Meistriliiga 2012 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 09:49 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Meistriliiga 2012

so basically everybody expects Nűmme Kalju to win it...would be their first ever title. pretty impressive considering they were a no-name 4th division side in 2004 and made it to the Meistriliiga first time in 2008. it shows how far even a small club can go thanks to the entusiasm of a few dedicated people and marketing geniuses.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 09:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
I'm excited. Really pumped for my annual dose of Meistriliiga action. Woo. This is where the action is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 10:05 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

the average attendance is about 150 people...no kidding

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 10:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

That's why I love Estonian league, Andy. No one goes to the matches so I don't have to feel anxious being in a crowd. Perfect league for me.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 10:13 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yes you can stand alone in the middle of a snowstorm in early April and watch two amateur sides stumbling over each other on a frozen pitch playing "Premier League" football...only in Estonia!!!

post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 10:18 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

ok to think about it this might also be possible in Greenland...although apparently their league actually gets much higher attendances despite not belonging to FIFA or having real grass pitches alm:

bigsoccer has a 13-page thread about Greenland league lol

post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 10:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

What do you know. I love wintry conditions too. People talk about visiting Italy to see San Siro or Spain for the Nou Camp but honestly I'm more intrigued in visiting Estonia to attend a Meistriliiga match.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 10:20
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
ok to think about it this might also be possible in Greenland...although apparently their league actually gets much higher attendances despite not belonging to FIFA or having real grass pitches alm:

bigsoccer has a 13-page thread about Greenland league lol
bigsoccer is curious like that. They have massive threads dedicated to football in Myanmar, Nepal, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 10:23 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
What do you know. I love wintry conditions too. People talk about visiting Italy to see San Siro or Spain for the Nou Camp but honestly I'm more intrigued in visiting Estonia to attend a Meistriliiga match.
DO IT...maybe you'd even get media attention, an article or news clip about somebody crazy enough to come here from the other side of the world only to watch a league match. :thmbup:

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 10:48
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Andy, have you read any books by Jaan Kross or Jaan Kaplinski?

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old April 9th, 2012, 16:50 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

I've read some works from them but not much.

Kross was a very strong historical novel writer...good enough to be considered a possible Nobel prize candidate. Kaplinski is mostly a poet/translator/essay writer/cultural commentator although he has written some novels too. There was a movie about him done recently by some French documentary maker, I'm planning to see it this week.

post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2012, 05:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Returning to my beloved Meistriliiga, then.

There was a big game game played on the weekend between Flora and Kalju and the team who'll win the league, Kalju, took the match 2-0. Where's the suspense?

Levadia were almost upset against Kalev but very late in the game they pulled back two goals to take it 1-2.

Levadia's winner was scored by the Japanese player Mitsuyama.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2012, 17:13
kat
THE
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
the average attendance is about 150 people...no kidding
Used to be 15
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old April 20th, 2012, 17:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

The Estonian public awakening to the increasing charms of their beloved Meistriliiga.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2012, 20:47
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Club , what has been last 10 ten years stable in first 3-Narva Trans, is now on last position in Estonia league One point and 3 goals
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2012, 21:11 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

this ain't good...looks like club football is dying out outside Tallinn

post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2012, 21:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hasn't club football died everywhere in Estonia?

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2012, 21:19 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

no there are still some faint signs of life

post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2012, 21:19 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

They even show it live on TV now which would have been unthinkable 10 years ago.

post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2012, 21:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

To watch Australian football [A-League] in this country you need a connection to the pay television provider, FOXTEL. lol Paying for this crap. alm:

Quote:
let me give u a lil love

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in