It has been just unbelievable transfer window. Just massive arms race. Almost every team has brought in some very experienced international player. Even Pärnu, Viljandi and Paide. Or has just got some other great quality from other Premium liiga clubs (like Narva and Sillamäe).
Some words about every club. In bracketts clubs position last year.
After tough beginning for the transfer window, when they lost their best defender Artjom Artjunin to Romania, Premium liiga best gk Roman Šmisko to Narva (pretty shocker transfer ofcourse), Maksim Podholjuzhin got suspended etc, they since had built very strong team. Most exciting new players are example internationals Siim Luts and former Flora player+74x time international Taavi Rähn (Flora didn`t offered him a new contract) and as a latest shock-news, Kaimar Saag`s time in Scandinavia ended and he returned to Levadia. + some legionnaires example Ivan Pecha, who has even some minutes Champions league group stage experience and new goalkeeper Aleksei Širokov from Moscow Lokomotiv II.
So again, very strong squad.
Sillamäe Kalev (2)
Lost many many important players. Whole europe one of the biggest goalscorers Kabajev left to Indonesia, Nikolai Mašitšev, Aleksandr Volodin, Mihhail Lavrentjev left to Infonet.
They have been example another former international Tihhon Šisov, Janar Toomet and former Napoli player Giorgi Di Vicino. Their biggest strenght should be again head coach Sergei Frantsev, who did magnifiecent job in the second half of the last season. Nevertheless, I think they lose again their place in top 3.
(3) - Almost perfect pre-season, and has won all-most all their friendlies. Lost both their two best centre-backs. Estonia football biggest prospect Karol Mets was sold to Norway and Taavi Rähn wasn`t offered new contract and he joined Levadia as a free-agent. 109x time international Enar Jääger has trained for Flora all winter and if he decides to join Flora, they could be biggest favourite for title. Very important was also Gert Kams comeback to Flora from Seinajöki and he has been also in fantastic form. Main striker should be new man from Finland, Sakari Tukiainen.
Nõmme Kalju (4)
- Has made some kind of revival as a club. Returned to their roots in Nõmme and they decided to play whole-season there (Hiiu stadium). Sergei Terehhov has brought some new fresh also their playing-style and with shock-signing Ats Purje they could also fight pretty easily for title. Pretty difficult was also losing Martin Vunk, who also left to Indonesia. From China is back Voskoboinikov.
Infonet (5) - Probably most exciting transfers. Latest is problably Estonia all-time best DM from Estonia Aleksander Dmitrijev, who didn`t got a contract from Estonia and instead continueing in Levadia, he decided to play his final years in Infonet. He replaces retired Meistriliiga legend Konstantin Nahk. Also has i mentioned before, they brought from Sillamäe 3 very good players, + several foreigners are on trial there. Could fight for top3 place easily
Narva Trans 8
- Also very decent winter. In some weird decision, Roman Šmisko decided to leave Levadia for Trans + they signed match-fixer Aleksei Jahhimovitš
Paide Linnameeskond (6)
- Althrough most of squad has remained, their biggest surprise come also few days ago, when they announced signing of Vjatseslav Zahovaiko. Meistriliiga all-time 2nd goal scorer, who has even 13 games in Portugese league in CV! Probably fights with Trans for 6th place.
Tartu Tammeka (7)
Squad hasn`t changed all-most at all. Some africans were on trial there, but didn`t got a contract here.
- Two main names - Sander Post and Joonas Tamm. Both are born in Viljandi. Both could play in forward or defence. + some youngsters from Flora and Levadia on loan.
- Uh, my hometown finally back in top flight. Althrough they rely mostly on their own youth players, they have signed example former international Karl Palatu and scorer of last year goal of the season, Rauno Tutk. Probably fight with Tulevik for 9th place.
You can see all transfers here