Teams: Estonia
Baltic Nations All-time XI

for Estonia:

-----------Oper------Zelinski

--------------Vassiljev

-----Lindpere---Reim---Dmitrijev

U.Rooba---Klavan---Piiroja---Jääger

----------------Poom

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2014, 21:33
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Kristal in for sure. Some moments, he created just some pieces of genius. And maybe I would put in one of those pre-war strike legends instead Zelinski. Example Kuremaa, Pihlak or Eelmaa.

Its sad ofcourse, that its impossible to get place in XI for Estonia football history top5 player. I talk about Evald Tipner then
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2014, 16:24 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I don't see how to fit Kristal in...Dmitrijev is needed as the only proper DM, Lindpere IMO a better player than Kristal as he has proven by his vastly superior club career and he's faster and covers more ground and brings more width to the formation.

Kristal's amazing amount of caps is also explained by our very limited selection of proper central midfielders back then...Reim and Kristal hanged around in Estonian league for nearly entire career and hence were always available for international duty.

I did not consider pre-war players at all, only those I've seen myself.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2014, 16:27 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

alternative version:

--------------Oper------

----------Reim---Vassiljev

----Lindpere---Kristal---Dmitrijev

U.Rooba---Klavan---Piiroja---Jääger

----------------Poom

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2014, 16:58
Rising Star

what about the striker at southampton in the early 00? trying to remember whathis name was.

bluerhuahegjg
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2014, 20:13
Rising Star

Pahars

bluerhuahegjg
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2014, 20:52
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
He is Latvian.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old August 27th, 2014, 21:59
Forum Manager
Premier Player

My XI
------------------------Poom----------------------------------------
Jääger--------Piiroja (c)-----------Klavan-------Rooba
-----------Dmitrijev-------Reim------Vassiljev-------------------
--------------------------Kink-------------------
--------------Oper-----------------Zelinski------------------------

Kink club career has been better and he scored some important goals in Euro 2016. Comparing with Lindpere

And reserve squad too After re-independence then

-------------------------Pareiko-----------------------------
Allas------------Stepanov------------Lemsalu--------Kruglov
Zenjov--------Kristal---------Lindpere-------Vunk-------Terehhov
----------------------------Viikmäe-------------------------------
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2014, 16:29 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

how has Kink's club career been better than Lindpere's? Joel's success in NY Red Bulls was pretty impressive, being selected the MVP of his team ahead of many world-famous names and MLS All Star twice .

and Kinky's simply not as consistent and good as Lindpere who usually has been quite reliable over the years and can play a variety of positions and provide decent defensive contribution.

Kink is a moody and selfish forward who has a horrible goalscoring rate (25 goals total outside of Estonia).

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2014, 16:34 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

also Vunk in the reserves all-time lineup this must be the biggest compliment he's ever received. well, it's not easy to find somebody there, central midfield has been such a weak position over the years...but I'd rather put Taavi Rähn there as a DM. He had some decent years for the NT there, never liked him much as a CB.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old September 12th, 2014, 18:55
Forum Manager
Premier Player

[QUOTE=Andy Christ;15913666]

U.Rooba--/QUOTE]
Returned today to football, when played for Paide against Levadia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in