arsenal - Incongruentia Per Cladis
post #50 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 03:05
10'un Adi Lefter
World Class Player

Teams: Fenerbahçe, Juventus, PSV, Santos
I thought this thread was about Daft Punk

Robinho, finally! That's good he left that scum of a team, though I would've preferred him down at Anfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila View Post
That was a shot. However, when he hits those trivelas one of two things happen-

1-Joshua has an orgasm.

2-Queresma scoress, and Joshua has an orgasm.

This time he got a lucky assist, but you can still bet Joshua had an orgasm.
post #51 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:30
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Watching a replay of some football show that's summarising the EPL action & transfers. This was obviously on last night in England as they're announcing the Robinho & Berbatov deals on air as they happen.

But they showed the Celtic - Rangers game, and the guy said "it's really one of those great rivalries, up there almost with Fernebachy - Gelatesarey, we just don't have anything like that in England anymore".

P.S - I feel like a glory hunter for having a soft spot for Man City. It was always about their unfulfilled potential, I swear

post #52 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 15:16
Xtratime Legend

I only have a softspot for City because of Mark Hughes, I believe he deserves a team with this kind of money and to win so many things. Once Wenger truely self destructs at Arsenal, I hope Mark Hughes will become manager. Although, he was a United man, would he even come to Arsenal?

"It's up for grabs now!"

post #53 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 16:17
Forum Manager
Legend

whats worse, a United man at city or arsenal?

/\ |) /\ |\| /\ () |
post #54 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 2nd, 2008, 16:21
Xtratime Legend

Probably City, but either way it's pretty bad on both occassions. I think Hughes is smart though, he's just going where the money is.

"It's up for grabs now!"

post #55 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 00:06
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Personally I'm holding out on judging Mark Hughes because I didn't quite like his football at Blackburn. But at the same time, he played how he needed to play to win at Blackburn, which was to kick teams off the park.

He has a whole different set of possibilities at Man City, and I'll see how he makes use of them before labeling him.

post #56 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 3rd, 2008, 22:55
Legend

ill say maximum 8 months before he gets the sack.
post #57 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 00:02
Xtratime Legend

Right so far in the Premiership...

Keegan (Newcastle) - Sacked, then not sacked, then resigned, then didn't.
Curbishley (West Ham) - Resigned.

Now the interesting side is, both these clubs have billionaire/foreign ownership. Mike Ashley might as well be foreign, he's the size of a ****ing island. However, Keegan was ready to leave Newcastle because they wanted to sell Owen behind his back and Curbs (Canning Town boy like myself) left because they decided to sell McCartney and Ferdinand to Sunderland behind his back. I guess this is English football these days, all owned by billionaires who don't understand team building and sack managers here and there, splash cash on players that aren't even worth the amounts they pay for them when that money could just be given to a charity or cancer research. It's quite disgusting really, I'm sort of glad Arsenal have refused to completely sell the club to billionaires/foreign owners and try to keep the values of football alive with the way the club is run and so forth. Liverpool and Manchester United can sort of live up to similar perils, but one day those crazy Yank owners will do the unthinkable and sack their great coaches. If Fergie's ever sacked, I'll be amazed. However, City have signed Robinho so much more crazy things can happen. My point is though, players are being sold behind coaches backs etc. kind of like how they do things in Turkey, just minus all the foreign ownership and money to actually burn.

"It's up for grabs now!"

post #58 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 11:40
Legend

Teams: Fenerbahçe S.K.
We're going to have another Chelsea with Man City. Great individual players but no team. Sad.
post #59 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 12:20
Xtratime Legend

You know something? I don't understand how Spurs spend all this money without investment, yet Arsenal who are supposedly better off restrain from spending a penny.

"It's up for grabs now!"

post #60 of 3299 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2008, 13:06
*the drum drum*
Xtratime Legend

Arsene Wenger is trying to make a point.

In recent years, Arsenal actually was actually limited financially with the investments put into things off the park, like the new stadium. But since moving into the new stadium, they've been making a lot of money, and Wenger could be spending probably about £25-30m more than he is.

Since all these foreign investors (I actually typed incestors then erased it ) came into the league, he's been getting tighter and tighter with how he uses the money. To me it looks like he wants to try and fight the capitalist attitudes that are sneaking into football.

It's commendable, but also could prove to be naive. Arsenal should be playing for trophies all the time, not looking proudly upon their kids and saying "wow, we're going to be a real force in two years time ". That's something more suited to a club like Everton.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in