Ivanauskas - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old May 13th, 2005, 18:18 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Heart of Midlothian Football Club
Ivanauskas

The Former Kaunas manager is being linked to Heart of Midlothian as our new head coach. What are peoples thoughts of him?

We've also been linked with Brescia's Lithuanian defender Stankevicius, is he good?

Lithuanian revolution at Hearts is in full swing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2005, 19:04
vol
Rising Star

Ivanauskas was good player in Zalgiris, Austria Wien, Hamburger SV, our NT, but as manager he haven't done anything.
He finished coaching school in Cologne, Germany, managed Vetra and Kaunas for two years and was sacked early this season because of poor results. As a former player he have huge authority between Lithuanian players (probably that's why he is NT manager's assistant) but that's not gonna work in Scotland.

Stankevicius is a right defender in NT squad but currently in Brescia he plays in midfield. Along with Deividas Cesnauskis he grown here with my club Ekranas, and after goaless NT's draw with Italy in qualifiers at home he was spotted by guests. He's good and still improving, so I hope he wouldn't take a step back and wouldn't sign with Hearts even if Brescia will be relegated.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2005, 19:45
Rookie

for me Stankevicius is the best Lithuanian fotballer but he have one big trouble.He is very agressive. In last Lithuanian NT friendly game against Georgia he got red card after in WC qualifier game against Bosnia & Hercogovina he also got red card. He often entangle to spars but like player he is very good and talanted

About Ivanauskas he was very good player but like coach he is nothing. For me Stankevicius for Hearts would be very good solution but Ivanauskas really not

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2005, 22:14 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Thanks guys
Hopefully we'll sign Stankevicius as Kizys, Mikolunias and Cesnauskis have all done very well. If Stankevicius has lots of aggression, I'm sure he'll be a popular player with us, so long as he doesn't do anything stupid.
I wouldn't mind Robertas Puskus at Hearts as we need a striker as well.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2005, 03:08
Rising Star

I haven't seen much of Kizys. What do you think of him, Heartsfan?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2005, 09:54 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Kizys is like a better version of Hartley. He's small, quick, aggressive, but has a good range of passing and works hard. He is also only 22/23, and Miko has JUST turned 21, so both players have huge potential.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2005, 12:45
rae
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsfan
The Former Kaunas manager is being linked to Heart of Midlothian as our new head coach. What are peoples thoughts of him?
as a player he was brillinat though as a coach he hasnt proved anything yet...
Quote:
We've also been linked with Brescia's Lithuanian defender Stankevicius, is he good?
He is too good for you. I would be disappointed if he signs Hearts. Brescia and Italia is better place for him. I would not be surprised if he signs a bigger club of western Europe
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2005, 16:56 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Too good for us how exactly?
We've beaten Basel, Braga and Celtic this season and were unlucky against Schalke.
We got 25,000-30,000 crowds in the UEFA cup and have huge potential. We're a club who is going places thanks to Romanov.
Cesnauskis basically moved from Lokomotiv Moskova to us, so why wouldn't Stankevicius move from Brescia to Hearts?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2005, 21:15
vol
Rising Star

He's playing in Serie A, stronger league by miles, is a regular first team player. So why should he change all that and go to Scotland's mid-table club?
In Italy he has space to improve, playing around best defenders and wathing best defending teams in Europe.

Another reason I don't want to see him moving to Hearts is man you've mentioned - Romanovas. Since that c*nt took over Hearts I dislike your club and I'm glad they are out of Europe. Was 5th a place you were going for?

Kaunas had 4 managers in last two seasons and sacked Ivanauskas early this year with only 7 games played. Despite being richest club and having so many good players to form few competing teams (actually doing that and taking easy points back) they can't dominate us. I wonder what Romanovas' controlled club can do in league dominated by two Glasgow giants? Nothing at all.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 10:18 Thread Starter
Rising Star

We've finished 5th because we changed managers half-way through the season and results didn't go our way. We don't expect to 'dominate' the Old Firm, but we want to challange them. We've missed out on Europe this season, but we'll be back challanging next time around. I don't dispute that Serie A is a stronger league, but thats not to say that Stankevicius can't improve. Antti Niemi became the world class goalkeeper that he is while at Hearts, and we've had several Scotland internationals in our side who we've developed (Pressley, Webster, Gordon, Hartley) and if we offer him more money than Brescia, then he might join us.
Why exactly do you dislike Romanov? Is it not a bit of jealousy?
And anyway, haven't Kaunas won the Lithuanian league for the majority of its existence?
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 14:02
vol
Rising Star

Quote:
Why exactly do you dislike Romanov? Is it not a bit of jealousy?
And anyway, haven't Kaunas won the Lithuanian league for the majority of its existence?
It will be hard for you to understand situation in our football. In Scotland every move, match or speech is widely announced, strict league rules for years already. So no space for any speculation, briberies, etc. It's different here.

Romanovas' bank Ukio bankas is sponsor of other 3 clubs in top league. Our FA (LFF) president and chairman of National Association of Clubs (NFKA, which helds championship) are members of bank's board.

Another club (Silute) has 9 players on loan from Kaunas, two more has 2 inside. Despite being pretty decent mid-tablers this and last season they all lost to Kaunas, some of them thrashed easily. But when Kaunas met more independent clubs like Vilnius, Vetra or Ekranas - lost all matches this year.
Last year Silute had 7 players on loan. They lost three matches to Kaunas and drew once - when on-loan Slovakian Pastva scored equaliser in 88' by his individual run, Then he was chased by Kaunas players on the pitch and after match one of Kaunas heads explained to him in front of crowd not picking the words, when he can score and when don't. After that Slovakian dissapeared for few weeks.

Another situation from last year. Clubs played Cup matches on Wednesday, four Silute's on-loan players received bookings and were suspended for league match on Sunday against Kaunas' rivals and main title challengers Ekranas. So what did they do? Kaunas decided to move their own match against Silute to Friday - that would be 3 matches in 5 days - and of course Silute agrees. Stadium where Kaunas played their home matches was in minor reconstruction, but is that a problem? They can play away. So match was played 200 km away with attendance of 16, Kaunas won, Silute' players passed their suspensions and took points from us on Sunday.

Despite losing points to almost all teams in league, we won 3 matches against Kaunas with aggregate score 6-0. And with 1 round left both clubs were level on points. That last match was between challengers at Ekranas' ground. With two days left NFKA helds a meeting in Ukio bankas, where took part only representatives of 5 clubs (5 is a majority of 9-member board), that were linked with Kaunas all season. So they decided to disqualify Ekranas for ilegal bribery of Kaunas' players and give victory 3-0 to Kaunas. No any arguments, proofs or explanations were given. After scandal increased, next day LFF decided match should be played and decisions will be taken next week. No wonder that on the matchday young Ekranas players simply overburned, played more aggresive than usually and lost match 0-2.
Why the hell should Ekranas bribe their opponents when they won all matches against them that season and only one more victory at home divides them from title?

In 2003 season scenario was pretty much the same, though decisive match with two rounds left was won by Kaunas fairly.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 14:47 Thread Starter
Rising Star

The problem Hearts have with Romanov at the moment is believing he has money and will spend it on us. He sacked our manager (John Robertson) who was well liked by the supporters and has made various fantastic claims. We've had to sit through nearly 2 decades of Old Firm dominance and I don't think many of us will care if we get there through corrupt means, as the Old Firm do it all the time.
I feel sorry for your team and it sounds like a terrible decision, but it can't ALL be down to bribery. Romanov wouldn't get away with that here in Scotland.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 15:19
rae
Rising Star

Quote:
Too good for us how exactly?
We've beaten Basel, Braga and Celtic this season and were unlucky against Schalke.
We got 25,000-30,000 crowds in the UEFA cup and have huge potential. We're a club who is going places thanks to Romanov.
Cesnauskis basically moved from Lokomotiv Moskova to us, so why wouldn't Stankevicius move from Brescia to Hearts?
:dielaugh: you compare lokomitiv to BRESCIA... a brave try.... russian league to SERIE A....

btw, I can not imagine Hearts above Celtic or rangers.... it just impossible... and you are under them you have no chances to play in UCL...
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 15:50
Legend

Can't judge him as a coach, but he is still a legend here at Austria Wien, a player that will be never forgot. His spell in Germany was ill-fated though...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old May 16th, 2005, 17:35
vol
Rising Star

Ivanauskas had his own site created by Hamburger fans - www.ivanauskas.de which now is closed/suspended.

rae, Lokomotiv is heads above Brescia or Hearts by it's powerty and potential, but Russia isn't the best place for technical "light" players as Cesnauskis. Just remember their Champions League run in 2003/04 and they are currently Russian champions after all.
Deividas probably joined Loko just because they were champions, what means CL and a chance to be spotted Western clubs. In Dinamo he was key starting player, but in champions' side he struggled to conquer his place.

Quote:
it can't ALL be down to bribery. Romanov wouldn't get away with that here in Scotland.
If you look at the squads, number and quality of players and money clubs are spending - Kaunas are strongest. But that's on the paper only. If Romanovas can't run Kaunas properly with the resources he has I doubt he can do it in Scotland or anywhere else.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2005, 01:46
vol
Rising Star

An article on Sunday Herald about last year's finish.

Update
Another article on The Scotsman about Romanovas.

You can understand why that man isn't well-liked by fans here.

Last edited by vol; May 17th, 2005 at 02:12.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2005, 17:46
rae
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol
rae, Lokomotiv is heads above Brescia or Hearts by it's powerty and potential, but Russia isn't the best place for technical "light" players as Cesnauskis. Just remember their Champions League run in 2003/04 and they are currently Russian champions after all.
Deividas probably joined Loko just because they were champions, what means CL and a chance to be spotted Western clubs. In Dinamo he was key starting player, but in champions' side he struggled to conquer his place.
I mean the fact that Brescia is in Serie A - second strongest league in the world and lokomotiv plays in russia only... cuz in europe they do not preform.l

Just recall a situation with Tomasauskas. He was brilliant while he played for us, in Atlantas. And what happened when he went to russia?! He degredated... many players from Lithuania fvck their careers when the go to russia... .....nekenciu ruskiu :fero:
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2005, 01:19
vol
Rising Star

Maybe CSKA's victory in UEFA Cup Final will be a push for the rest Russian teams to show their real strength in Europe.

It's sad that Lithuanians prefer bigger money, despite warming benches or playing in reserve squads of Russian teams. Fortunately, Stankevicius went other way.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2005, 11:11
rae
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol
Maybe CSKA's victory in UEFA Cup Final will be a push for the rest Russian teams to show their real strength in Europe.
I wish, they dont
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2005, 05:08
vol
Rising Star

Why?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in