CL 2nd Round: Shakhtar vs. Pyunik - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 11:33 Thread Starter
Star Player

Teams: Shakhtar Donetsk
CL 2nd Round: Shakhtar vs. Pyunik

Shakhtar is drawn against Derry City/Pyunik winner. :smileani:

Roman, where is the Derry City and how are they rated against Pyunik??

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 12:16
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Derry City? :thmbdown:
It should've been Dublin's Shelbourne to play CL football, not them...
They finished second last year, but i wouldnt even consider putting them in the Irish top5 clubs. They had a good season or two, and got really lucky last year when the champions Shels found themselves in crisis and were relegated to the lower division. So Derry were given the CL spot...
Although, Pyunik is quite poor themselves, i dont see how they cant get passed the Irish.
Edit: As for Derry City, the city, it is technically a Northern Irish city/club, not Republic, located in the far north of the island about 250km from Dublin...

Last edited by Roman; June 29th, 2007 at 12:33.
post #3 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 15:07
Unnamed

If its northern Irish, howcome its playing for Ireland? Or do they have one league?

post #4 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 16:30
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
If its northern Irish, howcome its playing for Ireland? Or do they have one league?
They withdrew from the Northern Irish league about 30 years ago because of the political unrest in the country at the time...
post #5 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 18:30
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Derry City? :thmbdown:
It should've been Dublin's Shelbourne to play CL football, not them...
They finished second last year, but i wouldnt even consider putting them in the Irish top5 clubs. They had a good season or two, and got really lucky last year when the champions Shels found themselves in crisis and were relegated to the lower division. So Derry were given the CL spot...
Although, Pyunik is quite poor themselves, i dont see how they cant get passed the Irish.
Edit: As for Derry City, the city, it is technically a Northern Irish city/club, not Republic, located in the far north of the island about 250km from Dublin...
R u going to make a trip if Shaxtar is playing them?
post #6 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:04
World Class Player

Very much doubt it... 250 km, at least 2-3 hours of travel, on a tuesday/wednesday evening...

But its not like they gonna get past Pyunik anyway...
post #7 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:11
World Class Player

Quote:
Very much doubt it... 250 km, at least 2-3 hours of travel, on a tuesday/wednesday evening...

But its not like they gonna get past Pyunik anyway...
Really? Are they so bad that some "Pyani" Armenians can beat them?

Yeah, and it's a weekday too... I would not waste may day off for this game either.
post #8 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:27
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
Really? Are they so bad that some "Pyani" Armenians can beat them?

Yeah, and it's a weekday too... I would not waste may day off for this game either.
Well, you dont know what antifootball is until you've seen this league. They play the kind of football English play, but with a lot, and i mean A LOT, less quality. Lob-and-run to put it simply :rollani:

P.S. Is Wednesday your day off?
post #9 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:30
World Class Player

btw, today they lost yet another league game. Thats 4 wins, 6 draws and 6 defaets for them... 5th place from the bottom.
post #10 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:31
World Class Player

Quote:
Well, you dont know what antifootball is until you've seen this league. They play the kind of football English play, but with a lot, and i mean A LOT, less quality. Lob-and-run to put it simply :rollani:

P.S. Is Wednesday your day off?
No, but that's why I would have to use my day-off (we have only limited amount of days-off which are paid).

I don't know. The last Irish club I saw was Shelbourne in '94. Nothin' special indeed but not that bad either - pretty speedy and tenacious. But that was ages ago...
post #11 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:36
Unnamed

Quote:
Kuzmich alert

Last edited by Roman; June 29th, 2007 at 22:44. Reason: merged double posts
post #12 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:42
World Class Player

Quote:
No, but that's why I would have to use my day-off (we have only limited amount of days-off which are paid).

I don't know. The last Irish club I saw was Shelbourne in '94. Nothin' special indeed but not that bad either - pretty speedy and tenacious. But that was ages ago...
They were the best Irish team last season by far... My friend is a Shelbourne fan and he always invited me to go with him to see them play, so i've seen pretty much every of their games. They were quite agressive in front of goal and did get a few good goals after well thought through combinations. I have to admit I enjoyed watching them a lot more than my favorite Bohemians.
IMHO, if it was last years Shelbourne to play Pyunik, I would have had very little doubt they get through. Its a shame what happened to them. Last year champions - few months later got "relegated" and are now struggling to survive in the First Division... :thmbdown:
post #13 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:44
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
Kuzmich alert
Nah, i dont eat seeds... Actually i dont even remember the last time i ate them... They dont have them here, dont sell them, dont have babushki next to every entrance selling them... Although they do have dudki p
post #14 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:47
World Class Player

Quote:
They were the best Irish team last season by far... My friend is a Shelbourne fan and he always invited me to go with him to see them play, so i've seen pretty much every of their games. They were quite agressive in front of goal and did get a few good goals after well thought through combinations. I have to admit I enjoyed watching them a lot more than my favorite Bohemians.
IMHO, if it was last years Shelbourne to play Pyunik, I would have had very little doubt they get through. Its a shame what happened to them. Last year champions - few months later got "relegated" and are now struggling to survive in the First Division... :thmbdown:
Hmm, Ireland appear to be doing well economically. It's no Ukraine by any measurements. No business wants to support the best team?
post #15 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:47
World Class Player

Quote:
Nah, i dont eat seeds... Actually i dont even remember the last time i ate them... They dont have them here, dont sell them, dont have babushki next to every entrance selling them... Although they do have dudki p
p
post #16 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:48
Unnamed

Quote:
Shakhtar might need your support, Roman, those crazy Irishmen might scare the Brazilians :nervous:.
post #17 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Pyunik for the Cl!

Russian women

World volley champio
Vice olympic volley champion
World handball champion
European basket champion
Vice world basket champion
post #18 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:54
World Class Player

Quote:
Hmm, Ireland appear to be doing well economically. It's no Ukraine by any measurements. No business wants to support the best team?
Yeah, they do. One of the fastest growing economies in the last decade (Celtic Tiger). But the problem is not the money, but the interest. People dont pay much attention to the local teams. Dont get me wrong they love football over here, but if you ask 100 Irish people which is your favorite team, pretty much everyone will tell you Celtic or one of the EPL clubs (mostly ManUtd, Liverpool). Stadiums are in very poor conditions, attendaces are below 5k a match... Even irish tv channels show mostly EPL matches rather than the local league
post #19 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:55
Unnamed

What about for the NT? Whats happened to it? Wasn't it really good like 5/6 years ago?
post #20 of 297 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 22:56
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Pyunik for the Cl!
They would still need to get past the 3rd round.
Although seeing as Shakhtar is seeded, they might do what Thun did few years ago p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in