Xtratime Community banner

The Official Transfer Rumour Thread

811K views 22K replies 328 participants last post by  stefan9 
#1 ·
Official Transfer Rumour Thread

The old one was getting kinda chunky and it wouldn't let me see the last two pages of the thread.

Could I ask a mod to close that one and continue here?

#16,361 ·
They would have to if Inter activate the buyout clause and Strootman agrees terms. It's not like they desperately wanted to sell Pjanic to Juve
Aha.

Buyout clauses are dumb really. At least the one we have for Icardi is quite high and only valid abroad...

Knowing our luck he'll be Rafinha's replacement.

Decent as a squad player, nothing more. The Valero debacle has illustrated how difficult it is for ageing, inconspicuous players from small clubs to arrive on the big stage and leave their comfort zone.
You are referencing 1 example only though. And Ilicic is 3 years younger than Borja so he might have a couple of decent seasons in him.

#16,362 ·
Aha.

Buyout clauses are dumb really. At least the one we have for Icardi is quite high and only valid abroad...

You are referencing 1 example only though. And Ilicic is 3 years younger than Borja so he might have a couple of decent seasons in him.
He's a good player.

I just hope he's not a replacement for Rafinha.

#16,363 ·
Well he's not coming after all

Bummer

Atalanta: ‘Ilicic not for sale’
Football Italia

Atalanta President Antonio Percassi insists Inter target Josip Ilicic “is an unsellable player for us”.

The Slovenian international has been linked with a move to the Beneamata, with some even claiming a medical has already been booked.

“He’s an unsellable player for us,” Percassi told FCInter1908.

“A medical already booked? Pure fantasy.”

The 30-year-old has been in fine form for the Orobici this season, scoring 15 goals and providing 10 assists.

#16,364 ·
A player I like is Malli from Wolfsburg. Every time I watch Wolfsburg he catches my eye. What's your take on him, red?

#16,365 ·
Well he's not coming after all

Bummer

Atalanta: ‘Ilicic not for sale’
Football Italia

Atalanta President Antonio Percassi insists Inter target Josip Ilicic “is an unsellable player for us”.

The Slovenian international has been linked with a move to the Beneamata, with some even claiming a medical has already been booked.

“He’s an unsellable player for us,” Percassi told FCInter1908.

“A medical already booked? Pure fantasy.”

The 30-year-old has been in fine form for the Orobici this season, scoring 15 goals and providing 10 assists.

Who knows. The season is still running, so it's normal enough that the president says this stuff.

Premium Sport was the original source. Not hugely reliable, but I'd be surprised if there's nothing to the story if there is already talk of a medical.

#16,366 ·
A player I like is Malli from Wolfsburg. Every time I watch Wolfsburg he catches my eye. What's your take on him, red?
I watched no BuLi the last 2 years man. Wish I could tell you, but I really don't know.

#16,367 ·
I'm not as heart broken as nera on missing out Ilicic. I still think our prime target should be rafinha, who needs to regain his endurance and physical.

For strootman, I love the player in the past, though I think his injury is behind him, his productivity is much lower than before. In today's market, 45 mil is fair for someone with ample exp both in the league and cl. I wonder if he would come though.

My alternative choice would be torriera, then William carvalho.

#16,369 ·
Really doubt Icardi leaves after we qualified to the CL.

#16,371 ·
Politano wants Inter
Football Italia

Sassuolo winger Matteo Politano would prefer a summer move to Inter, according to reports this morning.

The 24-year-old was close to joining Napoli in January, but the move fell through at the last minute.

The Partenopei are still thought to be interested, as are Milan, but this morning’s Gazzetta Sportiva reports that Inter are in pole position.

Luciano Spalletti is pushing to bring the Italian Under-21 international to San Siro, and Politano has expressed his preference for the Nerazzurri.

However, before any moves can be made the Beneamata need to raise €35-40m by selling players, if they’re to meet their Financial Fair Play obligations.

---

Hopefully true. Dude's good.

4 wide players for next season imo should be him, Perisic, Candreva and Karamoh.

#16,372 ·
Don't think Icardi will leave either.

As long as you give him another pay raise, he'll gladly stay.

Don't think top clubs are too eager to sign him due to his character/history. Can be a PR issue for them. Wanda tries and makes it seem there's more interest in him than there is.
Was the image of Man U affected by what Giggs did to his brother? Or the image of Chelsea with relation to Terry/Wayne Bridge? No and no. Was the image of Sampdoria badly affected because of the Icardi/Maxi thinggy? No.

Personal matters are personal matters. Clubs can't control who bangs whom.

As long as a player performs, that should be what truly matters. Icardi/Maxi Lopez story was years ago, and Icardi is currently a responsible dad who, more importantly as far as football clubs are concerned, scores a lot of goals hence he is a professional who does his job and abides by his contract.

Being a nice guy with a respectable history is a bonus, like Javier Zanetti for instance. There aren't many Javier Zanettis though...

#16,373 ·
The recent (plausible) transfer news:

CDS: Rafinha is going to wait until July for Inter to get its sh*t together

GDS: Politano has decided he wants to join Inter. He's cheaper than Chiesa / Verdi and Sassoulo seem willing to take a player (Pinamonti) in exchange. Although I think this new breed of Italian winger is totally overrated (Bernardeschi etc. etc.). But let's see.

Another winger is needed to shake things up though. The team cannot and must not rely on Candreva and Perisic in any way, shape or form next season. If they do, they will be punished.

#16,374 ·
Are you saying we should sell Perisic/Candreva or sign a player to compete with them while keeping both? I disagree with the former but approve of the latter. 3 wingers for 2 spots is rather light, especially when we will play in CL.

#16,376 ·
Are you saying we should sell Perisic/Candreva or sign a player to compete with them while keeping both? I disagree with the former but approve of the latter. 3 wingers for 2 spots is rather light, especially when we will play in CL.
Sell Candreva, sign 2 wingers.

#16,377 ·
Who would we sign though? Candreva can be useful but Spalletti needs to play him to his strengths, which come from him staying on the wing. This free role gig is not working out for him. It works for Karamoh because of his pace and can work for other players who can get the ball up the field quickly. Candreva clogs up the play when he's in the middle. This is all the more important to address with Martinez coming over. He loves to drive towards goal and make sure the ball gets up quick and needs other players on the same wavelength. Icardi will love this, Perisic will thrive on it and Rafinha is meant for it.

#16,378 ·
Reactions: Firdaus
#16,379 ·
Why do you want players you called overrated yesterday?

Other wide options are Mahrez/Ziyech/young Kuilvert. Though I guess Mahrez will probably end up at City.

#16,380 ·
Why do you want players you called overrated yesterday?

Other wide options are Mahrez/Ziyech/young Kuilvert. Though I guess Mahrez will probably end up at City.
I said the new breed of Italian winger is overrated.

I didn't say I necessarily wanted to sign Politano and Verdi. It was a response to Firdy's question "Who would we sign?" - and the club is actively trying to sign those players.

My first choice would be Bernard.

But regardless of how overrated these new wingers are, I would sooner take a crippled, senile Italian goat herder over the Candreva we saw the last 5 months of the season just gone or Perisic between mid-December and early March. Relying on either one of those as a starter for an entire campaign is suicide, plain and simple.