Tickets for Euro2008 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 14:39 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: CSKA Kyiv, UNT
Tickets for Euro2008

I have applied for tickets to Euro 2008 to watch Ukraine in a fit of total over-confidence!!!

Unlikely I will make it because a) Ukraine probably won't qualify and b) I will be entering a lottery for tickets which I won't win.

However, the intentions are there! Anyone else planning to apply?

"You don't play football for the name on the back of your shirt, you play football for the name on the front."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 14:51
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarevich
I have applied for tickets to Euro 2008 to watch Ukraine in a fit of total over-confidence!!!

Unlikely I will make it because a) Ukraine probably won't qualify and b) I will be entering a lottery for tickets which I won't win.

However, the intentions are there! Anyone else planning to apply?
Good for you! I planned but I am not sure if I'll be in Europe in '08. 2006 vacations in Europe and WC were extremely exciting but I felt like I had no rest jumping from city to city, country to country. I probably will be skipping my '07 vacations for unrelated reasons. So, WC '10 is in my plans now. p

If the system is the same as for WC, you actually have a decent chance in a lottery - not too many people are applying for Ukraine games right now.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 17:58
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Hmm, how do you actually apply?
Any info, links, please... :undecide:

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 18:12
World Class Player

post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 18:19
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Oh, thanx... Heard of them, but didnt know you could apply so early.
Personally, i think, its a looooong shot for the reasons Tsarevich specified in his post, but good luck anyway.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 18:56
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
I'm seriously doubting to apply for Ukraine tickets as well, I know of course it's unlikely, but if they qualify you're almost assured of tickets and I like to see Ukraine play.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 19:36
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
Good for you! I planned but I am not sure if I'll be in Europe in '08. 2006 vacations in Europe and WC were extremely exciting but I felt like I had no rest jumping from city to city, country to country. I probably will be skipping my '07 vacations for unrelated reasons. So, WC '10 is in my plans now. p

If the system is the same as for WC, you actually have a decent chance in a lottery - not too many people are applying for Ukraine games right now.

Chishin stay away from WC 2010, South Africa is gangland from what Ive heard. Can't believe FIFA is awarding the WC to this country.

R.I.P Ari
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 19:57
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Chishin stay away from WC 2010, South Africa is gangland from what Ive heard. Can't believe FIFA is awarding the WC to this country.
Yeah, I know...p It is still possible that Fifa will give WC to some other country. But if not, I'll take my chances: WC is very contagious - once you to see it live, you want see all of them. There are strong indications of WC '18 being held in the US, btw.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 20:00
Xtratime Elite

Yea hopefully we'll get it in 2018, we need a really strong 11 years promoting the game and then hopefully the WC would catapault football into the mainstream.

R.I.P Ari
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 20:02
World Class Player

Quote:
Yea hopefully we'll get it in 2018, we need a really strong 11 years promoting the game and then hopefully the WC would catapault football into the mainstream.
The only two countries that may prevent US from getting WC in '18 are Mexico & Canada. I can't see Canada being interested or capable. Mexico is a distinct possibiliy but it's alright, I'll go to Mexico.
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 20:05
Xtratime Elite

Mexico already had it twice, this would make it three.

R.I.P Ari
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old March 5th, 2007, 20:08
World Class Player

Quote:
Mexico already had it twice, this would make it three.
Yeah, but the last time was in '86, while US had it in '94. Also, WC '86 was planned to be held in Columbia, and Mexico picked that up on the emergency basis, after Columbia backed out with a couple of years before the tournament. I don't think they gonna count that against Mexico.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2007, 01:12 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Quote:
2018 has already been promised to England according to Blatter, there is no chance that it will be held in Russia.

As the little mole Blatter said himself last week, "England could hold the World Cup with 24 hours notice". And he's right.

"You don't play football for the name on the back of your shirt, you play football for the name on the front."
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old March 6th, 2007, 19:10
Xtratime Elite

I meant America not Russia. And I agree with Blatter on the England quote.

R.I.P Ari
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 17:00
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
I applied for Ukraine... , in general there's a chance of 1/30 but if Ukraine qualifies there's a bigger chance for me, so go Ukraine!
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 17:34
Rising Star

I applied twice for the WC06, didn't win.
I was going to apply for the EURO08, but decided that I will take my chances at buying tickets through Ukrainian Football Federation.
When I was in Kyiv in the spring we went to see Ukraine vs Costa Rica. My father's friend company is building within the stadium grounds. Right where the team comes out of the locker room. So any ways. Talked to his friend who told me that FFU had so many ticket that were not bought out that if I wanted some I could have them. To bad I couldn't use them, my vacation was almost over. But he said that for EURO only talk to him, and the tickets where about 3rd cheaper then through regular channels.

Got to meet Blokhin that day, we were both going up in the private elevator. It was funny, I was already little drunk. We were sitting in the VIP box, with director of Respublikanskiy stadium (if I remember correct Sergiy Sergievych), and me had a few to many drinks. All I could tell Blokih is that my dad named me after him when they won the European CUP in '75. Blokhin smiled and told me to tell my dad thanks
Met Bal', really nice guy. Talked to Tolik Tymoschuk, the only guy who could talk Ukrainian there. Nesmachniy is a really nice guy.
I didn't really like how Rebrov or Sasho presented themselves, they seemed kind of full of themselves.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 17:49
Unnamed

Sounds cool, did you talk to Sasho at all? Did you engage with conversations w/ any of them? Or just the usual 'Hi, how are you... Good game...etc???
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 18:08 Thread Starter
Rising Star

I have met Rebrov and he seemed like a good guy - although it was in England where he is less famous and well-respected so maybe when he is in Ukraine and everyone is licking his ass he is a different guy. I'd like to think that wasn't true though. I also saw him in Koncha-Zaspa just before he re-signed for Dynamo and again he seemed like a good guy although I'm sure people thought I was an English tabloid journalist!!!! Usually when I go to Koncha-Zaspa nobody notices me, if only they knew that I was only there to watch Dynamo-2!

p p

post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 18:38
Star Player

Teams: Shakhtar Donetsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamok
Got to meet Blokhin that day, we were both going up in the private elevator. It was funny, I was already little drunk. We were sitting in the VIP box, with director of Respublikanskiy stadium (if I remember correct Sergiy Sergievych), and me had a few to many drinks. All I could tell Blokih is that my dad named me after him when they won the European CUP in '75. Blokhin smiled and told me to tell my dad thanks
Met Bal', really nice guy. Talked to Tolik Tymoschuk, the only guy who could talk Ukrainian there. Nesmachniy is a really nice guy.
I didn't really like how Rebrov or Sasho presented themselves, they seemed kind of full of themselves.
When I was next to Respublikansky Stadion at business last summer, my driver put my attention to a guy in training suit. :rollani: Dema Mykhailenko, I wonder what he was doing there.

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2007, 18:59
Rising Star

Here are a few pictures, if you click on them they should get bigger:
After the game

My dad with Tolik after the game

With Paramon (Ukraine's #1 fan), weird dude
[/URL]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in