Baltic Cup 2016 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2016, 13:22 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Suwon
Baltic Cup 2016

Looking for a bit more info or to confirm details on this as information in English is not so easy to come by and is pretty much all in a news article published on the Latvian FA website. I quite fancy traveling to this one and going to the six matches so trying to get an idea on confirmed venues to make arrangements, and indeed to find out whether or not they decide in the end to pull the plug on the tournament though that's unlikely.

The six games and potential but as yet not 100% confirmed cities (as far as I'm aware) are as follows:

28/05/16: Lithuania U21 v Estonia U21 (Palanga)
29/05/16: Lithuania v Estonia (Klaipeda)
31/05/16: Latvia U21 v Lithuania U21 (venue TBC)
01/06/16: Latvia v Lithiania (Liepaja)
03/06/16: Estonia U21 v Latvia U21 (venue TBC)
04/06/16: Estonia v Latvia (Parnu)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2016, 13:38
Rookie

Baltic Cup

Hi Holyjoe,

Great to see your interest in the Baltic Cup, we will be the official media partners for this years competition and all information will be available in English...

We are meeting next week to finalise the details of the media pack and then we can confirm the venus. You can follow us on www.onenilup.com for all the info you need, including travel and game info.

Its highly unlikely / impossible that the tournament will be pulled, the biggest attraction of the Baltic Cup is that its Europe's oldest football competition, they like that and would run it, even if it was two teams

So, if you need a anything else then check us out or feel free to contact us

Cheers,

Graham (OneNilUp)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2016, 13:42
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
i wish Estonia would pull out, our results in it have been utterly embarrassing alm:

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2016, 14:07
Rookie

Ha ha,

Well its the best chance of winning a trophy any of the three countries have, maybe if they took it more seriously the results would be better

I do think it needs a fourth nation to make it more interesting however...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2016, 14:08
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yeah I'm not sure why the Finns are not playing this time.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2016, 14:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
I reckon the Faroe Islands could win this. Outlandish or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2016, 14:13
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

they would have a chance

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2016, 14:23
Rookie

Apparently they didn't feel it was advantageous for them, I guess last years tournament was enough to put them off...Again had they taken it more seriously, their results and feelings might have been different

In a dream scenario we could get more from the Baltic Region, imagine a tournament that contained;
  • Poland
  • Sweden
  • Norway
  • Finland
  • Estonia
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania

For example
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2016, 14:26
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

UEFA and FIFA might have issues with it then...the only reason they're okay with the current one is that it interests nobody and has no significant money involved

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old February 21st, 2016, 14:34
Rookie

Of course, I know the Latvian Football Federation worked hard to get this tournament recognised by UEFA and FIFA, that was the first step for them...It does need 4 teams as a minimum though, maybe Belarus as it used to be in the Soviet days..?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in