Pohlak or Kannik - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2005, 08:42 Thread Starter
kat
THE
Legend

Pohlak or Kannik

Ok, speak up. How the Estonian football should continue?
Looking at the newspapers today, they all beat Pohlak.
Sod them all, in Pohlak we trust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2005, 15:08
Rising Star

Teams: Bayern München, Estonia NT
Pohlak has done great work, but it's time to let the others continue.

Inside tank of fuel is not fuel,
but love, Above us, there is nothing above,
but the stars, above
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2005, 17:19
Star Player

What has Pohlak actually done except being corrupt?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old November 7th, 2005, 19:02
Rising Star

taken Estonian football out of the mud? built a nice stadium? given us a competitive national team? i mean, as he started there were no football traditions what so ever, it was just another 'russians' sport. now it's the most popular sport in Estonia.
but anyway, it's time for him to quit or he just stops the development. i'd say Kannik should continue and Pohlak should concentrate on Flora.

but the stars, above
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2005, 06:30 Thread Starter
kat
THE
Legend

erki, I have heard such story since Uno Piir days. Trust me, I'v seen it all. And talking about "no development" with Pohlak, and all that with Kannik, it's hilrious. You aren't serious, are you? Pohlak is a maddog, who's visions have been laughted at every time he says anything. And you know what, it all has become reality anyway, despite of "suits" as Kannik.
Kannik and co just want honrobale 9-5 job in football federation. Can't blaime them, being a leader of even the tineist footy fed in Europe is a big thing. But, have you ever seen them talk passionately about footy? Have you ever seen their eyes burning when they talk about footy? I haven't. and sorry, I do not trust such "suits" in football. I felt very cheated and bad when Kannik first made this new NT ticket system, I just knew something is very wrong about it. and my guts never fails me.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2005, 13:02
Rising Star

well, that's just my opinion. but i don't like that Pohlak has so much power in his hands.

but the stars, above
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old November 8th, 2005, 13:22 Thread Starter
kat
THE
Legend

In theory, me neither. But what is exactly too much power? He doesn't have it actually. In that sense it's democracy in it's purest way, I mean this latest fed voting on Sirel. Kannik lost that voting in true democratic way, so he can't say anything about it.Board members choose to trust Pohlak and not Kannik.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2005, 19:35
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
I was really surprised when Kannik expressed his surprise about how Pohlak considers EJL (Estonian Football Association) to be some kind of suborganization of FC Flora. I mean, it has always been that way! Realistically speaking, it is a suborganization of Flora! Didn't Kannik know that when he accepted the job? Pohlak has always had the final say of what concerns the national team and the league system and pretty much every other big decision in Estonian football. And that's how it has to be IMO. He has built up Estonian football from nothing almost all by himself. He owns almost half of the clubs in Meistriliiga. He practically owns Estonian football, including our national stadium.
And fact is that he has used his power well, as our football has developed continuosly during his reign. He has been the only visionary and created the system what he considers to be suitable. In a way, it is even rididculous to think that somebody could overthrow Pohlak inside Pohlak's own system. That voting on Sirel was a good example. Before the voting Pohlak made these threats about taking his clubs off Meistriliiga (which is of course quite an absurd threat to make, but he has never been very reasonable guy) and he got the majority of votes on his side. He is too powerful to be pushed aside, even though many people would want to do that. So it's better to just accept his domination and hope he continues to make right choices about the future of our footie.

He is crazy, of course, but it's positive craziness.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2005, 22:23
Rising Star

Teams: TSV 1860 München, Danubio FC
Yeah, the NT really improved under Pohlak's reign, but the Estonian club football seems to fall behind quite much. And I don't know if such monopolized structure is beneficial to the league's development... :undecide:

I lack the insight, but the number of spectators in Meistriliiga gives the impression of league football being very unpopular in Estonia.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 13:11
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Yes, it most certainly is.

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2005, 14:27 Thread Starter
kat
THE
Legend

Unfortunately the football season here is the same as summer season, meaning gardening season, meaning that every Friday I take off from Tallinn and come back on Sunday evening. I pass the stadium by train tho, listenig game by radio...
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2016, 16:03
Forum Manager
Premier Player

Pohlak steps back from being FC Flora president and gives his place over to..... his son - Pelle Pohlak.

Will continue as Estonia FA president
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2016, 17:07
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

hehe

that's how it's supposed to be in dictatorships...the power is given over to the son.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in