Photos from Ukraine - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 21:20
Unnamed

Photos from Ukraine

I got some of my photos from Ukraine developed, but only the ones on my uncles camera, the ones I took aren't ready yet. They're mostly in Kyiv because I was there for the longest, around 9/10 days I think, but I was in Lviv for a night and Carpathian mountains for two nights...The village of "Xorostkiv", an hour from Ternopil', for the rest 8/9 days... I don't really have any photos of Xorostkiv though, it's just the same as any other Eastern European village really. They have a great football stadium though . Oh yea, and I don't really feel like posting any pics of me, just because I don't really want any random person visiting XT seeing me, you know there's pedephiles on here and stuff . But I know most people on this forum decently, so if you want to see how I look (no, I'm not gay ), then PM me and I'll send some. I'll have more pics in a bit, once my dad brings home a scanner from his work (Karpaty - Metalurh photos, more of Kyiv, and alot more of Lviv....). I realise this is kind of a random thread, but I just amde it so it sticks out more. In a week or so, just put it into the chillout thread.

KYIV, Misto Heroj

Dynamo Kyiv - Chornomorets' Odesa

LVIV, Misto Leva

Carpathian Mountains, they're amazing... We went there with 20 people from the village or so in a few different cars... The mountains are amazing to look at, especially when you climb to the top. Couldn't complain about some of the girls who went with us either.. So basically, I always had a something nice to look at ; At the top of the mountains, or at the bottom in our little camp site

I can't wait untill I go back... I might go this summer, but I'm going the one after again for sure. Basically if I want to pay for the tickets myself, I'm going this summer. But if I want them for free I go the one after.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 21:24
Unnamed

Dammit, one of the Lviv photos won't show up
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 21:29
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Wth, only one photo from Lviv? If you didn't post them because you're in them, PM them to me.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 21:56
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
I got some of my photos from Ukraine developed, but only the ones on my uncles camera, the ones I took aren't ready yet.
This last line killed me...
You do reliese that its been like 6 months now... And its still "not developed yet". Brilliant.

P.S. Thanx for the photos
Catch a PM from me...
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 22:32
Unnamed

The Lviv one that didn't show up..

I have 5/6 additional Lviv ones, and 8/9 from Karpaty vs Metalurh. Some of the Lviv ones are so beautiful though, they're kind of in allyways, where you can see rows and rows of buildings. They're during the day, to. Soon though, really, I'll ask about the scanner tonight.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 22:36
World Class Player

Quote:
The Lviv one that didn't show up..

I have 5/6 additional Lviv ones, and 8/9 from Karpaty vs Metalurh. Some of the Lviv ones are so beautiful though, they're kind of in allyways, where you can see rows and rows of buildings. They're during the day, to. Soon though, really, I'll ask about the scanner tonight.
The building on the right is the ugliest building in the old city. I can't bilieve that allow it to be build in stead of demolished one. It' is an atrocity to the city. :thmbdown:

Yeah, please, more Lviv photos.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 22:48
Unnamed

The thing with Lviv is that you can walk for ages and ages, yet the setting won't feel that different. There's different buildings, yet they're all similar in how old they are and how they look. My favourite place in Lviv was around that big square in the center of the city ; With the Taras Shevchenko monument, and that other religious monument (I cant remember what it was exactly).
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 22:53
World Class Player

Quote:
The thing with Lviv is that you can walk for ages and ages, yet the setting won't feel that different. There's different buildings, yet they're all similar in how old they are and how they look. My favourite place in Lviv was around that big square in the center of the city ; With the Taras Shevchenko monument, and that other religious monument (I cant remember what it was exactly).
The city is getting old. It seemed aged by 50 years even though I didn't see it only for 10. It needs a lot of care which requires money. Otherwise, it will be lost in another 30 years. They should open some account where prople can donate to save this beauty from complete destruction and modern monsters-sarcafags, like one near Mitzkewitz' monument on the photo.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:18
Unnamed

Yea, having too many new buildings in Lviv ruins it. One thing I liked was that mall they have ; Nice on the inside, fits in well on the outside.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:22
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv and Southampton
Kyiv looks really nice. Hope to visit there one day.

Dynamo Kyiv are better than Shakhtar Donnetsk!
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:24
World Class Player

Quote:
Yea, having too many new buildings in Lviv ruins it. One thing I liked was that mall they have ; Nice on the inside, fits in well on the outside.
new buildings do not belong in the old city. If something burns down, you restore it. How stupid you gotta be to think otherwise. Unesco almost took away Lviv's word heritage status over this ugly sarcofag near the monument.
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:24
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotan
Kyiv looks really nice. Hope to visit there one day.
It's nice, has some character, but no more than that.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:27
Banned
World Class Player

Teams: Romania, Dinamo Buc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
It's nice, has some character, but no more than that.

ukraine seems peacefull./
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:28
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiu-
ukraine seems peacefull./
It is for the most part.
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:30
Banned
World Class Player

Teams: Romania, Dinamo Buc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
It is for the most part.

Funny im from romania, north some of my town goes onto the ukrainian boarder, and havent been there.:P
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:36
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv and Southampton
Pretty spectacular picture a friend of mine took at the Airport last Thursday.

Dynamo Kyiv are better than Shakhtar Donnetsk!
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:42
Unnamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudiu-
Funny im from romania, north some of my town goes onto the ukrainian boarder, and havent been there.:P
There's this Romanian girl at my school. In short, oh man, after Ukrainian girls Romanians are the best p

Rotan' - Kyiv is nice, I loved it. I know so much about it, because all I did when I was there was walk around... With family, with a cousin, even alone sometimes. I have like the whole center memorized.

The thing is, some people are kind of stuck up there. I guess its like any big city. The things someone visiting Ukraine must check out are : Krym (Crimea in English I believe), Lviv, Carpathian Mountains, and Kyiv.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:45
Unnamed

In Lviv, at least from what I saw, people were more down to earth and polite.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:47
World Class Player

Quote:
In Lviv, at least from what I saw, people were more down to earth and polite.
it's not about big vs. small. it's about west vs. east.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 23:54
Unnamed

As in Western Ukraine compared to Eastern Ukraine?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in