Romania - Estonia WCQ 15/10/2013 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2013, 19:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Romania - Estonia WCQ 15/10/2013

Last game of qualification. What has been real misery
Could be similar game to Turkey`s match.
We face again with team, who are in play-off competition and certainly needs to win. Last year at ALe Coq Arena we lost 0:2. Ofcourse whole this game then was Rüütli mistake who put Vassiljev into right wing.

So far only Estonian who is scored against Romania is Georg Siimenson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 13:29
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Unless Vassiljev has one of his miracle nights I can't see us getting anything from this match.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 15:56 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

So Reintam replace again (just like in Hungary) Piiroja (+ Rüütli called also to Romania Alo Bärengrub)

But a bit hilarious stuff by romania journalists

In the Romania airport
Journalist: Why did you late?
Tarmo Rüütli: Plane was broken
Journalist: Are you more tired therefore?

Rüütli:No, I don`t believe. Everything is OK

http://www.ohtuleht.ee/549770

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 18:55 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Estonia lineup
Sergei Pareiko; Taijo Teniste, Ragnar Klavan, Mikk Reintam, Enar Jääger; Joel Lindpere, Konstantin Vassiljev, Aleksandr Dmitrijev, Sergei Mošnikov; Henri Anier, Henrik Ojamaa
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 19:20
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

looks pretty good on paper...we have nothing to lose anyway

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2013, 20:08 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

(Dream) Romania attacks with 7-8 players, then they lose ball to Vassiljev and we get into counter-attack when Ojamaa just runs big Romanian defenders past and scores (about 2-3 times)
Unfortunately second our (ultra) fast striker Zenjov missed from training due fever and unlikely he`s playing tomorrow (maybe he comes in for last 15 minutes, when we are 1:0 back and Romania still attack)

I prefer myself Hungary to see in playoffs

E:Only I don`t understand who plays in right wing. It had to be first 4-4-2 (so Ojamaa starts as striker)
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 13:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

http://sport.delfi.ee/news/jalgpall/....d?id=66909918

Newspaper: Local Romania will watch Netherland vs Turkey game!

And one other: We need to win Estonia 5:0!

Seems to be good for us

And again amazing stuff by journalists

"Did Turkey offered money to Estonia for winning?"
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 16:22
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

One thing I would point out is that getting at least a point from this match should ensure that we will remain in Pot 4 in Euro 2016 qualification draw. So it might be a pretty important fixture in the long run.

Of course the Euro 2016 qualification format is not official yet and the pots structure may be different but in the latest coefficents table teams like Iceland and Wales (who are by now way past us in FIFA rankings) were still behind us. And we were in the danger of dropping into pot 5. So a good result from this match might be very important.

http://www.football-rankings.info/20...eeding-20.html

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 16:26 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Prefer to fall into fifth pot and play example with Latvia
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 16:28
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I think they might face a drop to pot 5 too...they're behind us in FIFA rankings.

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 16:31
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

In FIFA rankings we're still the highest placed Baltic team thanks to our Euro2012 qualification campaign.

Would be nice to keep it this way

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 17:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Okey, Rüütli suprised again
Sergei Pareiko
Enar Jääger, Mikk Reintam, Ragnar Klavan, Taijo Teniste,
Sander Puri, Aleksandr Dmitrijev, Konstantin Vassiljev, Tarmo Kink/Lindpere
, Joel Lindpere/Kink
Sergei Zenjov.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 17:16
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yes, this one makes more sense. The other lineup looked too good to be true alm:

It's strange why Ojamaa and Anier who are the future of this team are not getting chances in matches like this. It's not like we are fighting for qualification...

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 17:22
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

looking at this lineup I'm getting the feeling it might be Rüütli's final match as the manager...

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 17:26
International

Why are you saying this? is it a defence problem or what?
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 17:35
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

No, the lineup changes he made compared to yesterday's version are more in attacking end...players like Puri and Kink who have not impressed lately and Zenjov is also currently not as good as Anier. Overall this lineup looks much more conservative and static than the one predicted yesterday.

He seems to be too stuck on playing the old guys and not giving enough chances to youngsters.

But of course defense might be a problem too as we have our 2nd and 3rd best CB's out injured and Reintam who is replacing them had a horrible game vs Hungary.

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 17:41
International

is it a very slow line up? Romania's preparing a fast squad.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 17:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
Zenjov is also currently not as good as Anier.
Can`t can´t, can`t agree with this.
IMO Zenjov could be more useful than ever Ojamaa

But my logic is, that therefore Romania has very long defenders (similar to Steaua), then Ojamaa from bench in the second half could be killing
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 17:46
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinamoBuc View Post
is it a very slow line up? Romania's preparing a fast squad.
well, all our lineups would be slow compared to Romania's choices...our talent pool is very small.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2013, 17:52
International

Oh, I thought your young guys would be quicker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in