Estonia-Georgia (27.05) and Estonia - Faeroe Islands (4.06) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2008, 08:46 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Estonia-Georgia (27.05) and Estonia - Faeroe Islands (4.06)

Estonian NT will play 4 matches in 11 days. Two home friendlies plus two Baltic Tournament matches in Latvia in between these.

None of the matches take place in FIFA official match days so it will be difficult to get foreign-based players to be available. The motivation seems to be high in our camp though.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2008, 08:12
kat
THE
Legend

Funny, I did not buy a ticket for Faroe game, and later turned out that I have to be in court in tartu. beats me, how long it will take.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2008, 16:18 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Lineup:

----------Londak

Šisov--Bärengrub--Piiroja--Klavan

Kink---Dimitrjev--Anniste---Purje

-------Viikmäe---Saag

Viikmäe already missed an open goal

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? AndÖ.itís the football, thatís the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2008, 16:50 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Decent first half, nothing special. Purje had a good chance around half hour mark but Georgian keeper saved well. Georgia has come close couple of times as well. Overall we've been a bit better so far though.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2008, 17:26 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Piiroja brought down in the box during a FK and we get a penalty. Kink takes it well and scores his first goal for Estonia.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2008, 17:44 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

1-1

Levan Kenia receives a brilliant backheel pass in the box and puts it past Londak.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2008, 06:53
kat
THE
Legend

First time in my life I was late for a game. Ok,not too late, arrived during second anthem. Was wrongly dressed, so started to freeze pretty fast. Game not too bad but nothing exciting neither. Then rain, I am in first line, no plastic coat nor umbrella. Half time, 7 min in beer line ( to get some warmth in) another 7 mins to get that beer in me. moved up to terrace in case fo rmore rain. Hippeey, sun, beer kicks in, I feel all right. Game even worse but nice goal by Georgies. Final call, I'm a bit chilly, tipsy, hungry and that crap beer made me desperate for toilet.
We had firts half, Georgia second, probably fair result but in the end I had the feeling that maybe they deserved it abit more.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2008, 07:11 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

are they selling real beer in the stadium now?

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2008, 08:33
kat
THE
Legend

Beats me what the real beer is, I only drink Guinesse. That was A Le Coq's Premium, only, 35.-. Tasted bad, I felt puking.
However, there has been real revolution, they allowe you to enter with cups inside.

Ps, the band was great
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2008, 16:20 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Georgian players looked really confused when they heard that space rock version of their anthem

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2008, 16:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
It was the good one at least ? I have that the Czech played the Latvian anthem against Lithuania yesterday evening.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2008, 17:08 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

hehee yes it's true

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...160/index.html

Before a friendly international match on Tuesday in Prague, the Czech organizers played the national anthem of Latvia and the official program for the match contained Latvia's national flag and a photograph of the Latvian squad.

The final result was Czech Rep 2-0 Latvia Lithuania

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old June 4th, 2008, 10:34 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

callup against faeroe:

Všravavahid
Mihkel AKSALU (07.11.1984) – Tallinna FC Flora 3/-
Artur KOTENKO (20.08.1981) – Sandnes Ulf (NOR) 14/-
Mart POOM (03.02.1972) – Watford FC (ENG) 117/-

Kaitsjad
Enar JńńGER (18.11.1984) – Aalesund FK (NOR) 52/-
Igor MOROZOV (27.05.1989) – Tallinna FC Levadia 1/-
Urmas ROOBA (08.07.1978) – Turun Palloseura (FIN) 69/1
Andrei SIDORENKOV (12.02.1984) – Tallinna FC Flora 10/-
Andrei STEPANOV (16.03.1979) – FK Himki (RUS) 77/1
Tihhon äIäOV (11.02.1983) – Tallinna FC Levadia 11/-

Poolkaitsjad
Aivar ANNISTE (18.02.1980) – Tallinna FC TVMK 42/3
Aleksandr DMITRIJEV (18.02.1982) – HÝnefoss BK (NOR) 33/-
Jevgeni NOVIKOV (28.06.1980) – FK Riga (LAT) 12/1
Sander PURI (07.05.1988) – Tallinna FC Levadia 2/-
Konstantin VASSILJEV (16.08.1984) – NK Nafta Lendava (SVN) 8/-
Martin VUNK (21.08.1984) – Tallinna FC Flora 5/-

RŁndajad
Tarmo KINK (06.10.1985) – Tallinna FC Levadia 22/1
Ats PURJE (03.08.1985) – FC International Turku (FIN) 7/-
Vjatöelsav ZAHOVAIKO (29.12.1981) – Tallinna FC Flora 36/5
Vladimir VOSKOBOINIKOV (02.02.1983) – Torpedo Moskva (RUS) 6/

this team looks really awful on paper at least...still, they should be able to beat Faeroe at home

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2008, 07:24 Thread Starter
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

4-3 was the final result

We went 3-0 up in the first half with Zahovaiko scoring a double. But Faeroes scored 3 goals inside 7 minutes in the second half as our defense totally crumbled. Eventually Novikov's long-range shot gave us the win.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2008, 08:22
kat
THE
Legend

We ARE violent and frustrated football fans. my mother won't let me go to stadium anymore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in