Favourite Player Ever... - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2006, 20:08 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv and Southampton
Favourite Player Ever...

Who is your favourite player from your club (be it DK, Karpaty, Benfica...whoever)

Mine:
From DK Rebrov. I just like him. Was as good as/better than Shev until his disaster at Spurs.
From Southampton Marian Pahars. Scored so many truly memorable goals against some of our most bitter rivals. Also a nice guy who loved the club and the fans.

Dynamo Kyiv are better than Shakhtar Donnetsk!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2006, 22:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotan
Who is your favourite player from your club (be it DK, Karpaty, Benfica...whoever)

Mine:
From DK Rebrov. I just like him. Was as good as/better than Shev until his disaster at Spurs.
From Southampton Marian Pahars. Scored so many truly memorable goals against some of our most bitter rivals. Also a nice guy who loved the club and the fans.
Benfica-Coluna. ....Dynamo-Kolotov. ,sad he is not here anyomre with us.

Of course the obvious would have been Eusebio and Blokhin but i will go for that two.....btw,Bessonov was a great player so much underated...:thmbdown:
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2006, 22:50
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Benfica-Coluna. ....Dynamo-Kolotov. ,sad he is not here anyomre with us.

Of course the obvious would have been Eusebio and Blokhin but i will go for that two.....btw,Bessonov was a great player so much underated...:thmbdown:
Kolotov? :undecide:

Yanosh Gabovda is probably my fav for Karpaty

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2006, 22:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
Kolotov? :undecide:

Yanosh Gabovda is probably my fav for Karpaty
Kolotov was Russian Yurchishin, though you would guess why?p ,jk....
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2006, 22:56
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Quote:
Kolotov was Russian Yurchishin, though you would guess why?p ,jk....
I know who Kolotov was - DK captain in the 70th :rollani: I was just surprised by your choice. But he wasn;t bad, just not too flashy... And waht is the difference whether he was Russian or Mongol?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2006, 23:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
I know who Kolotov was - DK captain in the 70th :rollani: I was just surprised by your choice. But he wasn;t bad, just not too flashy... And waht is the difference whether he was Russian or Mongol?
I chose Kolotov because he was the captain of the 1975 cup winners cup team and he is not here anymore,died too yound sadly.

Blokhin is just too obvious,everyone will go for him....
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2006, 23:53
Rising Star

Teams: CSKA Kyiv, UNT
CSKA - I loved Eduard Tsykmeistruk until he betrayed the club over the Levski Sofia/Spartak Moscow deal putting him on my black list. So, I would have to say Sergey Tkachenko, Sergey Zakarliuka and Rusya Kostyshin, with an honourable mention for the comical Vova Polishchuk! And Vitaliy Levchenko. Plus, more recently, Mamadi Sangare.

Ukrainian players in general - I loved watching Hennadiy Zubov, Alexsey Bakharev and Anatoliy Tymoshchuk is still a genius. Valentin Belkevich was a special player in his day also.

"You don't play football for the name on the back of your shirt, you play football for the name on the front."
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2006, 23:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarevich
CSKA - I loved Eduard Tsykmeistruk until he betrayed the club over the Levski Sofia/Spartak Moscow deal putting him on my black list. So, I would have to say Sergey Tkachenko, Sergey Zakarliuka and Rusya Kostyshin, with an honourable mention for the comical Vova Polishchuk! And Vitaliy Levchenko. Plus, more recently, Mamadi Sangare.

Ukrainian players in general - I loved watching Hennadiy Zubov, Alexsey Bakharev and Anatoliy Tymoshchuk is still a genius. Valentin Belkevich was a special player in his day also.
Yeah,i remember Tsykmeistruk playing(well staying in the bench) of Spartak in Romantsev period..p
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2006, 00:01
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Im not gonna pick anyone from before the 90's era purely because I've seen very few games/highlights of that period and I wouldnt feel comfortable picking someone from just reading what others think/wrote about him...

Anyway, I dont really have a player that I idolise... But the two that I respect the most are: Tymoschuk & Rebrov
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2006, 00:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Im not gonna pick anyone from before the 90's era purely because I've seen very few games/highlights of that period and I wouldnt feel comfortable picking someone from just reading what others think/wrote about him...

Anyway, I dont really have a player that I idolise... But the two that I respect the most are: Tymoschuk & Rebrov
Yeah,tymoschuk and Rebrov are the only ones in the present who might care to play in Dynamo/Shakhtar and give everything.:rollani: :rollani:
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2006, 00:11
Green_Lion1963

As for me

Karpaty - I've only been following the team for about 2 years..And haven't even been a true fan/supporter for all of that.. Not much... p... So I don't know many of the legends, and haven't seen any of them play. From present time, it would probably be Xudobjak, Tlumak, Ischenko, Batista, Feschuk.... I don't know, I don't have a single favourite player that I'm crazy about, I have many I'm interested in. Also Shust, before he left, I really liked.

Ukrainian - Maybe.... Milevsky... Shovkovsky.... Tymoschuk... Nazarenko...Yezersky... Again, I don't have a favourite player, I like many.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2006, 00:34
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Lion1963
As for me

Karpaty - I've only been following the team for about 2 years..And haven't even been a true fan/supporter for all of that.. Not much... p... So I don't know many of the legends, and haven't seen any of them play. From present time, it would probably be Xudobjak, Tlumak, Ischenko, Batista, Feschuk.... I don't know, I don't have a single favourite player that I'm crazy about, I have many I'm interested in. Also Shust, before he left, I really liked.

Ukrainian - Maybe.... Milevsky... Shovkovsky.... Tymoschuk... Nazarenko...Yezersky... Again, I don't have a favourite player, I like many.
Oh, yeah good thing you reminded me of Milevsky... I dont know if its idolization or not, but if I had to buy a shirt with any name of my choice on it, it would've been Milevsky's! I love the way he plays football - he's touch, strengh and dribbling abilities are very admiring.
So, he would definetely be in my TOP3... But Tymoschuk is still #1 - a true

Out of promising youngsters I admire Husyev of Dynamo, Romanchuk of Arsenal, Yatsenko of Kharkiv, Chyhrynsky & Shust of Shakhtar! Interesting they are all defensive players p (before you start shouting Husyev isnt, most of last season he played a RB)
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2006, 00:38
World Class Player

Umm, and if I had to pick someone from Karpaty it would probably be the Hetsko-Palyanytsya strike partnership, Mizin and out of the recent/current players Shust (he gave us so much joy in his short 6 months as a starter ), Khudobyak and to some extent Shmakov (more of Shmakov of 2005; this year hasnt been one of his best )
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2006, 10:42
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Oh, yeah good thing you reminded me of Milevsky... I dont know if its idolization or not, but if I had to buy a shirt with any name of my choice on it, it would've been Milevsky's! I love the way he plays football - he's touch, strengh and dribbling abilities are very admiring.
Roman, your choice is your choice and I respect that but, to me, Milevsky hasn't achieved enough to warrant such a high level of credit. Coupled with the fact that his arrogance appears to be greater than his actual football achievements, I am still waiting before I can admire him. Perhaps it's my trips to watch him play for Dynamo-2 in the past where you sit really close to the players that has put me off him.

However, that penalty against the Swiss was something special. But can you imagine what people would think of him now if that had gone wrong?

"You don't play football for the name on the back of your shirt, you play football for the name on the front."
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2006, 10:44
Rising Star

Quote:
Yeah,i remember Tsykmeistruk playing(well staying in the bench) of Spartak in Romantsev period..p
He went on loan from CSKA to Levski Sofia for half a season.

When it was time to come back, Spartak poached him from CSKA and told him to pretend that he didn't have a contract and so was a free agent. CSKA, with poor resources, couldn't do much about it, and therefore didn't receive the kind of transfer fee the player was worth at the time.

Sadly, Tykmeistruk had no qualms about betraying CSKA because he wanted the money. The word "skatina" was invented for Eddie I'm afraid.

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old September 19th, 2006, 20:26
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarevich
Roman, your choice is your choice and I respect that but, to me, Milevsky hasn't achieved enough to warrant such a high level of credit. Coupled with the fact that his arrogance appears to be greater than his actual football achievements, I am still waiting before I can admire him. Perhaps it's my trips to watch him play for Dynamo-2 in the past where you sit really close to the players that has put me off him.

However, that penalty against the Swiss was something special. But can you imagine what people would think of him now if that had gone wrong?
There's a very thin line between arrogance and confidence. Milesky I beleive is living on that line. Be it a good thing or not is debatable and has no infuence on me in his case. I admire him not for his attitude or work ethic or personal beliefs/opinions, but footballing skills...
As I already said, being such a big man, to have the ability to control, hold and take on people is pretty impressive...
There are many players I admire for different things:
- I like Tymoschuk for his hard work. Ok, he's not the most technically gifted player, he does make mistakes sometimes, he's pretty average constructively, but he compensates that with his enourmous will to fight, concentration and dedication.
- I like Rebrov for his contribution in building Dynamo's reputation as one of the strongest eastern european teams and establishing it as one of the CL regulars
- I like Cafu for his attitude. You will never see the guy being angry or shouting at someone. He always has a smile on his face and has a lot of respect for his partners and opposition.
- I like Roberto Baggio for the way he managed to shut his critics up after that horror 1994 WC final... He got so much stick for mising taht penalty and it looked his career was over. But he proved everyone he was still a top class player and even fought his way back into Italy's NT.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2006, 01:05
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
For me my #1 of all time is Sergei Semak.

Others are Shevchenko and Henry, also Sinisa Mihailovic is awsome.

R.I.P Ari
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2006, 01:10
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
For me my #1 of all time is Sergei Semak.

Others are Shevchenko and Henry, also Sinisa Mihailovic is awsome.
Semak is playing in Moskva Dmitry.p
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2006, 01:12
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Quote:
Semak is playing in Moskva Dmitry.p

And since when does anyoen care about FK moskva? Sergei is their for the money only, he will always be a Kon!

R.I.P Ari
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old September 20th, 2006, 01:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
And since when does anyoen care about FK moskva? Sergei is their for the money only, he will always be a Kon!
Wth,he was winning more money in France than in Moskva now....money is no excuse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in