Originally Posted by Roman
MATCH INFO

Date: October 11, 2006
Time: 19:00 (CET)
Stadium: NSK Olimpiysky (Kyiv)
Referee: Peter Froejdfeldt (Sweden)

Previous meetings:

None
CIS has met Scotland at Euro 92. :rollani: I watched the match live, it was laughable... :thmbdown:

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA
post #3 of 336 (permalink) Old September 28th, 2006, 14:19 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Hmm, how did it end?

post #4 of 336 (permalink) Old September 29th, 2006, 10:59
Star Player

Teams: Shakhtar Donetsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Hmm, how did it end?
0:3. Looked like the Scots managed to pass the centre no more often than thrice that match... :rollani:

CIS badly needed three points because beforehand they only drew both with Germany 1:1 and Netherlands 0:0.

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA
post #5 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 13:20
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Euro-2008 Qualif: Ukraine - Scotland

It's a must win game for us. Anything less than 3 fat points will spell an early disaster on this qualification campaign... Scotts' win over Frenchies put them in the contention, so the game will be very tough, but the victory will put us back in the race.

The biggest factor will be Sheva. Let's hope he'll play. While Voronin played well vs. Italy for about 60 min, he clearly got tired afer that.
post #6 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 15:24
Premier Player

i'm glad you think this is a must win.
post #7 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 18:39
International

Good luck to you guys. This game will be much harder for us after the french result because everyone will now be expecting us to take something back from Kiev, I would have preferred us to stay major underdogs
I really don't know what to think of what's best with sheva being in or out, obviosly he's a fantastic striker, but he is out of form at the moment.
post #8 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 18:46
Premier Player

what the hell is wrong with sheva anyway. how can you have a temperature for over a week? drink some vodka with a hot peper you *****.
post #9 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 19:28
Rising Star

this will be strange in my house as im half ukrainian so my mum will support ukraine and my dad scotland. il be supporting the tartan army but if its a draw i wouldnt be to dissapointed. but aye scotland to win 2-0 brown and oconnor to score
post #10 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 19:34
Rising Star

Teams: CSKA Kyiv, UNT
Ukraine MUST beat Scotland, it's as simple as that. The Scots have rediscovered some fighting spirit at last, for which they are famous, especially at home, but the superior class of the Ukrainian players should shine through.

Not long ago this would have been a fixture Ukraine would have won 4 0r 5-0. Now, due to Walter Smith's "revolution", any kind of win will be a good thing.

"You don't play football for the name on the back of your shirt, you play football for the name on the front."
post #11 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 20:23
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
A must win, otherwise it's game over very early I fear...
post #12 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 20:23
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv and Southampton
I think the Uke's will sneak this one. It's not that I am biased against the skirt-wearing, haggis-eating, bagpipe-playing primatives living the wrong side of Hadrians wall (just kidding). I think Shev or no-Shev the Ukes have more quality. I reckon 2-0. Shelaev and Milevskiy.

Dynamo Kyiv are better than Shakhtar Donnetsk!
post #13 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 20:40
Premier Player

Teams: GLASGOW RANGERS, Queen of the South and West Ham
Unbelievable, just sobered up and have to pinching myself that we beat France, 9 points out of the first 3 games, brilliant!

Probably be another backs to the wall job on Wednesday, must win for the Ukraine, a draw for us would do!
post #14 of 336 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 23:48
Rising Star

Sopcast had the Scotland-France game and the Scots were very, very lucky to get 3 points. The French were all over them, but give them credit for now putting themselves where they are and and putting pressure on YKPAIHA to win a must game.
post #15 of 336 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 00:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Ezersky will not play,he is suspended........
post #16 of 336 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 14:37 Thread Starter
World Class Player

It appears Sheva might still be available for the Wednesday game after all...
Yesterday, Sheva took part in Dynamo's friendly game against Kyiv Oblast champions Arsenal from Bila Tserkva and scored one of the 5 goals scored by white-and-blue.
The likes of Vaschuk, Belkevich, Rodolfo, Gavrancic also took part in the game...
In goals for Arsenal there was a new Dynamo boy - Czech goalkeeper from Fulham (but not Lastuvka p). According to the Arsenal coach he was to blame for at least one of the goals.
post #17 of 336 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 20:14
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedya_Fussball
Sopcast had the Scotland-France game and the Scots were very, very lucky to get 3 points. The French were all over them, but give them credit for now putting themselves where they are and and putting pressure on YKPAIHA to win a must game.
yep, in the first half - we had a great deal of fortune, when viera's offside goal went in - I did ask myself how much is it going to be for a second. but as it got closer to half time with 0-0 we gained confidence and were much better in the 2nd half, apart from the last 5 minutes - our keeper had little to do (in the 2nd half).
Like Makalele - Tymoschuk will be a great danger to us. Haven't seen him much - but I know most of your attacks building up from him. Let's hope it'll be a great game
post #18 of 336 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 20:47
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv and Southampton
AJ, as a Saints fan, I have to ask what you think of Beattie. £6m well spent? Personally I think we got the best years out of him and he should have gone to Euro 2004. Sadly after being left out of that his form tailed off. Thoughts?

Dynamo Kyiv are better than Shakhtar Donnetsk!
post #19 of 336 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 20:54 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Actually, AJ, Tymoschuk is a defensive minded player... The biggest danger that can come from him is for our own goals (i.e. poor backpass is one of the WC games), and long range shots sometimes... He doenst have that playmakers eye to create chances. Having said that his defensive work is very often underrated.

P.S. Most of the danger should come from the wings IMHO: Husyev, that is if he wont be pulled back to cover the RB position for disqualified Yezersky, and Nazarenko, if he gets another chance after a pretty poor performance (by his standards in the league this season) in Rome.
post #20 of 336 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 21:11
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotan
AJ, as a Saints fan, I have to ask what you think of Beattie. Ł6m well spent? Personally I think we got the best years out of him and he should have gone to Euro 2004. Sadly after being left out of that his form tailed off. Thoughts?
Have to agree with you there, I do think his southampton days under strachan were his prime and you's got the better of the 6 million deal. He's still a very useful player to have and a lot of times if he's not scoring - then he will be putting in a lot of effort to help build up the play. At the moment with our 1 striker formation away from home - Beattie has found himself on the bench a few times due to the good performance of Johnson. He's very useful to have for coming off the bench as well though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in