Estonia v Greece (10th Oct - WC2018 Qualifier) - Xtratime Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By forestasuceava

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 11:14 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Estonia v Greece (10th Oct - WC2018 Qualifier)

first serious test in the Reim era...getting a point would be great

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 12:26
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Open for the biggest bidder.
It's Greece, if you don't win, you're worse than the Faroes... Which TBH isn't such a huuuge put-down.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 12:33
Premier Player

Teams: PALIO PASOK! (to orthodoxo*), +Olympiacos, Greece
Waaay to bad that you lost your WC qualfication against Greece,which more or less had the same players at Euros qualification some months later,where you again didn't win at the home game.Now if you consider your narrow win against Faroes convincing...

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 12:47
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Greece sucks, let's just say this and be clear.

Romania also sucked when we played last, so what? That doesn't mean Greece didn't suck p
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 12:56
Premier Player

We're bad,why I shouldn't admit it?Therefore you say that it would be a failure if Estonia loses to Greece.I'm repeating,a failure for Estonia if they lose to Greece.Your criteria were Euros qualification.However lately we've won against Australia,Netherlands (does this mean that if France don't do today they are worse than Greece?) and 2 in a row for WC qualifiers.Honestly I don't even expect to us to finish second,but your logic is bias.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 13:02
General Iordanescu
Xtratime Legend

Sure I'm biased, I'm jealous such a defensive team such as Greece ever won the Euros.

Again, because it's defensive, not because they're Greek.

**** Portugal too while we're at it in the Estonia thread

Oh, you beat Australia, well that's wonderful. Maybe you can beat Iran next, too. And, if all stars align, Panama.

There is roughly one team that matters outside Europe and South America, and that's Mexico. Every once in a while you get a decent African team, too.
YBC likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 13:45
YBC
Legend

Really hope you guys win here to give us even a milligram of hope.

Maybe possible with the new coach...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 14:03 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

obviously Greece has a far better squad than us and is expected to win this match like 85% of the time

also they have won 4 games in a row now

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 14:26 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I mean let's keep in mind that our squad has only 2 players who are decent (by European standards)...Vassiljev and Klavan. Two other guys (Teniste and Mets) are currently playing in Norway and maybe if they work hard and have a little bit of luck they could some day go to a bigger league.

None of the others could hack it even at English League One level...several of them have tried (Zenjov, Ojamaa, Aksalu) and failed.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2016, 22:42
Premier Player

And we get the job done with the old-fashioned way.Sokratis and Torosidis both had to be substituted by the 15th due to injury,Samaris was injured and not even on the bench and Fortounis got also injured against Cyprus.So by today's standards,I'm satisfied enough even though we didn't convince.Scoring early away also means automatically that you're forced to defend til it's over.Hadn't hit the post and missed a header within 5 meters of the net could have guaranteed the win earlier.

Vassiliev is class.

Last edited by Proedros; October 11th, 2016 at 15:48.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2016, 14:13 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Greece defended pretty well and avoided risks.

Overall an entertaining game where we occasionally showed some pretty good combinations...but it was always going to be an uphill battle to salvage something from this game, given that we conceded a goal so early.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2016, 16:30
Forum Manager
Premier Player

At some moments, our game brought back some memories from Euro 2012. Vassiljev and Klavan was at their best yesterday

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in