FSF Guide to Donetsk - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old January 20th, 2009, 17:37 Thread Starter
FSF
Rookie

FSF Guide to Donetsk

Hi there,

The Football Supporters' Federation have produced a guide to Donetsk for the travelling Tottenham Hotspur fans who will be making their way across for their UEFA Cup match in February.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/ground-guide/i...khtar-donetsk/

I'd appreciate if any of you on here could have a quick check of it to see if we've made any glaring errors - we try our best to have up-to-date information on our guides, and even though I've followed my own side (Liverpool) to over a dozen cities in Europe, I've only made it as far as Kiev for our qualifier against Maccabi Haifa the other year, so have never been to Donetsk even though I did have a brief stay in the Ukraine.

Also, if there's anything you think we've left out that deserves inclusion, feel free to mention it. We like our guides to be as complete as possible, and the more information we can get from fans who know the team/city, the better!

If you have any comments, feel free to leave them here, to drop me a message on this site, or to drop me an email at [email protected]

Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old January 25th, 2009, 16:17
Star Player

Teams: Shakhtar Donetsk
Hmmmmmmm

1. The location of RSC Olimpiysky is just the city centre, not somewhere north of the city.
2. Shaxtar have never won USSR league. What you have written about, were two second spots in 70s. :rollani:
3. I have no clue what that Google map intended to show, some village in Central Ukraine hundreds of kilometres away from the city?? p
4. It would be wise to get to know a train from Kyiv to Donetsk or backwards would run at night (for approx. 12-13 hours).
5. Ah, and it's usually pretty much safe with ice in drinks obviously if served at a respectable place.
6. 'As with all EU states, 112 is the number for emergency services.' - BS. Ukraine is not an EU country and it uses its own emergency number plan. Call 101 for firemen, 102 for police and 103 for ambulance.
7. Once again, Shaxtar Stadium is located rather to south-west from the city central area... :smileani: But this is pretty much central district as well.
8. For eating, Shynok has its location at Artema 127; also one would wish to visit Quartier Latin at Artema 92. Oh, everything is located at Artema you see, incl. the stadium itself.
9. Your hotels, right choice: Central Hotel - Artema 87; Donbass Palace - Artema 80. :hopeful: I think Hotel Ukraine (Artema 88) shouldn't be an expensive option: use at your own risk.
10. Trolley-buses and trams are veeery slow. Never jump in but for curiosity.
11. Currency is not exchanged for a small fee, currency is exchanged free of charge. :smileani: And yes, rather leave your AmEx at home. :embarass:
12. see 6, don't dial 112. p
13. By the way, it seems guys there on island don't imagine one should dial 8 for domestic calls, not 0;
one should dial 810 for international line, not 00;
and one can dial local number directly if not otherwise directed by local provider. p
So, +44 20 whatever = 810 44 20 whatever, from any phone in Ukraine. :smileani:

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA

Last edited by Kostja; January 26th, 2009 at 22:20.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old January 26th, 2009, 10:44 Thread Starter
FSF
Rookie

Thanks for the tips, Kostja; most helpful

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in