Estonia meets Brazil on August 12th!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2009, 10:17 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Estonia meets Brazil on August 12th!!!

According to Brazilian FA, they have scheduled a friendly in Tallinn on 12.08, soon after Confederations Cup.

Seems like an official announcement although I still don't know if to believe it will really happen. But it would be brilliant for Estonian football, of course. Even if they play their B team...which they probably do.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2009, 10:21 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ne...+play+friendly

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2009, 12:54
World Class Player

Teams: FC Barcelona
That was my wtf moment of the day thus far. After waking up and watching postimees online with that news on the top.

But hey, what can i say ? Fvck yeah.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2009, 20:22 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Pohlak says the ticket price will be around 125 euros fcuking shameful really.

Apparently the whole thing is a part of celebrating the 100th anniversary of Estonian football (which is something I haven't even heard of so maybe it's good they attract attention like this). They wanted to keep it a secret for a while but Brazilians leaked the info out. And they want to arrange two more high-profile home friendlies in 2009. The thing is, though, that the whole thing is pointless if they overprice the tickets like this. In our current economical lowdown the FA will end up looking like complete fools with half-full stands because even Spain didn't bring in a full stadium in autumn and that was an official match vs the reigning Euro Champions with normal ticket price.

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2009, 20:24 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Oh and they promised that Brazil will come out with the best lineup. Apparently we'll be paying them a lot of money...

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2009, 20:36
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
That explain the cost of the ticket then, what the capapcity of Le Coq arena. (i assume it will be played there ?)
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2009, 20:45 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Yeah it will be played there and the FA wants government support to build 4,000 extra seats. Not much chance of that happening with the current budget crisis situation, of course.

And Pohlak also promised a friendly with Argentina in 2011 or 2012

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:23
kat
THE
Legend

A bow to pohlak. I don't know with whom he had to sleep or pay to pull it off, but good work. Bad for our team, of course, we will look like total amateurs but our people need to be shown some real football every now and then.

and no worries about empty stadium, we have enought neighbours of finns, Russians, Swedes, Latvains. I just fear they will give too many tickets to sponsors.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:24
kat
THE
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Andy" View Post
Yeah it will be played there and the FA wants government support to build 4,000 extra seats. Not much chance of that happening with the current budget crisis situation, of course.

And Pohlak also promised a friendly with Argentina in 2011 or 2012
Ma ise suudaks stadka lisaistekohad panna všhemalt kahe erineva prioriteetse suuna alla (struktuurivahendid siis, turism ja regionaalne areng) panna, aga augustiks paraku jah selliseid projekte enam valmis ei tee.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2009, 14:24
Cachorro
Legend

Teams: Botafogo, Brasil
Looking forward to a good match.

"Only in the darkness can you see the stars."
~Martin Luther King Jr.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2009, 14:31
kat
THE
Legend

Estonian tactic- the first 2 rows will be filled with beautyful blondes and you'll lose your consentration. And then comes Kink with his horrible sun-glasses and haircut and scare off your keeper.
Easy.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2009, 14:34
Cachorro
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat View Post
Estonian tactic- the first 2 rows will be filled with beautyful blondes and you'll lose your consentration.
That tactic would probably work wonders with Robinho and Adriano, but Kaka is just as likely to open a bible and try to convert all the blondes. "Hear me sisters, for I have seen THE LIGHT!!"

~Martin Luther King Jr.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2009, 15:14
kat
THE
Legend

Oh, he will see the light, our white nights, that is. Just something in our air which denies people to be good Christians.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2009, 21:09 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Apparently we're going to pay their FA at least million dollars for this match. Better be worth it

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2009, 21:21
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Andy" View Post
Pohlak says the ticket price will be around 125 euros fcuking shameful really.

Do Estionian people have enough money to visit a game for such a price?

It's ridiculous to ask Ä125 for a friendly match, even if it's versus Brazil... if I was from Estonia I just wouldn't go because of the principle and should hope many didn't so the stadium should be empty.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2009, 07:56
kat
THE
Legend

Yes, we have money, actually. Yes, I would pay that price, even if I am not a fan of Brazil. It's only 4900 tickets on sale, add Finns, Swedes, Russians, Latvians and we will sell teh tickets. It ain't fair towards schoolkids or poorer people, but in this state, far far away and 10 000 capacity stadium, Brazilian NT is a luxury goods and that comes with a price.

In comparisment, Madonna tickets are about twice as cheaper, but she gives plenty of concerts in area.Brazilians are 1 time thing.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2009, 22:03 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

considering the highest price for Estonia match so far has been around 16 euros it's a bit too huge of a jump.

I'd love to see Brazil but I'm not sure if that's worth the price really. 60-70 euros would be okay but this price is a bit absurd, especially considering the current economic situation.

The tickets will be on sale from Monday BTW.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2009, 22:08
Cachorro
Legend

€125 sounds like a daylight robbery to me. It will sting even harder if the game is a scoreless tie (which I hope it won't be, but it's always a possibility).

~Martin Luther King Jr.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2009, 22:26 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

The original idea of our FA was to hold the match on Lauluvšljak (which is an outdoor arena where our national singing festivals and beerfests are held). It could've been possible to allow 30,000-40,000 people there, although without proper seating and a bit too far from the makeshift pitch too maybe. But the ticket price would've been more or less normal then, maybe 30-40 euros. But the Brazilian FA had only one requirement for this match - it has to be held on a proper football stadium.

post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2009, 20:48
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in