Eurobasket 2015 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2015, 10:13 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Eurobasket 2015

Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania all in the same group together with Czech Rep, Ukraine and Belgium. Group D matches are held in Latvia so many fans from Estonia and Lithuania will travel there.

It wasn't entirely a coincidence that all 3 Baltic countries got into the same group as Latvia as a host had the right to pick one country into the group D and they picked Estonia (due to ticket sales to traveling fans and also because Estonia isn't that good p).

It is one of the weakest groups for sure and 4 teams will qualify to the 2nd round so I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 Baltic teams will go through.

Matches will begin on 5th September.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old August 11th, 2015, 11:35
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Actually, it is pretty hilarious luck also, how Estonia at all qualified there
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2015, 14:53 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Yeah that losers qualification tournament in 2013 for those teams which didn't make Eurobasket 2013. And Holland got two wins voided for fielding an ineligible player so Estonia made it through from the group stage and won the playoffs and the only Eurobasket 2015 spot on offer.

Holland still qualified from the main qualification tournament in 2014.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2015, 13:28 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/com...leMode_on.html

Estonia 18th out of 24 teams in Eurobasket power rankings...it's weird how the Georgian tournament somehow raised Estonia's stock because of that 1-point win over Latvia (while we got completely blown out by Georgia and Italy, which the writer apparently ignored).

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2015, 20:25 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Estonia beats the shit out of Iceland in a friendly match.

bonus lolface pic:

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old August 20th, 2015, 20:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Didn't know Iceland played basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2015, 10:07 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

they even made it to the Eurobasket for the first time ever :thmbup:

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2015, 13:18 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/com...leMode_on.html

Estonia 18th out of 24 teams in the last power rankings before the tournament...which is utter nonsense of course as the 2 teams which just beat Estonia by big margins (Bosnia and Israel) are somehow behind us. Also i have no idea why is Ukraine so high...they're basically the only team in our group who I hope we can beat.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2015, 13:48
Forum Manager
Premier Player

wtf is this shit
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2015, 15:23 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

this team is a total disgrace

I sort of saw it coming though...we just don't have any quality players...the only decent one is Vene (fully fit Kangur could be too but his back is hurting).

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2015, 15:26 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

but yeah, both games basically lost way before the end of 2nd quarter...it's bizarre, we can't even lose with dignity

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2015, 11:44
kat
THE
Legend

Aga ikka istume kűik mšngud lűpuni šra Sest piletite eest on makstud ja telk on pŁsti
PS, ma ei ole Riias

Tazz forever
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old September 7th, 2015, 21:27 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

finally a victory

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2015, 21:41 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

the last couple of minutes of the Lithuania game made me want to puke. I mean, I knew they will muck it up, but still it didn't make it any less annoying. You just KNOW it will happen, Estonia always finds a way to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory every time there's a chance to make history. No matter if it is football or basketball, we never beat true giants. What was the last really big win? In basketball vs France in 2001? In football...well, never. This could have been the greatest team sports result in the past 25 years but yeah...it ended like it always does.

Zero chance of course that this team could win vs Latvia tomorrow after such a heartbreak.

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2015, 08:19
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Well do you remember Estonia vs Poland volley from 2008?
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2015, 11:23 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

volleyball...who cares?

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2015, 13:11
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
volleyball...who cares?
basketball.... who cares?
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2015, 13:59 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

How many volleyball players from outside Estonia could you name? Not sure if I could name even 1.

It's an irrelevant sport on global stage. Basketball however is quite big.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2015, 14:00 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Anyway, big match today vs Latvia. This will decide who will go to the next round: if Estonia wins, we will finish 3rd or 4th in the group. In the first instance we will face Croatia, in the second instance Greece in the next round.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2015, 16:01
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Basket of the tournament, or how is it in english?
https://www.facebook.com/marten.aru/...7546951606350/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in