View Single Post
post #9370 of (permalink) Old April 29th, 2019, 18:30
van
Community Manager
Legend

Teams: A.C. Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero View Post
It's a bit of banter, i wouldn't expect much else given he's an Arsenal legend.

One thing i don't think a lot of people seem to realize is that according to Ramsey, Arsenal were the ones who took their offer off the table for his contract renewal. And they never really explained why they did, and that's when he started listening to other offers.

And to be honest, maybe it has to do with his injury problems because i'm not quite sure it's sensible for us to sign him for the kind of money he's going to get given those issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpforever10 View Post
I think the problem for Arsenal is that both Wenger and Unai Emery used to see Ramsey as an attacking midfielder, and they already have Ozil in that position who has just recently renewed his contract. Arsenal do not have the financial luxury of spending so much on players rarely playing.... However, just recently, Emery switched Ramsey into a more box-to-box midfield role and it worked wonders, where he won man of the match and showed his worth
I think it's much more to do with injuries and perhaps salary demands. Wenger used Ramsey in all kinds of roles, from box to box to RW, and clearly he was better at box to box always. He had brilliant runs of form for them, but then he'd get injured. The other issue is that he's not the most reliable guy in terms of form, has some bad patches.

Still, IMO should be a very good signing if he stays healthy. A very different option for that midfield from Can, Matuidi and Khedira, and another versatile player, which can be extremely handy for teams fighting in all competitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osman View Post
We basically agreed to sign Manolas for his 36m release clause that is active only after July 1st, not getting it done yet because they arent entirely convinced he is the main choice. Prolly waiting to see other options play out, De Ligt aint happening, but other possibilities can open up (Umtiti, Varane being adamant he wants to leave etc), options like this one:

That would suck balls.

"It is possible to imagine a distant future in which most other species of life are extinct but the ocean will consist overwhelmingly of immortal jellyfish, a great gelatin consciousness everlasting".
Nathaniel Rich

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome