Turkey is overated! - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:17 Thread Starter
Rookie

Turkey is overated!

I think so.

Lets just look back a little. For some years ago Turkey was considerd as a bad team. Then Galatasaray had some succes in Europe and suddenly the Turkish team was a team of worldclass. They also managed to make it to the semifinal in WC and the people in Turkey thought they really could win the whole cup. But what kind of teams did they get to face on their way?!

Senegal?!

Japan?!

------------

edited: Please, do not provoke other NT and club fans for insults and respect them

Last edited by redbox; November 23rd, 2003 at 00:03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:24 Thread Starter
Rookie

Oh, Whats up with you now?

Are you mad or something?

Do you think I give a damn about your respect or even your opinions?

You lost and I am so damn happy about that!
You thought that you would beat us easily but guess what. We are a better team than you and that was proven last night.

-----

Edit: Do not insult anyone, please show respect while discussing!

Last edited by redbox; November 23rd, 2003 at 00:41.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:26
Legend

Teams: AFC Ajax Amsterdam
This is funny. In my time at XT I have never ever encountered a Latvian Fan. But now, Latvia has it's finest hour and XT is flooded by Latvians who came out of their holes, some of em who have the nerves to be slagging off other countries for no reason.

Get back under your stone mate

Mens Sana In Corpore Sano

"Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:29
Rookie

Latvia_Rocks!
Beidz spamot un nolaidies uz zemes. Turkiem jau tâ nav patîkami zaudçt pçc ranga klasi zemâkai komandai.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:32
Star Player

Teams: Galatasaray SK & Türkiye
wrong

27.11.03 what a night
Lens 1 : 3 Gaziantepspor
Sporting Lisbon 0 : 3 Gençlerbirligi
Olympiakos 57 - 69 Efes Pilsen

26.02.04 another great night
Gaziantepspor 1 : 0 AS Roma
AC Parma 0 : 1 Gençlerbirligi

Gençler
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:35
Rising Star

This all sounds funny. Guys, why should we compare now teams, Latvia has won, and this thread actually is useless. Overrated - it can be the opinion of Latvian fans, so what? Do you`ve some problems with that? Even if we`re wrong - time will show that we`re wrong. However yest. some mates from NL and England also told me that they think Turkey is too overrated. You can think your own way, we`re just now stupidly finding problems.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Yes, one may find it so that Turkey is overrated or not, but today isn't the right day to discuss it and Latvia_Rocks! hasn't exactly been the most respectful if you read his threads in the Turkish forum.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:39
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Stade Rennais, Latvia.
I don't think that Turkey is overated
but i think it is Latvia which was underestimate
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:41
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Fobal klub
I don't think that Turkey is overated
but i think it is Latvia which was underestimate
I could not say better.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:43
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
Yes, one may find it so that Turkey is overrated or not, but today isn't the right day to discuss it and Latvia_Rocks! hasn't exactly been the most respectful if you read his threads in the Turkish forum.
Unfortunately i didn`t read posts there. Thought they do not want to see Latvian fans there after the game. But now i did a check, and really have to say my condolences too for Turkey nation for that. But you`ve to understand "good" latvians fans too, day like this does not come for us every year. Our celebrations are understanable i guess, just we shouldn`t involve Turkey name in them, it`d be the right one.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Quote:
Originally posted by redbox
Unfortunately i didn`t read posts there. Thought they do not want to see Latvian fans there after the game. But now i did a check, and really have to say my condolences too for Turkey nation for that. But you`ve to understand "good" latvians fans too, day like this does not come for us every year. Our celebrations are understanable i guess, just we shouldn`t involve Turkey name in them, it`d be the right one.
Certainly they're a lot of good Latvian fans , just like all other countries except the Dutch fancy dress orange army and there's no point in putting anyone in the same kettle of fish cos of one poster.

BTW the guy who scored a few times Verpakovskis! how can he have not been bought by a bigger club already?!! guy looks good and I'm surprised that a team like Dynamo Kiev or Lokomotiv haven't signed him!

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Certainly they're a lot of good Latvian fans , just like all other countries except the Dutch fancy dress orange army and there's no point in putting anyone in the same kettle of fish cos of one poster.

BTW the guy who scored a few times Verpakovskis! how can he have not been bought by a bigger club already?!! guy looks good and I'm surprised that a team like Dynamo Kiev or Lokomotiv haven't signed him!
It is caused i think by Latvian football system. Latvian football federation president is millionair Guntis Indriksons, and he also owns best latvians club "Skonto", where Māris Verpakovskis plays. Guntis Indriksons has invested a lot of money into football infrastructure, and now we see the results - only after 5 years, when he started all this. And thanks to him. So - obvious he`s willing to wait when some club will pay "good money" for Māris, in the same way he had sold Marians Pahars to "Southempton" and Stepanovs to "Arsenal" some time ago. Yest. heard him saying that a lot of European grand clubs are showing interest about him, but i do not know how true it is. The first Vulverhempton "Wanderers" club from premier league wanted to buy Māris, but they thought he has to grow up to play there. Now they are biting fingers cause it`s too late to get him Time will see which clubs will buy Māris, but i believe it`ll be some better than "Wanderers"
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 13:59
Rookie

Quote:

I think Verpakovskis have not been bought because there were not many chances until now that scouts from good clubs can see him. He is playing in our championship, and it haven't big publicity outside Latvia.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old November 20th, 2003, 14:37
Doc_Rule

Quote:
Originally posted by Latvia_Rocks!
If someone is jerk and idiot here, its you. You talked about respect for minute ago and still you call me those names?! Now, answer my question mate. Why should I then respect you?
read my post to you in the turkish forum
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 09:09
Rookie

Latest news: Bayern of Munchen are showing interest about Verpakovskis. Their coach really liked how Maris is playng last games for national team!
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 11:48
World Class Player

Teams: Fulham and Romania
What has that got to do with anything?

Play XPS! - Romanian League Prediction!
Join now!

"The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 12:42
Star Player

Teams: Galatasaray SK & Türkiye
Quote:
Originally posted by vasja`
I don`t wanna get drunk, but it seems I will...
I`m watching the game for 4th time now
is your team that unbelievable ??

on TV they showed the reactions of Latvians BEFORE and DURING the match...
Before the match EVERYONE was afraid of Türkiye and DURING the match they completely freaked out !!

well done !!

27.11.03 what a night
Lens 1 : 3 Gaziantepspor
Sporting Lisbon 0 : 3 Gençlerbirligi
Olympiakos 57 - 69 Efes Pilsen

26.02.04 another great night
Gaziantepspor 1 : 0 AS Roma
AC Parma 0 : 1 Gençlerbirligi

Gençler
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 12:54
Legend

Teams: Slovenia, Brazil, Russia, Korea, Vasco da Gama
I also agree that Turkey was overrated after their 3rd place in the World Cup, but Latvia brought them back down to Earth. Well done, my baltic friends.

Caipirinha: 6 €
Brazilian NT shirt: 70 €
Flight to Rio de Janeiro: 400 €
Seeing Italian NT kicked out of major tournament: PRICELESS

Hatelist:
Juvemerdus
Partizan
Associazione Culo Milan
Lazio
Barcelona de mierda
Real de puta Madrid
Manchester Shitnated
Liverfool
Dinamo Kyiv
Panathinaikos
Olympique Marseille
Bayern
New England Shitriots
All NBA and NHL except Red Wings
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 12:57
Star Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, England
I think it is very hard NOT to overrate your own team especially when you acheive 3rd place in a WC!

I definately overrate England but so I should, its my national team!

"If god wanted us to play football in the air then he would have built a pitch in the clouds"

Brian Clough - Legend
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old November 21st, 2003, 12:59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by OAnimal
I also agree that Turkey was overrated after their 3rd place in the World Cup, but Latvia brought them back down to Earth. Well done, my baltic friends.
I don`t think Turkey was overrated because they were playing really great football, ok, maybe I`m saying it because I wanted to see the World Cup final Portugal : Turkey cos` I really like these teams, but now I suppose Turkey team will make a change of generations, good bye Sukur... That`s just my opinion
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in