Euro 2012 Preparation: Ukraine - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 121 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2008, 21:41 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Ukraine NT-- FC Dnipro
Euro 2012 Preparation: Ukraine

Since UEFA has been getting on our back about making quicker progress I decided it was time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 121 (permalink) Old April 15th, 2008, 21:43 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Ukraine picks Taiwanese firm for Euro 2012 stadium

Ukrainian organisers chose a Taiwanese firm on Tuesday to renovate the main stadium to be used in the 2012 European soccer championship following calls from UEFA to speed up tournament preparations.

Ukraine and Poland were chosen to host the tournament last year but were warned by UEFA president Michel Platini in January not to slip behind in modernising stadiums and infrastructure.

Archasia Design Group won the competition to begin work on on Kiev’s Olympic stadium, due to host the tournament final.

“At last all the preliminary work is over and the jury has decided on the best option,” Sports Minister Yuri Pavlenko said.

Few details were released but officials said costs would be within the government’s target of $300 million.

“The project will meet all vital requirements of UEFA for holding Euro 2012—and this applies to the fans, the VIPS and media,” Evhen Chervonenko, head of the state agency overseeing preparations, told a news conference.

He said dismantling work on the 84,000 capacity stadium, first erected in the 1920s, was to begin on Wednesday.

An Archasia official also confirmed to Reuters in Taipei that the company had been chosen for the project.

“There are five days for other companies to appeal, but we don’t think it will be a problem for us,” Stan Lo told Reuters.

Archasia defeated 19 companies from Ukraine, Austria, Germany and Britain with 21 of 24 members of a tender commission voting for the Taiwanese firm, the sports ministry added.

The firm will also build the Olympic park at Sochi, Russia’s Black Sea resort which will host the 2014 Winter Games.

Can't wait to see what the design looks like. Better be special
post #3 of 121 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2008, 01:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Is UEFA going to let Dnipropetrovsk host a Euro 2012 games in a stadium that has so many partially blocked views of the field??? Look at those dumb pillars sticking out from every isle!!!!!! This is fukin embarassing, it's 2008 and they built a stadium with more partially blocked views than Fenway Park :embarass: What kind of peanut butter and jelly bull shit is going on here, you feel me??
Attached Images

post #4 of 121 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2008, 21:10 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

other then ruining the view for about 100 people paying $2,000 to see a Euro Cup game, the stadium looks nice and cozy

They are preparing to grow the grass which will take up to 2-3 months. Hopefully everything will be ready for the Aug. 20 friendly with Poland scheduled to be the grand opening of Dnipropetrvosk's new arena

post #5 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 01:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Cool pics of the new Shakhtar Arena

post #6 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 03:30
Star Player

Wow, that looks like it's going to be amazing.

Thanks for the pics.
post #7 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 04:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porto&Guti View Post
Wow, that looks like it's going to be amazing.

Thanks for the pics.
Yea Shakhtar sure are building a gem. What do you think of Dnipro's and the beams that will be partially blocking the view of at least 100 spectators? p
post #8 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 06:18
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootyFan365 View Post
Yea Shakhtar sure are building a gem. What do you think of Dnipro's and the beams that will be partially blocking the view of at least 100 spectators? p
That's hilarious about the beams. Reminds me of Fenway Park in Boston.

But otherwise, it really looks like a nice stadium to me. Hopefully Dnipro will still have some $ left after building this stadium, though.
post #9 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 09:58
Premier Player

Teams: PSG
in Ukraine will be better stadiums than in Poland in my country they building something like piece on sh**
post #10 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 19:28 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
That's hilarious about the beams. Reminds me of Fenway Park in Boston.

But otherwise, it really looks like a nice stadium to me. Hopefully Dnipro will still have some $ left after building this stadium, though.
what a bunch of idiots. It's probably to keep the cost of construction down cause they know we won't fill the stadium anyway, except for 3 Euro '12 games and games against Shakhtar, Dynamo and Metalist. At least Fenway's are big cool looking beams, are's look like they just tried to sneak them in without anyone noticing
post #11 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 19:30 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziaro View Post
in Ukraine will be better stadiums than in Poland in my country they building something like piece on sh**
Really? From the designs I thought a few of them looked cool. The one on the Baltic Sea especially looked nice from what I remember. Have they started construction yet?
post #12 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 20:30
Star Player

Quote:
what a bunch of idiots. It's probably to keep the cost of construction down cause they know we won't fill the stadium anyway, except for 3 Euro '12 games and games against Shakhtar, Dynamo and Metalist. At least Fenway's are big cool looking beams, are's look like they just tried to sneak them in without anyone noticing

Are the beams there for structural support for the stadium, or are they just there for design?

If it is the latter, than that was really poor planning by Dnipro.
post #13 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 20:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Are the beams there for structural support for the stadium, or are they just there for design?

If it is the latter, than that was really poor planning by Dnipro.
....... come on man, design? I doubt they're that retarded, just cheap p structural support I'm assuming
post #14 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 20:55
Star Player

Quote:
....... come on man, design? I doubt they're that retarded, just cheap p structural support I'm assuming

Hey, I don't know. :embarass:

I can tell you this, though: sitting behind those beams for 90 minutes would drive me absolutely insane.
post #15 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 21:01 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
Hey, I don't know. :embarass:

I can tell you this, though: sitting behind those beams for 90 minutes would drive me absolutely insane.
p

Can you imagine sitting right behind one of those trees at Euro 2012 Pay a ridiculous amount of money to watch France vs. Spain and come across this filth. You can get a good obliques workout moving side to side to see around the pole :rollani:
post #16 of 121 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2008, 21:08
Star Player

Quote:
p

Can you imagine sitting right behind one of those trees at Euro 2012 Pay a ridiculous amount of money to watch France vs. Spain and come across this filth. You can get a good obliques workout moving side to side to see around the pole :rollani:

Are you going to try to make it to that stadium some day Footy?
post #17 of 121 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2008, 00:54 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:

Are you going to try to make it to that stadium some day Footy?
Oh yea, I still have family in Dnipropetrovsk, so it's nice I've got a place to stay and save a bit of money.

P&G, Dnipropetrovsk is a really cool city, it's very beautiful and I'd definitely like to take part in the Euro festivities of my hometown. But I really want to go to Lviv too, I've never been there and I've heard good things. I tried to get my girlfriend to take me this summer but she wasn't having it

What about you? That could be a good chance for you to go out East, catch a big game and go on to see Ukraine and Russia in 1 trip. Hit up Kiev, Moscow, and St. Pete. Who knows, maybe me and Dmitriy will show you around

Last edited by FootyFan365; May 21st, 2008 at 01:04.
post #18 of 121 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2008, 01:29
Star Player

Quote:
Oh yea, I still have family in Dnipropetrovsk, so it's nice I've got a place to stay and save a bit of money.

P&G, Dnipropetrovsk is a really cool city, it's very beautiful and I'd definitely like to take part in the Euro festivities of my hometown. But I really want to go to Lviv too, I've never been there and I've heard good things. I tried to get my girlfriend to take me this summer but she wasn't having it
At least you tried.

Quote:
What about you? That could be a good chance for you to go out East, catch a big game and go on to see Ukraine and Russia in 1 trip. Hit up Kiev, Moscow, and St. Pete. Who knows, maybe me and Dmitriy will show you around

That would be a dream come true. But would you and Dima be too wild for me?
post #19 of 121 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2008, 02:02 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Legend

Quote:
That would be a dream come true. But would you and Dima be too wild for me?
I'd pull you 1 way to some mega nightclub, Dima would pull you another way to a strip club
post #20 of 121 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2008, 02:58
Star Player

Quote:
I'd pull you 1 way to some mega nightclub, Dima would pull you another way to a strip club

And I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in