Xtratime Community banner

100 reasons why it's worth living being a Milanista!!!!!

100K views 501 replies 100 participants last post by  Dagoods 
#1 ·
:devil::stuckup: :proud: :star:

1) Having goosebumps each time you hear or see the name M I L A N. :stuckup::devil:
2) The most beautiful combination of colours. Red and Black. :devil::cool:
3) Being the most titled team in the world at International level. :stuckup::devil:
4) First Italian team ever to have won the Champions Cup. :devil:
5) First Italian player to have won the prestigious Ballon d'Or in Gianni Rivera. :star::devil:
6) Gianni Rivera. Nuff said. :stuckup:
7) The luminous and genial assists of the Golden Boy to Prati and co.
8) Il Paron Nereo Rocco. :heart: :star: and imaging vividly the speeches of Il Paron starting with "Cio Mona". :angel:
9) Having Nordhal's 35 goals in a season in Serie A still being the record of goals scored in one season by a striker!:cool:
10) Pierino Prati's hat trick in Madrid against Cruyff's Ajax in the 69 Champions Cup final...:star:
11) Wembly. 1963. Cesarone Maldini raising the Champions Cup to the sky. A tradion was born...:devil:
12) Salonico. 1972. William Vecchi single-handedly winning the Cup Winners' Cup for Milan against Leeds. :star:
13) Milan-Bologna. 1979. Stella. :star: Nuff said.:happy:
14) Mark Attila Hately jumping over Carlo Judas Collovatti and offering the derby to Milan after years of sufferings. :devil:
15) Watching Luci a San Siro aka Donadoni enligthening the San Siro with his fumnabulesque runs and dribbles that would make proud Mané Garrincha!!!:star:
16) Watching Kaizer Franz commanding like a general the defence in a beautifully and synchronized manner whihc would have made proud Jules Cesar and Napolean Bonaparte. :star::stuckup:
17) The mesmerizing and orgasmic goals of the Swan of Utrecht. The greatest of all!:heart::star:
18) Watching mesmerized the Divine Swan defy the laws of gravity of Newton in Madrid and score a diving header from the ground. Breathe-taking stuff. :star:
19) Watching Ruud Gullit's run breezing through past the entire Napoli team and offering on a plate the goal of #11 to the Swan. Unforgettable!:proud:
20) Having the best and most faithful fans in the world. 80,000 fans at the San Siro to watch Milan-Cavese in Serie B while Inter with Rummenigge barely was able to pull 40,000 in Serie A. :stress:
21) From Hell to Paradise in less than 5 years!!!:stuckup:
22) Carletto Terminator's missile that almost decapitated Paco Buyo's hand on April 19, 1989. :

23) April 19, 1989: Total extermination Job of Real Madrid that would make Arnold Schwarzenegger's proud. :devil:
24) 90,000 Milanisti exodus in Cataluna to witness the boys over-conquering Coppa Campioni # 3. :stuckup::star:
25) Symphony of Angels recited by the Troupe of Il Diavolo in Barcelona in front of a capacity Camp Nou which left not even the slightest of chances to the opposing orchestra from Roumania. :devil::stuckup: :star::proud:

More to come later...;)

MILAN 4EVER!!!!:stuckup::stuckup: :devil::proud: :heart: :star:

Cheers.;)

See less See more
  • Haha
Reactions: Nerazzurri4life
#52 ·
110) Proud to be a Milanista, cause during the Era of Capello's Invincibili :cool: I was once slapped in the face by a "disillusioned ;) " cugino, "just" for a wink :D That slap, to which I did not react, gives you a picture of just how proud I was, and still am :devil: ;)

P.S. A few weeks later, the cugino, privetely excused himself :cool: saying: "Sorry, at times I feel so frustrated" ;) Naturally, I accepted his apology :stuckup:

#53 ·
111) 50 years. Only 4 captains!!!:dazed::eekani:
50's: Cesarone Maldini. :star:
60-70's: Golden Boy Gianni Rivera. :star:
80's-97: Kaizer Franz. :star:
97 to present: Cuore di Drago :star:

No other club/team in the world can boast anything remotely simiar to that!:stuckup: That's what the AC Milan tradition is all about!!!:stuckup::stuckup: :proud::proud: :devil:

Cheers.;)

P.S. I LOVED # 110...:howler::howler: :thmbup:
Presidente, you didn't slap him back cause he had a cute daughter/sister/friend?:tongue::D

#54 ·
San Siro said:
111) 50 years. Only 4 captains!!!:dazed::eekani:
50's: Cesarone Maldini. :star:
60-70's: Golden Boy Gianni Rivera. :star:
80's-97: Kaizer Franz. :star:
97 to present: Cuore di Drago :star:

No other club/team in the world can boast anything remotely simiar to that!:stuckup: That's what the AC Milan tradition is all about!!!:stuckup::stuckup: :proud::proud: :devil:

Cheers.;)

P.S. I LOVED # 110...:howler::howler: :thmbup:
Presidente, you didn't slap him back cause he had a cute daughter/sister/friend?:tongue::D
When Milan was relegated, was Baresi the captain?
Are you serious only 4 captains, thats out of this planet!!
I will look at Real in the last 10 years
1)Sanchis
2)Hierro
3)Raul
And they have a lot of tradition...

#55 ·
bernmilan1 said:
When Milan was relegated, was Baresi the captain?
Are you serious only 4 captains, thats out of this planet!!
I will look at Real in the last 10 years
1)Sanchis
2)Hierro
3)Raul
And they have a lot of tradition...
It's true bern, being Capitano del Milan is no joke:stuckup:

#56 ·
San Siro said:
111) P.S. I LOVED # 110...:howler::howler: :thmbup:
Never a slap was so welcomed:star: :star: :star:
Try it with mastodonte :jester: :cool: :strong:

#63 ·
San Siro said:
42) Watching Marcello Desailly with his imposing built figure patrolling the midfield. Unpassable wall!!!:stuckup:
)
I remember the day of his debut, it was versus Udinese. One minute after his his first appearence with the Red&Black jersey, in jumping to head a ball, he banged his head with a Udinese player :doh: it looked scary :depress: 10 seconds after the incident Marcel "Iron Man" Desailly was alive&kicking again :strong: :strong: :strong: The poor Udinese player was out for nearly 5 minutes. After Frankie we knew right then that we had another Warrior :fero: in midfield :cool: Obviously he was not just that :cool: but I always remember that episode.

115) We built San Siro :cool: Inter came in only later, they preferred playing in the Arena in downtown Milano. Hopefully, as Moratti said not long ago, Inter will build their own stadium so San Siro will return to be the way it was intended from the very beginning :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

#64 ·
Diavolo said:
I remember the day of his debut, it was versus Udinese. One minute after his his first appearence with the Red&Black jersey, in jumping to head a ball, he banged his head with a Udinese player :doh: it looked scary :depress: 10 seconds after the incident Marcel "Iron Man" Desailly was alive&kicking again :strong: :strong: :strong: The poor Udinese player was out for nearly 5 minutes. After Frankie we knew right then that we had another Warrior :fero: in midfield :cool: Obviously he was not just that :cool: but I always remember that episode.

115) We built San Siro :cool: Inter came in only later, they preferred playing in the Arena in downtown Milano. Hopefully, as Moratti said not long ago, Inter will build their own stadium so San Siro will return to be the way it was intended from the very beginning :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:
:thmbup: about Marcello. He was truly something back then!:dazed: A;ways been a great professional and an exemple for all the youngsters aspring to greatness...:proud::thmbup:

Btw, when did :jester: HE :jester: say that Inter would build their own stadium? He truly deserves a stadium in his honor!!!!:stucukp: :jester:

Cheers.;)

#66 ·
Thotobald said:
116: You get to wear red and black :neutral:
Yes indeed Thotbald, we almost forgot to add the beauty of the combination of our social colours:thmbup: :star: :cool:

Il Milan deve i suoi natali al misterioso Alfred Edwards, ingegnere e imprenditore che ha costruito la sua fortuna lavorando per la Pirelli. La prima star della squadra è stata Herbert Kilpin, un ventiseienne che giocava nella serie B inglese prima di trasferirsi a Genova e Torino negli anni '90 (del secolo scorso, beninteso). Ha scelto lui, alla Fiaschetteria Toscana, i colori rosso e nero: rosso per il diavolo, nero per far paura. :devil: :devil: :devil:

A.C. Milan ows it's birth to a Alfred Edwards, engineer and entreprenour that built his weath working for Pirelli. The first star of the team was 26 years old Herbert Kilpin that played in England's Second Division before playing in Genova and Torino in the 1890's. He was the person that chose, at La Fiaschetteria Toscana, the colours red and black. Red for the Devil, Black to bring fear :devil:

Yes indeed, a wonderful combination :star:

#68 ·
I don't know if that was mentioned before or not, but it surely does deserve a spot in this thread:

Thanks Presidente for the beautiful pic, reminiscing og an unforgettable joyfull moment!!!:happy::jester:

Btw, got any pics of him celebrating during the 5-0 derby of Coppa Italia where he scored hat trick days after joining us from...Inter...:googly::howler: And u got any pics of more famous and legendary celebrations? Like the Tennis game or Manchester or the Euro Derby?:jester::D :devil:

Cheers.;)

#69 ·
San Siro said:
I don't know if that was mentioned before or not, but it surely does deserve a spot in this thread:

Thanks Presidente for the beautiful pic, reminiscing og an unforgettable joyfull moment!!!:happy::jester:

Btw, got any pics of him celebrating during the 5-0 derby of Coppa Italia where he scored hat trick days after joining us from...Inter...:googly::howler: And u got any pics of more famous and legendary celebrations? Like the Tennis game or Manchester or the Euro Derby?:jester::D :devil:

Cheers.;)
You are indeed a spoilt little Devil aren't you ;) :jester: :star: :devil:

P.S. I'll see if I can find others :stuckup:

#70 ·
Thank you!:)
At home I have a beautiful pic of that another historically unforgettable moment, the moment when Attila rises to the sky and jumps over the head of Giuda Collovati to score the winner in that memorable derby, marking the return of the Il Diavolo at the limelight and the end of the negative moments...I'll try to scan it and post it in the next few days as it's truly worth it!!!:devil::stuckup: :star:

Cheers.;)

#71 ·
San Siro said:
87) Standing on top of the table at the bar and shooting to the room full of Gobbi and Perdenti: SIAMO NOI, SIAMO NOI, SIAMO NOI, I CAMPIONI DEL'EUROPA SIAMO NOI!!!!!:devil:
)
Rather similar to my experience Payman :cool: but for the fact that I was seated in the Gobbi section of The Theater of Football :devil: and unlike my usual behavior, I was singing the exact same song :devil: :devil: :devil: The unfaithful around me were looking at me with hatred in their eyes ;) It made me feel only better :D :devil: :cool:

What a night :cool:

#72 ·
Nice pics Presidente!!!!:thmbup::devil:

Here's a MUST for every Milanista, the comments of the mythical, legendary Tiziano Crudelli during last season's Derby di ritorno (3-2 for us). It makes me RTFL each time I watch it! :howler: It's simply magic!!!:proud::thmbup:

:howler:
mms://a1149.v9811.c9811a.e.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1149/9811/7d436d10/soccerit.download.akamai.com/9811/AcMilan/file_stream/6896_str200.asf

FORZA MAGICO TIZIANO!!!:thmbup::star: :proud::proud:

Cheers.;)

#73 ·
#74 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.