Estonia-Equatorial Guinea (6th June) & Estonia-Portugal (10th June) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2009, 16:05 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Estonia-Equatorial Guinea (6th June) & Estonia-Portugal (10th June)

Two home friendlies ahead.

first one should be easy (and as far as I know it's the first time we face an African team at home...in this millenium at least). Portugal we have played twice before at home in official matches and lost on both occasions, last time it was only 0-1. Tickets to the Portugal match are rather expensive, 400 EEK and apparently that will be the price of autumn's World Cup qualifiers too. Strange decision by our FA considering the economy crisis. They already hugely overpriced the tickets to Brazil friendly in August so I wouldn't be surprised if the autumn's WCQ matches will be half-empty. Although they are offering 1 or 2 free tickets for other games for symbolic prices for those who bought the Brazil ticket.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2009, 08:05
kat
THE
Legend

Well, it is Portugal. Teenage girls go to see ronaldo and for me there's 5 Chelsea players. could be half empty stadium but Portugal may intrest Finns and russians as well.
Eh, my first Portugal game, at Kadrioru, when I finally realzied that these 2 familiar looking dudes in front of me (literally 2 m) are Figo and Rui Costa, I stared at them so intensly that I looked completely silly. Memories
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2009, 08:08 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Well it's not certain that they will come here with the strongest lineup. It's a bit hard to see any reason why they should call up Ronaldo, for example. A meaningless summer friendly after this tiring season he's had...

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2009, 08:53
kat
THE
Legend

True. But even their second or third team is still the best football you get to see in these stadiums.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2009, 12:25
Rising Star

Teams: Milan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat View Post
Eh, my first Portugal game, at Kadrioru, when I finally realzied that these 2 familiar looking dudes in front of me (literally 2 m) are Figo and Rui Costa, I stared at them so intensly that I looked completely silly. Memories
Ahhww. My first NT game. And last Kadrioru game before Lilleküla era? I remember provoking a family of Estonians who were all wearing Figo Kadaka rip-off shirts. What year was it? I think I was something like 10 ...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2009, 13:48
kat
THE
Legend

With my age, it could be both 2000 or 1993...but I think it was 2000 since it was around the time when Rui signed with Milan
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2009, 09:04
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat View Post
With my age, it could be both 2000 or 1993...but I think it was 2000 since it was around the time when Rui signed with Milan
Meh. I was ten 1996 which is the very middle of those figures. But I guess it was 2000 then and I was 14(acting like ten-year-old probably ).
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:24
Rising Star

Teams: Bayern München, Estonia NT
On a side note, Mart Poom has retired from professional football and will play his last competitive game against Portugal. He's been capped 119 times for Estonia and played for Sport Tallinn, KuPS, Flora, FC Wil, Portsmouth, Derby, Sunderland, Arsenal and Watford. He'll work as a goalkeeping coach at Arsenal for the next 4 months.

In 2003, he scored a late equaliser for Sunderland against Derby with a thunderous header, which was described on BBC Radio Five Live as “The best headed equaliser by a goalkeeper against his former club in the last minute. Ever!”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqppcqeHPq0

Inside tank of fuel is not fuel,
but love, Above us, there is nothing above,
but the stars, above
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2009, 10:47 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

the squad against Equatorial-Guinea:

Väravavahid
Mihkel AKSALU (07.11.1984) - Tallinna FC Flora 5/-
Artur KOTENKO (20.08.1981) - Viking FK (NOR) 18/-
Pavel LONDAK (14.05.1980) - FK Bodö/Glimt (NOR) 15/-
Sergei PAREIKO (31.01.1977) - Tom Tomsk (RUS) 9/-

Kaitsjad
Alo BÄRENGRUB (12.02.1984) - FK Bodö/Glimt (NOR) 22/-
Enar JÄÄGER (18.11.1984) - Aalesund FK (NOR) 62/-
Ragnar KLAVAN (03.10.1985) - AZ (NED) 55/1
Dmitri KRUGLOV (24.05.1984) - Neftši Bakuu (AZE) 40/1
Raio PIIROJA (11.07.1979) - Fredrikstad FK (NOR) 85/6
Taavi RÄHN (16.05.1981) - FK Ekranas Panevežys (LIT) 44/-
Tihhon ŠIŠOV (11.02.1983) - Tallinna FC Levadia 15/-
Taijo TENISTE (31.01.1988) - Tallinna FC Levadia 4/-

Poolkaitsjad
Aleksandr DMITRIJEV (18.02.1982) - Hönefoss BK (NOR) 44/-
Tarmo KINK (06.10.1985) - Györi ETO FC (HUN) 32/3
Sander PURI (07.05.1988) - Tallinna FC Levadia 12/2
Ats PURJE (03.08.1985) - FC International Turku (FIN) 11/1
Martin REIM (14.05.1971) - klubita 156/14
Konstantin VASSILJEV (16.08.1984) - NK Nafta Lendava (SVN) 18/1
Martin VUNK (21.08.1984) - Tallinna FC Flora 18/-

Ründajad
Sergei ZENJOV (20.04.1989) - FC Karpatõ Lvov (UKR) 6/2
Kristen VIIKMÄE (10.02.1979) - Jönköpings Södra IF (SWE) 110/14
Vladimir VOSKOBOINIKOV (02.02.1983) - Syrianska FC (SWE) 15/1

All the best players there except for Oper and Lindpere. Equ-Guinea isn't a weak opponent actually, they are using several played from La Liga.

It will be the last game for the NT for Martin Reim (who has actually retired from football already) who will start from the starting lineup but is not expected to play over 20-30 minutes. It will be the 157th appearance in the national team shirt for the European record international. :thmbup:

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2009, 22:44 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

steamrolled 3-0 over Equatorial-Guinea but they looked like random amateurs really, not even a single shot on target

goals by Viikmäe, Voskoboinikov and Zenjov

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2009, 07:55
kat
THE
Legend

Pärast paaripäevast vihma ja külma oli päris mõnus oma vanu konte päikese käes soojendada. Poisid pidasid kah piknikku ja mõnikord tehti veidi teatrit, ma polnudki veel varem näinud, et suss kistakse jalast ja visatakse suure vihaga vastu muru.
Portugali vastu peaks need õiged mängijad ka väljakule tooma.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old June 8th, 2009, 12:23 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Ronaldo won't be coming as apparently he broke a fingernail against Albania or something and is "injured". Our FA said the have "a contract" with Portugal about them bringing their strongest squad to Estonia but of course Portugal doesn't give a **** about it as they didn't even bother to invent injuries to Bosingwa, Deco and Moutinho who were simply sent back to Portugal after the Albania match.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old June 9th, 2009, 18:19 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

starting lineup vs Portugal announced.

Code:
                      Mart Poom

Enar Jääger  Alo Bärengrub  Raio Piiroja  Ragnar Klavan 

Martin Vunk    Aleksandr Dmitrijev 
Tarmo Kink       Konstantin Vassiljev       Ats Purje

Sergei Zenjov
Porugal also announces lineup (lol about their promise of playing "the best lineup):

Code:
                  Beto

Miguel  R.Carvalho  Ronaldo  G.Brandao 

Jose Castro    Tiago   Boa Morte

Edinho   Nani   Eliseu

Last edited by Andy Christ; June 9th, 2009 at 18:25.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2009, 07:55
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Christ View Post

Porugal also announces lineup (lol about their promise of playing "the best lineup):

Code:
                  Beto

Miguel  R.Carvalho  Ronaldo  G.Brandao 

Jose Castro    Tiago   Boa Morte

Edinho   Nani   Eliseu
LOL. Rolando*
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2009, 21:27 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

yeahhh 0-0 :thmbup:

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2009, 21:30
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
yeahhh 0-0 :thmbup:
Great job against our blind school C-team.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2009, 21:33 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

hehe it's not our fault you played crap players

Estonia 0-0 Portugal that's a fact

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2009, 21:33
International

Who played better?
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2009, 21:35 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Portugal dominated the 1st half, the second half was about equal.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old June 10th, 2009, 21:36
Flo
Legend

Teams: SL Benfica, Liverpool, & AC Milan
Quote:
hehe it's not our fault you played crap players

Estonia 0-0 Portugal that's a fact
Just saying. Not an achievement of any sort. Considering everyone here thinks we carry depth. We most certainly don't.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in