Vladimir Romanov - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 08:39 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Heart of Midlothian Football Club
Vladimir Romanov

Hello, the owner of FC Kaunas is close to buying my team, Heart of Midlothian, and he promises to turn us into a team who will win the Scottish League (we are the best outside Rangers and Celtic). However, many Hearts fans are unsure as to whether he has the money and ambition to do this, so I'd like to ask fans of Lithuanian football what they think about him, it doesn't matter who you support! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 14:02
rae
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsfan
Hello, the owner of FB Kaunas is close to buying my team, Heart of Midlothian, and he promises to turn us into a team who will win the Scottish League (we are the best outside Rangers and Celtic). However, many Hearts fans are unsure as to whether he has the money and ambition to do this, so I'd like to ask fans of Lithuanian football what they think about him, it doesn't matter who you support! Thanks
He is not lithuanian as you can see from his name....and he behaves like true russian... I mean he has nothing saint...
the last scandal he was involved was diqualification of FK Ekranas right before the last season macth against FBK.... isnt it suspicous... Basically he sux.... as his team..... they have won 6 titles due to their wide pocket of money.... total coruption and if he wants to continue his job in Scotland..... :rollani:

On the other hand, lithuanian players would have a special entrance to british football zone.... p
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 16:39 Thread Starter
Rising Star

To be fair, it won't suck for us and for Scotland in general if Romanov puts money into Hearts, because we are up against Celtic and Rangers who are considerably bigger than us. We've been rumoured to be interested in 2 lithuanians, one called Robertas Puskas and the other plays for Brann (I think?) What are your thoughts on these players?
Who are the top Lithuanian players at the moment? Andrius Skerla looks like a good player at Dunfermline, perhaps someone else can improve on that?

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 18:07
Rising Star

U were interested ir Robertas Poskus? Well, thats one of the best lithuanian strikers, he plays in Russia, in Krylja Sovetov Samara, few seasons ago he was 2nd best top scorer in Russia. But i think it is unlikely that he would go to Hearts...well, u never know.

As far as i know, no lithuanians play in Brann. :rollani:

top lithuanian players? I am afraid, that Romanovas dont have the influence to make thel come to Hearts, unless he buys them...bla, we have Semberas(defender, defensive midfielder) playin in Champions League all the time with CSKA Moscow, we have brothers Cesnauskis, one playing for Dinamo Kiev, other for Lokomotiv Moscow.(left and right wingers respectively). Jankauskas playing for NICE. He is only lithuanian to win champions league. that was last year with Porto.
i think it is more likely that young and very perspective lithuanian players, who currently play in Lithuianian clubs (some of them are in national team already) would be transfered to Hearts, to develop their skills, because the conditions here in Lithuania are awful...

As what concerns Romanovas; he has lots of money, thats for sure (although they are definetly not clean, if u know what i mean...) He can do good things to Hearts, although some of his statements are truly unrealistic, looking from current positions...

feel free to ask anything u wanna know

Last edited by Ignas; December 1st, 2004 at 18:14.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 18:22
vol
Rising Star

Robertas Poskus plays for Russian club Krylja Sovetov. Swift, fast and persistent striker, member of our National Team. He was voted as best Lithuanian player of 2003.

However, money can't assure silverware. Kaunas has best players in Lithuania, buys here everybody they only want to. Enough equal players for few teams, highest salaries; but they still can't honestly overcome team of twenty youngsters. I wrote a lot about Kaunas' ways in Lithuanian league thread.

Kaunas played CL qualification versus Rangers (in 2000, agg. 1-4) and Celtic (2003, agg. 0-5 ). Maybe then he felt he can do something in Scottish league, either legal way or not.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2004, 23:00 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Thanks guys, I think that Romanov's comments were either mistranslated (he was interviewed via a translator) or he is quite naive. The problem in Scotland is that fans of Rangers and Celtic aren't that loyal and few actually go to games, they are glory hunters who only follow sucess. I don't suppose you guys know anything about Anytoly Byshovets, who will be appointed as our director of Football?
We Hearts fans don't really care where this money comes from as long as our team survives as we came very close to being wiped out.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 18:03
Rising Star

Anytoly Byshovets?

Old mate of Romanovas...dont know much about him...i think his will be there just to do what Romanovas says.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 20:36
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Romanovs? why ru adding an S?

R.I.P Ari
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2004, 20:46
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Romanovs? why ru adding an S?
well, OK he is kind of russian, but in Lithuanian his surname would be RomanoVAS All male names in Lithuanian language ends with an S.

Actualy, I am not sure what nationality does Romanov'as have...?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 14:53
rae
Rising Star

Quote:
To be fair, it won't suck for us and for Scotland in general if Romanov puts money into Hearts, because we are up against Celtic and Rangers who are considerably bigger than us. We've been rumoured to be interested in 2 lithuanians, one called Robertas Puskas and the other plays for Brann (I think?) What are your thoughts on these players?
Who are the top Lithuanian players at the moment? Andrius Skerla looks like a good player at Dunfermline, perhaps someone else can improve on that?
In Brann plays our Tomas Razanauskas I guess if he already havent left... :rollani:
we also has some awesome midfielders...like bros Cesnauskiai [Deividas and Edgaras]... also some players play in Serie A -- Tomas Danilevicius and Marius Stankevicius.... but our best is Edgaras Jankauskas reigning european champ with FCP p
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 15:01
World Class Player

Quote:
Hello form Krylya Posha? ha ha dont ever dream Doubtful, really doubtful. Until Romanov hasnt made Hearts third Rangers/Celtic, Im sure Robertas wouldnt move there. Or until Romanov hasnt offered a crazy amount of money for him. Though, we dont make money on selling players, as our president often says, so I think Poskus wont leave Samara.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old December 15th, 2004, 23:11
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Romanov is about as Russian as u can get, so he's probably Russian.

R.I.P Ari
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2004, 12:35
rae
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignas
well, OK he is kind of russian, but in Lithuanian his surname would be RomanoVAS All male names in Lithuanian language ends with an S.
nop, pal.... for instance Salenga or Songaila or Slanina or Sireika or Skerla...
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old December 16th, 2004, 14:51
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rae
nop, pal.... for instance Salenga or Songaila or Slanina or Sireika or Skerla...
ups... i meant SURNAMES... :drool:
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2004, 02:36
Premier Player

Teams: Celtic & Barcelona
Quote:
The problem in Scotland is that fans of Rangers and Celtic aren't that loyal and few actually go to games, they are glory hunters who only follow sucess.
What a load of pish!!!!!!!!

Celtic have 53,000 season ticket holders and 60,000 crowd for all home games. We have a waiting list of 15,000 for season tickets. Celtic still managed to get bigger crowds than Hearts ever will through the 1990s when Celtic won virtually nothing. To suggest that Celtic fans are merely glory hunters is the remark of a clueless fool.

Celtic FC

Part of the real European Elite

SPL Champions

Visit the Celtic forum here

Rangers FC - 3rd in a 2 horse race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocha
(On Paul Le Guen) He cannot fail in Scotland, because he is too good...
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2004, 11:47
rae
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignas
i meant SURNAMES... :drool:
ya mean NAMES
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2004, 00:51
vol
Rising Star

I don't think Hearts, Aberdeen or any other club can simply intercept Rangers/Celtic domination. Unless huge investment with lots of class players like it happened with Chelsea. Or a very good manager (Ferguson in 80s?).
Though both Glasgow clubs are lacking of resistance in domestic league and that echoes to their form in Europe.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2005, 23:19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol
I don't think Hearts, Aberdeen or any other club can simply intercept Rangers/Celtic domination. Unless huge investment with lots of class players like it happened with Chelsea. Or a very good manager (Ferguson in 80s?).
Though both Glasgow clubs are lacking of resistance in domestic league and that echoes to their form in Europe.
Yes Rangers and Celtic are amazingly far ahead of everyone else.
But The Old Firm shaft everybody else in the SPL simply by being the old firm.
for example Celtic offered £200k for Paul Hartley - one of hearts best players when he is worth probably £1.2 million. This time Hearts told Celtic to get away but all to often SPL clubs sell their best players for next to nothing - thus destroying any team they may have assembled against the Old Firm dominance.
If a SPL club (hearts or any other, although hearts would be the most likely to achieve any real success) had money to spend and could turn down offers for their best players then it would not take a huge amount of money to reach the old firms level....but we are heavily in debt

One Lithuanian player played for Hearts at the weekend - Saulius Mikoliunas. he was really good, have high hopes for him

tonight we have signed Deividas Cesnauskis is he any good?
thanks for your answers!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2005, 06:43
Rising Star

Cesnauskis is buch better than Mikoliunas! its a real surprise he moved to Hearts! He is one of Lithuania NT leaders, with 16 caps already and 3 goals. Very good right winger.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2005, 14:37
rae
Rising Star

I would be very pleased if his bro [i.e. Edgaras] will join him in Scotland p

They both are probably the best players of our NT.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in