EURO2012 qualification playoffs: ESTONIA vs Ireland (11/11 & 15/11) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2011, 15:21 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
EURO2012 qualification playoffs: ESTONIA vs Ireland (11/11 & 15/11)

good news is that Joel Lindpere has returned for the NT after two seasons of snubbing Estonia due to his NY Red Bulls career.

And Ireland will have bunch of players out injured/suspended: John O'Shea, Shane Long, Kevin Doyle, Leon Best. Robbie Keane might also not be fully fit.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old November 6th, 2011, 15:23
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zvezda, Feyenoord and Serbia!
Good luck you *****!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 15:07
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
Good luck ! So what the line up will look with Lindpere ?

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old November 9th, 2011, 15:14 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

it's not sure yet if he starts...many think that RŁŁtli will not drop any current starters for a player who didn't want to represent the NT for 2 years. So maybe he will be brought on in the 2nd half.

Basically he could play several positions...on the left or as a supporting forward or as a CM (which is unlikely as Vassiljev-Lindpere CM pairing is not realistic). IMO the best choice would be to start him on the left midfield instead of Kruglov.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 04:05
Money-Master
Star Player

Teams: Armenian NT,Yerevan United FC,Montreal Impact
GOOOOO Eesti !!!!!!!!!!
This Armenian wants Eire out.

GOD SAVE HER MAJESTY QUEEN ELIZABETH II, QUEEN OF CANADA

SGT Robert ABAJYAN, HERO OF ARTSAKH Medal, 1996--April 2016

SERYOZHA AVETISYAN 2014-2015. OUR ANGEL.

HRANT DINK, YOUR PEN WILL ALWAYS BE MIGHTIER THAN THE HAND WHICH SILENCED YOU, 1954-2007
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 13:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Zhetysu Taldykorgan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post
good news is that Joel Lindpere has returned for the NT after two seasons of snubbing Estonia due to his NY Red Bulls career.
This is crap. A whole group of players have worked so hard to get Estonia to this position and make this dream a real possibility, and this guy meanwhile snubs the NT, and when it comes to this point he wants to enter the picture, and - what, take the place of a player who actually contributed towards the play-off spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbox Ana
let me give u a lil love
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2011, 14:28 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yes, but he's our 2nd best midfielder after Vassiljev and we need all the creativity we can have against the Irish and their awesome defending record.

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 12:25 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 12:31 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

so it's likely that Lindpere will not start today.

Expected lineups:

Estonia:

----------Ahjupera
-------Vassiljev
Kruglov---Dmitrjev---Vunk---Kink

Klavan---Piiroja---Stepanov--Jššger

-----------Pareiko

Ireland:

----------Keane---Cox/Walters

Duff---Andrews---Whalen---McGeady

Ward----Dunne---St- Ledger--Kelly

--------------Given

Previously we have met with Ireland 3 times. First time was after 1924 olympic games in Paris when a friendly match ended with 3-1 win for the Irish. And in WC2002 qualifiers we lost both games 0-2.

Last edited by Andy Christ; November 11th, 2011 at 12:37.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 21:26
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 21:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Do you believe in miracles, Andy?

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 21:56 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

pretty epic fail lol

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 21:57 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

everybody are blaming the referee in here BTW

although we clearly lost the match because of our own mistakes

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 22:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Andy, what was the mood in the stadium? After you went a goal and a man down you rallied quite well and your home support got behind the team but then the second went in, the third, the fourth... I guess that was dispiriting.

edit: I just saw your above post. Indeed you shot your foot.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 22:07 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

i couldn't go to the stadium so unfortunately I was forced to watch it from our national TV and was thoroughly embarassed by our commentators lack of common sense and failure to realistically analyze the game situations. instead they offered a bunch of half-baked conspiracy theories and hate speech about the referee. apparently there's already a facebook hate community created about Viktor Kassai the hungarian referee and it already has thousands of members.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2011, 22:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Kassai made some mistakes that favoured Estonia at times. In the first half, after the red card, you made an attack and strung a neat one-two together; then near the box a player made an absolutely OBVIOUS dive, purely out of desperation, and PLEADED to the ref for a FK. Kassai did nothing then weirdly seconds after he blew his whistle.

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2011, 09:40 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

the commentators were asking for a penalty from there

btw the Viktor Kassai dislike community has over 16K members already...that's over 1% of Estonia's population

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Viktor...11387815554737

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2011, 13:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

"I was supporting Estonia and Kassai did not screw Estonia in this match. The two bookings for Stepanov were correct, watch the match and look at the mistakes made by your own team. I understand this defeat is hard to take but you can be proud of how far Estonia has come in this campaign. Apportioning blame on someone else solves nothing. All the best in the future."

I left that on the hate page lol

Quote:
let me give u a lil love
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2011, 15:10 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

it has 3 likes already, more than nearly any other comment

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2011, 15:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

‎@Jeffrey Niemann for your sake, dont come to Estonia, ever..
14 minutes ago

Quote:
let me give u a lil love

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in