Eurocups 10/11 - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 328 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2010, 18:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Eurocups 10/11

Reykjavik-Karpaty 0-3
return leg next week.

Karpaty should meet zestafoni next round

Dnipro will play either differdange or spartak voda.
Dinamo-Gent.

I believe all uke's clubs can win all games.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 328 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2010, 19:37
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Posts: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
Reykjavik-Karpaty 0-3
return leg next week.

Karpaty should meet zestafoni next round

Dnipro will play either differdange or spartak voda.
Dinamo-Gent.

I believe all uke's clubs can win all games.
I agree, they should rack up those coef. points while they can. 6 teams will be tough, i'd be happy if we can total 5.000 points this year.

In the mean time.
89 best goals of the year (no replays only 10 min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLqtn...layer_embedded
No ukr ofcourse. But DK is there, Ghioane, and man from one of my fav ukr teams ever metalist 08, gancarzhuk is there. Wtf is that guy doing in poland, he is way too good for that crap!
fayban2 is offline  
post #3 of 328 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2010, 21:26
Rookie
 
Siverian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Kyiv
Teams: Desna Chernihiv
Posts: 65
Hello Xtratimers!

It's my first post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayban2 View Post
I agree, they should rack up those coef. points while they can. 6 teams will be tough, i'd be happy if we can total 5.000 points this year.
I think you are a bit pessimistic. Don't forget that we have 3 seeded teams in the EL playoffs + Shakhtar will get to a CL group directly. So we could expect 4 ukrainian teams in the group stages. This means that 6.000 - 7.000 points will be just normal result, but I hope for more. Anyway, the 4th EL qualifying round will be critical for us (as usually).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayban2 View Post
In the mean time.
89 best goals of the year (no replays only 10 min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLqtn...layer_embedded
No ukr ofcourse. But DK is there, Ghioane, and man from one of my fav ukr teams ever metalist 08, gancarzhuk is there. Wtf is that guy doing in poland, he is way too good for that crap!
Seweryn Gancarczyk? His surname is unpronounceable for me too . As I know, Metalist did't just extend the contract with him and the club had its reason for that. If you want I can find more information.

Vpered, Desno!
Siverian is offline  
 
post #4 of 328 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2010, 21:34
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Posts: 1,542
Welcome.

Lets hope this season we will have more active new users then last.

If you got some info on Gancharzhuk (i spell how i pronounce it) do post, i was always curious why the hell he went back. For some reason i thought that was his decision. He can surely find a better club then Lech to play for even if Metalist did turn him down.
fayban2 is offline  
post #5 of 328 (permalink) Old July 16th, 2010, 22:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Welcome Siverian....

Cool that you are from kyiv!

Desna Chernihiv?why?

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #6 of 328 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2010, 00:07
Premier Player
 
shevagol's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2007
Location: USA
Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, CSKA Moskva, Ukraine, Russia, USA
Posts: 1,197
Great draw for Dynamo and all Ukrainian clubs.
shevagol is offline  
post #7 of 328 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2010, 00:41
Rookie
 
Siverian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Kyiv
Teams: Desna Chernihiv
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber View Post
Welcome Siverian....

Cool that you are from kyiv!

Desna Chernihiv?why?

Thank you

I was born and grown up in Chernihiv and I still support my native team. Despite FC Desna has a hard time now and has been relegated into the 2nd league, Iím still supporting it. You can figure out my Chernihivís descent from my nickname :rollani:.
Also I have no favourite team in the Ukrainian high division: my sympathy changes from one to another. One day I support Dnipro, another one support Metalist . However, I wish ukrainian clubs well in the eurocups.

Vpered, Desno!
Siverian is offline  
post #8 of 328 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2010, 01:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend
 
kleber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Faro,Portugal
Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Posts: 44,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siverian View Post
Thank you

I was born and grown up in Chernihiv and I still support my native team. Despite FC Desna has a hard time now and has been relegated into the 2nd league, Iím still supporting it. You can figure out my Chernihivís descent from my nickname :rollani:.
Also I have no favourite team in the Ukrainian high division: my sympathy changes from one to another. One day I support Dnipro, another one support Metalist . However, I wish ukrainian clubs well in the eurocups.
Cool!,hopefuly metalist and dnipro can fight for the title in the future.

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
kleber is offline  
post #9 of 328 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2010, 01:17
Rookie
 
Siverian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Kyiv
Teams: Desna Chernihiv
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayban2 View Post
Welcome.

Lets hope this season we will have more active new users then last.

If you got some info on Gancharzhuk (i spell how i pronounce it) do post, i was always curious why the hell he went back. For some reason i thought that was his decision. He can surely find a better club then Lech to play for even if Metalist did turn him down.
Thank you
You pronounce it wrong (but I was wrong too). Really, His surname is Gantsarchik (Cyrillic Ганцарчик) . Yes, It's very hard for east slavs
I was sad when he had left Metalist. He was truly the best LB of the league when he played with 100% attitude. Unfortunately, Sewerin often played not seriously in some matches. He likes to attack but does not come back in the defense at his position, so Markevich, having substitute, said goodbye to him.
In any case, Sewerin is the winner of the polish Ekstraklasa with Lech and playing in CL qualification now. Maybe it was better for him.
The last Severin’s interview I’ve read [russian]:
http://football.sport.ua/news/94699

Vpered, Desno!

Last edited by Siverian; July 17th, 2010 at 01:22.
Siverian is offline  
post #10 of 328 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2010, 07:10
Premier Player
 
Rebrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, UNT, Valencia
Posts: 2,453
Welcome Siverian!

Uke teams should clean up these rounds...Karpaty's opposition was a joke, but sadly they did create one or two really good chances :rollani: Lets hope they get the job done back in Lviv.

We definately need both Dnipro and Metalist in the Group Stages this year.The 08-09 season when Uke teams dominated coefficient points, they were our only letdown.
Rebrov is offline  
post #11 of 328 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2010, 11:57
Rookie
 
Siverian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Kyiv
Teams: Desna Chernihiv
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebrov View Post
Welcome Siverian!

Uke teams should clean up these rounds...Karpaty's opposition was a joke, but sadly they did create one or two really good chances :rollani: Lets hope they get the job done back in Lviv.
Thank you

I fully agree with you. Even the hopeless last team of the belarusian league Torpedo heavily defeated the islanders in the current EL. However, 1:2 would be better I afraid Karpatyís fans wonít pack the stadium at the home match.
By the way, video of the goals:



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebrov View Post
We definately need both Dnipro and Metalist in the Group Stages this year.The 08-09 season when Uke teams dominated coefficient points, they were our only letdown.
Letís hope the playoffs draw will be lucky for them (and Karpaty and Tavria too). Probably, Ukraine doesnít deserve the 6th place, but we should keep the position among the top 9.

Vpered, Desno!
Siverian is offline  
post #12 of 328 (permalink) Old July 17th, 2010, 17:50
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Posts: 1,542
Great take by Batista. whoa!

I'm sure Lviv should pack the stadium, Karpaty haven't seen europe in too long for them not too.
fayban2 is offline  
post #13 of 328 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2010, 17:03
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Posts: 1,542
Can't believe they are not showing the home game. Pathetic Ukraine.
fayban2 is offline  
post #14 of 328 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2010, 18:42
Rookie
 
Siverian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Kyiv
Teams: Desna Chernihiv
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayban2 View Post
Can't believe they are not showing the home game. Pathetic Ukraine.
Nobody from TV channels wanted to buy the rights for broadcast after 0:3 Karpaty is playing by the reserve team.

66' 2:2.

Vpered, Desno!
Siverian is offline  
post #15 of 328 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:06
Premier Player
 
Rebrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2005
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, UNT, Valencia
Posts: 2,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siverian View Post
Nobody from TV channels wanted to buy the rights for broadcast after 0:3 Karpaty is playing by the reserve team.

66' 2:2.
Thank goodness they got the win in the end, guess thats all that counts.
Rebrov is offline  
post #16 of 328 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:21
Rookie
 
Siverian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2010
Location: Kyiv
Teams: Desna Chernihiv
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebrov View Post
Thank goodness they got the win in the end, guess thats all that counts.
Don't be so exacting to them. It's perfect that Karpaty won and the main squad rested. Simple promotion to qualification 3 was acceptable for me. Do not forget Karpaty is playing 2 matches per week till autumn (excluding 14 august reserved for NT games) if they have passed Georgians.

It's more important for me the good form of Karpaty in the 4th qualification than fighting for coefs peanuts in the early stages.

EDIT:
Oh, It was the first promotion in Eurocups in the whole history of the club. Congratulation!

Video of the goals:

Vpered, Desno!

Last edited by Siverian; July 23rd, 2010 at 12:42.
Siverian is offline  
post #17 of 328 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2010, 16:04
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Posts: 1,542
Nah, they should be fighting for every point they can get. I dont expect them to last very long anyway, might as well take advantage of the weaker opponents while they can.
fayban2 is offline  
post #18 of 328 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2010, 19:29
Premier Player
 
Join Date: 09 2006
Posts: 1,542
Spartak vs Dnipro wont be shown in ukraine either. Disgraceful.
fayban2 is offline  
post #19 of 328 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2010, 23:25
Forum Manager
Legend
 
FootyFan365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Indy
Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Posts: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayban2 View Post
Spartak vs Dnipro wont be shown in ukraine either. Disgraceful.
Your boy Denisov is slackin' p
FootyFan365 is offline  
post #20 of 328 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2010, 04:11
Forum Manager
Legend
 
FootyFan365's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2008
Location: Indy
Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Posts: 10,425
Dnipro and Karpaty both are capable of winning tomorrow, its all up to them to play to their potential. We all know how Ukraine likes to undervalue themselves though :rollani:
FootyFan365 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome