Xtratime Community - View Single Post - Greatest Man Alive
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old March 29th, 2019, 21:06 Thread Starter
pele10brazil
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Romania,Real Madrid,Universitatea Craiova
Greatest Man Alive

Is there any towering figure worthy of universal admiration still alive? Think of Newton or Julius Caesar, unalike historical figures from different fields, but who could easily claim the title of the "Greatest Man Alive" during their own lifetimes. Who stands out fitting this tag today?

Here are some candidates based on a few criteria and popular opinions(for an undisclosed reason I will leave Noam Chomsky out, even if he's a fine choice):

Elon Musk

Elon Musk is probably the most common answer you'll hear on the internet these days. A technology entrepreneur and engineer, he is the founder, CEO, and lead designer of SpaceX; co-founder, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; co-founder and CEO of Neuralink; and co-founder of PayPal. True enough that he's bat shit crazy on twitter and a hypocrite when it comes to politics.

Bill Gates

The Principal founder of Microsoft Corporation, Gates held the Forbes title of the richest person in the world in all but four years from 1995 to 2017. Gates and Warren Buffett founded The Giving Pledge, whereby they and other billionaires pledge to give at least half of their wealth to philanthropy. Some would consider him a questionable option because of his ruthless entrepreneurial tactics.

Vladimir Putin

One of the most powerful human beings on the planet and the "rock star" of politics. The propaganda of him being the most competent state leader of his age has been quite successful.

Donald Trump

President of the World's leading super power, so I guess I'm forced to include him as an option.

José Mujica

Arguably the most lovable state leader in recent memory. All tough my knowledge of him strictly consists of social media posts.

Warren Buffett

Hate to include another business magnate but I've seen him described as such on a few occasions. At least he pledged to give away 99 percent of his fortune to philanthropic causes.

Edward Witten

Most likely the smartest dude in the world. It's harder to give him the "greatest man alive" tag since he lacks the charisma of past geniuses like Einstein or Hawking.

Tim Berners-Lee

The inventor of the World Wide Web. Nuff said!

Edward Snowden

Essentially the God of all computer geeks. Some call him the hero of his generation, other just a glorified snitch.

Stephen King

For some reason, he's the most popular writter alive(either him or J.K.Rowling)

Cristiano Ronaldo

According to Facebook, the most popular human being on the planet, so I can't at least put him as an option Speaking of FB, there's also Mark Zuck... Nah!

Oprah Winfrey

A bit unfair for the above mentioned to include her, I know

You might also see the Dalai Lama, the Pope and Arnold Schwarzenegger mentioned in such lists but whatever, I'll overlook them anyway.

So who is in your opinion the most outstanding individual alive, apart from Pele? (Please, treat this thread seriously!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy View Post
Athletic ability to spare, genius level mathematicians, invented the internet, invented russian language, incredibly attractive people, master carpenters, cultural richness to rival any country, musical artistry unsurpassed in Europe....

I'm not kidding here, and I've said it before, if you look deep down in your soul you'll realize that Romanians are master race.

Last edited by pele10brazil; March 29th, 2019 at 21:12.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome