Farewell to Piiroja (vs Iceland at home) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2015, 19:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Farewell to Piiroja (vs Iceland at home)

I`ve don`t remember even before Poom or Oper last game such a big excitement. Not because of a game, but because it is Raio Piiroja testimonial match.

But yes, that noise before the match has shown, how loved Piiroja is in Estonia.

And he plays as a striker tomorrow

But why we aren`t so excited about other match (after saying goodby to Piiroja)? Because even Kostja Vassiljev alluded in media, that stuff with Pehrsson is not good at all. Especially with his tactics (return to 90s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2015, 20:57
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
I don't think Vassiljev alluded that...nor are Pehrsson's tactics bad. It's just that our players are utter garbage. Results have not been that bad and it's clearly the lack of talent which is the problem, not the coach. You can't hope to win with half of the players from local league.

Look at Iceland's squad for example:

Väravavahid
Hannes Thor Halldorsson (1984) - Sandnes Ulf 27/0
Ögmundur Kristinsson (1989) - Randers FC 2/0
Ingvar Jonsson (1989) - IK Start 2/0

Kaitsjad
Birkir Mar Saevarsson (1984) - Hammarby IF 45/0
Ragnar Sigurdsson (1986) - FK Krasnodar 42/1
Kari Arnason (1982) - Rotherham United 39/2
Ari Freyr Skulason (1987) - OB 26/0
Hallgrimur Jonasson (1986) - OB 13/3
Jon Gudni Fjoluson (1989) - GIF Sundsvall 6/0
Hördur Björgvin Magnusson (1993) - Cesena Calcio 1/0
Haukur Heidar Hauksson (1991) - AIK 1/0

Poolkaitsjad
Olafur Ingi Skulason (1983) - Zulte Waregem 24/1
Emil Hallfredsson (1984) - Hellas Verona 46/1
Birkir Bjarnason (1988) - Pescara Calcio 36/4
Johann Berg Gudmundsson (1990) - Charlton Athletic FC 34/5
Rurik Gislason (1988) - FC København 35/2
Gylfi Thor Sigurdsson (1989) - Swansea City FC 28/9 (injured, won't play)
Gudlaugur Victor Palsson (1991) - Helsingborg IF 3/0
Runar Mar Sigurjonsson (1990) - GIF Sundsvall 3/1

Ründajad
Kolbeinn Sigthorsson (1990) - Ajax FC 27/16
Alfred Finnbogason (1989) - Real Sociedad 23/5
Jon Dadi Bödvarsson (1993) - Viking FK 10/1
Vidar Kjartansson (1990) - Jiangsu Guoxin-Sainty 3/0

they have plenty of players from top leagues despite of being a minuscule nation...we have Klavan and that's it.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2015, 08:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Didn't know Kjartansson had winded up in China. Last I heard, some Eredivisie clubs were interested in him which has been quite a popular destination for Icelandic players [Sigthorsson, Finbogasson, Gudjohnsen early in his career, Gudmundsson etc].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2015, 19:56
Star Player

Teams: WAYNE MARK ROONEY+10,Fernando Llorente+10, EESTI
I am back from stadium, I know that it was just a friendly match, but what a wasteful player zenjov is. I dont know why he was still there after missing so times, either the chance to score or create an opportunity for a teammate.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2015, 21:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANUTDfan666666 View Post
I am back from stadium, I know that it was just a friendly match, but what a wasteful player zenjov is. I dont know why he was still there after missing so times, either the chance to score or create an opportunity for a teammate.
Agree, he was terrible today, but trust me, he is our most talented striker still Just need some playing in Torpedo after that spell in Blackpool.

Game was good. We was even more dominating side. Vassiljev (played just like in 2011), Jääger (must get to some good Central Europe club in the summer), Klavan, Kallaste, Dmitrijev and Teniste were my favourite today
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2015, 17:49
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quite frankly we were lucky to get away with a draw here...Iceland had two legit penalties not given (Finnbogasson shirt grab and Teniste handball in the box) and wasted plenty of opportunities in the first half (could've been 0-3 at HT easily).

Iceland played their B-side btw, they left all their best players on the bench. Our defending was pretty horrible (especially in the 1st half), Iceland created scoring chances very easily. Even Klavan committed a horrible howler which could've easily ended in a goal.

Vassiljev was great and scored yet another world class goal for the NT (Silver Ball winner for sure ). Zenjov's first touch was atrocious. At least we managed to create chances...exciting game but not exactly a solid performance overall.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2015, 17:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
What was the attendance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2015, 18:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Don`t understand again why Andy is so pessimistic Imo our best game with Norway`s game under Pehrsson. Atleast we dominated the game pretty well, and Iceland had also decent squad here. Some howlers from defenders just got in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
What was the attendance?

Intresting photo from our prime minister (player in the air in the background)
https://instagram.com/p/05fEKjAuEh/
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2015, 19:05
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I find it funny how everybody were super critical after the Switzerland game (where we faced a legit great side) but think this performance against Iceland B was very positive. Form both games we got the result which was expected: 0-3 vs Switzerland's strongest lineup away and 1-1 vs Iceland B at home is where we stand at the moment. If anything the defense was more solid in the Swiss game.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2015, 19:33
Star Player

Teams: WAYNE MARK ROONEY+10,Fernando Llorente+10, EESTI
Andy, yeah, defence wasnt good at all. And you were saying the chances by Iceland which could've been converted so easily, but did you saw chances by Estonia? Dont you think they were big chances as well?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2015, 19:58
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yeah, sure...still, two penalties not given to Iceland (and possibly even a red card in Finnbogason situation). We got pretty lucky there as this match could've basically been over in the first half.

I think in general our fans were too critical after the Switzerland game and too positive about this game. Iceland B side at home and the refs let us get away with murder and the end result was still a draw...

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old October 27th, 2017, 13:00 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in