UPL 2014/2015 - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 360 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2014, 17:51 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
UPL 2014/2015

Season to start july 26.

supercup in lviv or kyiv july 22.

The federation and the clubs want to keep the 16 clubs format but it can end with a 14 club league,14 clubs have already been confirmed.

they are looking now for the 15 and 16 club,Sevastopol,Desna and Zvezda are the options.Final decision on june 23.

Crimea clubs might all die.....sevastopol can move to another ukr citie but situation is not clear.

Antonov move to Aktobe,big lost for odessa....

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion

Last edited by kleber; June 12th, 2014 at 17:57.
kleber is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 360 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2014, 15:51
Rising Star
 
Diogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2012
Location: London, England
Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine, Barcelona
Posts: 644
Antonov's departure is a loss for the league as well, considering that he was one of the top scorers in the last two seasons. Clearly, even the Ukrainian players are looking to escape the country, even to go to Kazakhstan.

It's a shame to see that Giuliano's signed for Gremio from Dnipro. A good skillful player I always enjoyed watching who gave Dnipro something different, that extra Brazilian talent and skill with goals and assists.
Diogo is offline  
post #3 of 360 (permalink) Old June 13th, 2014, 18:37 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
Antonov's departure is a loss for the league as well, considering that he was one of the top scorers in the last two seasons. Clearly, even the Ukrainian players are looking to escape the country, even to go to Kazakhstan.

It's a shame to see that Giuliano's signed for Gremio from Dnipro. A good skillful player I always enjoyed watching who gave Dnipro something different, that extra Brazilian talent and skill with goals and assists.
giuliano end his contract summer 2015.

his wife had a baby in december so it is was not only a politic question.

6 millions dnipro still got some money.

let's see what club from the top can lost less players.

i don't see anyone come to ukraine now,at least decent players.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
 
post #4 of 360 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2014, 19:03 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Dnipro can play in the champions league.

Uefa didn't punish the club because of the Boateng case.

http://www.dynamomania.com/news/2530...ige-chempionov

some good news for ukr football.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #5 of 360 (permalink) Old June 27th, 2014, 14:18 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Sevastopol close doors.

ukrainian league will have 14 teams.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #6 of 360 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2014, 18:59 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Danilov left zorya,loan to kuban.....

big lost to zorya and you expect Boli to leave also.

of course zorya will not play in luhansk but the foreign's don't want to stay in ukraine.

let's see if zorya can pass at least one round in europa league.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #7 of 360 (permalink) Old July 2nd, 2014, 20:46
Forum Manager
Legend
 
FootyFan365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Indy
Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
Antonov's departure is a loss for the league as well, considering that he was one of the top scorers in the last two seasons. Clearly, even the Ukrainian players are looking to escape the country, even to go to Kazakhstan.

It's a shame to see that Giuliano's signed for Gremio from Dnipro. A good skillful player I always enjoyed watching who gave Dnipro something different, that extra Brazilian talent and skill with goals and assists.
Wow he went to Kazakhstan wtf?!?! Did he get paid so much more to do that? He's a fringe NT player if Seleznyov gets injured...what an idiot.

Yea Juliano was really great for us, really great signing. Most expensive signing for the club and he delivered for the most part.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
giuliano end his contract summer 2015.

his wife had a baby in december so it is was not only a politic question.

6 millions dnipro still got some money.

let's see what club from the top can lost less players.

i don't see anyone come to ukraine now,at least decent players.
We paid 10M for him so not that bad, used his services for 3 years and only spent 4M that's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
Dnipro can play in the champions league.

Uefa didn't punish the club because of the Boateng case.

http://www.dynamomania.com/news/2530...ige-chempionov

some good news for ukr football.
I don't even understand what Dnipro did wrong in the Boateng case he's the one who didn't live up to his contract and skipped training etc. I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
Danilov left zorya,loan to kuban.....

big lost to zorya and you expect Boli to leave also.

of course zorya will not play in luhansk but the foreign's don't want to stay in ukraine.

let's see if zorya can pass at least one round in europa league.
Is Xomchenovsky going to stay at Zorya?

Really big shame about Sevastopol, a really interesting team on the rise the past 3 seasons. Ukraine knows nothing but pain and suffering...
FootyFan365 is offline  
post #8 of 360 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2014, 10:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
isn't komchenovsky already a starter in zorya?

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #9 of 360 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2014, 10:21 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
looks like there is only 24 clubs for the second and third division....

:eekani:

so ukraine have only 38 prof clubs at the moment.

official,premier league with 14 clubs next season.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #10 of 360 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2014, 20:24
Forum Manager
Legend
 
FootyFan365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Indy
Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
looks like there is only 24 clubs for the second and third division....

:eekani:

so ukraine have only 38 prof clubs at the moment.

official,premier league with 14 clubs next season.
Would it not be better to cut it to 12 and play some kind of playoff or something?
FootyFan365 is offline  
post #11 of 360 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2014, 20:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
Would it not be better to cut it to 12 and play some kind of playoff or something?
likely.

but a country like ukraine should have 18 clubs in the top division.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #12 of 360 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2014, 02:51
Rising Star
 
Ufootbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2013
Location: Toronto, Ukrainian and Canadian
Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine NT, Toronto FC
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
likely.

but a country like ukraine should have 18 clubs in the top division.
Ukraine is a long way away from having a 18 club top division, too much economic disparity. Unless the country stabilizes politically and economically, with some new money investment, I think we should stick to the 12-15 club range, to avoid another mess like in the last season.
Ufootbal is offline  
post #13 of 360 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2014, 16:47 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
The Ukrainian Premier League clubs have approved the league format for the upcoming season. It will feature 14 teams. The tournament will take place in two stages.

Stage 1. 14 teams play 2 rounds. Thus, there will be only 26 matchdays at this phase.

Stage 2. According to positions in the standings, teams will be divided into 3 groups:

- Group 1 - 1st to 4th place;
- Group 2 - from 5th to 8th place;
- Group 3 - from 9th to 14th place.

In groups 1 and 2 matches will be played based on a round robin system. There will be two rounds – 6 matchdays. Teams from Group 3 will play one round.

In total, teams from Group 1 and Group 2 will have 32 matchdays. Teams from Group 3 - 31. Total amount of matches - 214.

The Ukrainian league will kick off on 26 July this year and end on June 7, 2015.


so a second phase with a group with shakhtar,dynamo,dnipro and metalist to decide the upl title starting in may 2015?

will the points in first phase count or not?

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #14 of 360 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2014, 17:29
Rising Star
 
Ufootbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2013
Location: Toronto, Ukrainian and Canadian
Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine NT, Toronto FC
Posts: 300
I like it, maybe a new format will work. Of course there are 2 questions, do points carry over from stage 1 to 2, and how many teams to get relegated?
Ufootbal is offline  
post #15 of 360 (permalink) Old July 11th, 2014, 18:35 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufootbal View Post
I like it, maybe a new format will work. Of course there are 2 questions, do points carry over from stage 1 to 2, and how many teams to get relegated?
i don't know....

btw uefa change the eurocups format for 2015-2018 period,position 7 to 9 in the country ranking will only have 5 clubs in europe so the fifth place in the league might not give a eurocup place....so the group 2 from 5th to 8th place might be completely useless.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #16 of 360 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2014, 11:22
Rising Star
 
Diogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2012
Location: London, England
Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine, Barcelona
Posts: 644
The new format makes sense I think. Surely the points have to be transferred over from the previous stage? 14 clubs is the best option with all the economic disparity as Ufootbal said.

2 teams relegated I guess, assuming relegation exists this season, which it may or may not of course.
Diogo is offline  
post #17 of 360 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2014, 19:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
The new format makes sense I think. Surely the points have to be transferred over from the previous stage? 14 clubs is the best option with all the economic disparity as Ufootbal said.

2 teams relegated I guess, assuming relegation exists this season, which it may or may not of course.
ukraine federation didn't approve the format,lol....

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #18 of 360 (permalink) Old July 15th, 2014, 19:38 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
great article.

http://www.championat.com/football/a...a-ukrainy.html

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #19 of 360 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2014, 21:47
Forum Manager
Legend
 
FootyFan365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Indy
Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
ukraine federation didn't approve the format,lol....
You've got to be f'n kidding me Sounded like a pretty cool idea, would be very competitive for the top teams. Maybe Lucescu would quit complaining about there only being an amazing atmosphere in UPL for like 5 games a season

They did this in Turkey a few years ago. I went to Fener v. Gala derby in March 2012, Gala tied away and were comfortably ahead by like 10 pts heading into the final phase, but somehow Fener had a chance to win the title from Gala at home on the final match of the season, but could only tie when they needed a win

UPL teams would be better suited for Europe and pressure packed games with this format I think.
FootyFan365 is offline  
post #20 of 360 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2014, 09:39 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
You've got to be f'n kidding me Sounded like a pretty cool idea, would be very competitive for the top teams. Maybe Lucescu would quit complaining about there only being an amazing atmosphere in UPL for like 5 games a season

They did this in Turkey a few years ago. I went to Fener v. Gala derby in March 2012, Gala tied away and were comfortably ahead by like 10 pts heading into the final phase, but somehow Fener had a chance to win the title from Gala at home on the final match of the season, but could only tie when they needed a win

UPL teams would be better suited for Europe and pressure packed games with this format I think.
i don't agree,this shakhtar format will only help the big four especialy shakhtar.

the other 12 clubs will play for nothing in that useless group phase,5 to 8 and 9-14....5 th place doesn't give european qual with Uefa european comp format and no one will get relegated.

next year Upl will have again 16 clubs.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome