Marius Stankevicius - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old June 11th, 2005, 22:42 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Heart of Midlothian Football Club
Marius Stankevicius

Is set to join Hearts from Brescia, according to various media reports http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4084464.stm

What are your thoughts of this? I have read that he is one of Lithuania's best players, what position does he play?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2005, 11:11
Premier Player

Stankevicius would be a great signing for Hearts. At the start of his career with Brescia he played in defense - either RD or CD. However, towards the end of this season when Brescia where really stuggling and desperate to avoid relegation they started to change things around - put players in different positions, introduce new players, etc... This is were i noticed how good Stankevius is and how incredibly versatile he is. Against Milan, Stankevius played on the right side of midfield and looked the best player on the pitch, he was awesome. He was equally good at at attacking and defending and he looked like a completely different player to the one who i had first saw the season before (2003/2004) playing in defense and only looking an average player at the most. Whilst watching the Brescia v Milan game, Stanka even reminded me of Pavel Nedved with his long blonde hair and playing style. Brescia ended up winning the match 1 - 0 and unsurprisingly Stankevecius was the player who set up goal. Maybe if Stankevecius had been used more often in midfield for Brescia, they might have had a better chance of avoiding relegation.
He is easily Lithuania's best player and the sort of player who will probably impress in his first season at Hearts and then join Celtic or Rangers.
Attributes: Very Strong, surprisingly rapid, good balance and a good crosser and very calm on the ball. Maybe slightly inconsistant, however the reason for this might be because he didn't start enough games and hasn't figured out his best position yet...
Hope that helps you 'Heartsfan'........
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old June 14th, 2005, 22:04
Rising Star

Marius Stankevicius is a very good player, if Hears can get hit it's surely a great deal, but I think he can get good offers in Serie A (his team Brescia is relegated to Serie B), and I fear he would prefer the Italian league than the Scottish... I wish my Sampdoria could buy him!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old June 20th, 2005, 11:46 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Heart of Midlothian Football Club
Algimantas Liubinskas isn't exactly helping our cause. I can understand him having a go at our old training methods as our last manager was garbage, but we are now set to bring in either George Burley or Nevio Scala so things WILL pick up.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/t...name_page.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in