Xtratime Community - View Single Post - Has Philosophy run its course?
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old March 27th, 2018, 14:26
Andy Christ
1st Tier Poster
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pele10brazil View Post
Ok so this is a very important post. I'd hate it if some peeps might think I'm suggesting people shouldn't study philosophy anymore or that all philosophical works are now useless. Profound reflective moments are something extremely beneficial for the human intellect, but DO NOT mistake "Is philosophical progress dead or dying?" with "You should not philosophise".(because the current view of "the big picture" I described isn't something every or any individual has. Some have more puzzle pieces left than others and only the total of human knowledge at any given point can perfectly describe the current view)

All I'm curious about is if we are reaching the point when philosophy has to pass the torch of enlightenment to science. Or as I put it, the latter's job from now on to pick up those puzzle pieces off the big picture.
we reached that point more than 100 years ago

Big games are easy than the other games, unfortunately. Every times we have the control the games, under the control the games, during the games we had the some possibilities, some big chances, some big okazyons, something like that but what can I do, sometimes? And….it’s the football, that’s the football, something happened. Everything is something happened. - Fatih Terim

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome