Football Trip 2007 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 22:10 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: CSKA Kyiv, UNT
Football Trip 2007

I don't know if any of you guys will be around in Kyiv at the end of May and through June, I have tonight booked my flights for a month in Ukraine from May 24th until the end of the season (June 24th). This is my regular trip although I postponed last year's to go to Germany.

My list of matches and choices at the moment is looking like this:

Fri 25/05 – UFL: Obolon Kyiv v Energetyk Burshtyn or Dynamo-2 Kyiv v Helios Kharkiv | USL: Inter Boyarka v Nafkom Brovary

Sat 26/05 – UPL: Arsenal Kyiv v Karpaty Lviv | USL: Obolon-2 Kyiv v Yedinst Plisky

Sun 27/05 – Ukrainian Cup Final, Olympic Stadium, Kyiv
Dynamo Kyiv or Metalist Kharkiv v Shakhtar Donetsk or Tavria Simferopol

Fri 01/06 – UFL: CSKA Kyiv v Obolon Kyiv

Sat 02/06 – EURO2008: France v Ukraine (Paris - on TV!)

Sun 03/06 – USL: Knyazha Shaslivoye v Nyva Ternopil or Dynamo-3 Kyiv v Fakel Ivano-Frankivsk

Fri 08/06 – UFL: Dynamo-2 Kyiv v Energetyk Burshtyn

Sat 09/06 – USL: Obolon-2 Kyiv v Dnister Ovidiopol or Nafkom Brovary v Yednist Plisky

Sun 10/06 – UPL: Dynamo Kyiv v Karpaty Lviv

Sat 16/06 – UFL: CSKA Kyiv v Dynamo-2 Kyiv | USL: Knyazha Shaslivoye v Obolon-2 Kyiv or Dynamo-3 Kyiv v Karpaty-2 Lviv

Sun 17/06 – UPL: Arsenal Kyiv v Dynamo Kyiv or Shakhtar Donetsk v Metalurg Zaporizhzhya (Donetsk trip?)

Thu 21/06 – UFL: Obolon Kyiv v Desna Chernihiv

Sat 23/06 – USL: Obolon-2 Kyiv v Dynamo-3 Kyiv or Nafkom Brovary v Dnister Ovidiopol

UFL= First League, USL = Second League

If anyone is around and wants to join me for a few beers and some Ukrainian football, it would be good to hear from you! No excuses this time Kostja!

"You don't play football for the name on the back of your shirt, you play football for the name on the front."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 22:19
Unnamed

That's alot of football, I dream of doing something like that next time I visit Ukraine. Won't be there this summer, but if you plan on going again next June I'll be there; wouldn't mind meeting up and going to some matches with someone else who actually knows football, instead of cousins or uncles who don't understand what offside is.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 22:26 Thread Starter
Rising Star

It looks like a lot but there are a lot of clashes, so I reckon it's only about 12 games - usually I do at least 16.

They don't seem to stagger the leagues on different days anymore which I am sure is better for the players to play on weekends but sad invidividuals like me can't catch as many games!

"You don't play football for the name on the back of your shirt, you play football for the name on the front."

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 22:27
Unnamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarevich
but sad invidividuals like me can't catch as many games!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 22:28
Unnamed

What are the ticket prices like for the lower leagues? What are the fans like; ie, are they supportive of their team, or do they feel disgraced to have a team playing in such a low league?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 22:54 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
What are the ticket prices like for the lower leagues? What are the fans like; ie, are they supportive of their team, or do they feel disgraced to have a team playing in such a low league?
To be honest mate there's usually almost no-one there.

All the games outside the Premier League in the Kyiv oblast area are free. I have only ever paid once in my life for a First League club and that was at Polissya (Zhitomyr - now defunct) a long time ago, a cup tie against Borysfen.

Fans can be quite supportive and I should imagine that some places in the provinces like Chernihiv are pretty good for atmosphere. Sadly in Kyiv it's pretty dead and there aren't usually any "away" supporters - although some teams do bring some, I remember Mikolayev used to have a good following.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 23:37
Rising Star

June, 24-that's the day I'm planning to come to Ukraine
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 23:49
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Nice, 2 Karpaty games LIVE!
Can I come with you? p
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old April 3rd, 2007, 07:24
Star Player

Teams: Shakhtar Donetsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarevich
If anyone is around and wants to join me for a few beers and some Ukrainian football, it would be good to hear from you! No excuses this time Kostja!

Philip... I'm really not going to make apologies this time. :smileani: I remember: 28* ** **, as far as my working hours do not interfere.

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in