Mircea Lucescu at his best! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 11:34 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Mircea Lucescu at his best!

Yesterday, Komanda has published some of the best excuses Mircea had in his 2+ year in Donetsk (pitch, players, refs are always at fault - never the strengh of the opposition or poor tactics :rollani: ):

24.10.2004: (UPL) Shakhtar - Metalist - 0:1
I wouldnt want to get another ref like this ever. There was a lot of diving by the oposition today, but the ref was silent.

12.05.2005: (UPL) Zakarpattya - Shakhtar - 0:0
Its impossible to play on a potato field! And as for the refereeing... the ref added only 2 minutes in the second half and clearly did it intentionally.

29.05.2005: (Cup Final) Shakhtar - Dynamo - 0:1
If this was a Ukrainian ref, his career would've been over after this. I said it before and I say it now: appointing Terry Haugge (? spelling) was a mistake.
What he forgot to mention was that it was him who wanted a foreign ref becuase he thought Ukrainians are all agianst Shakhta... Is there a name for a phobia of refs, btw? :rollani:

02.11.2005: (Champions League) Celtic - Shakhtar - 1:0
I didnt want to come to the press-conference. It was my way of showing my disgust with the refereeing.

07.11.2005: (UPL) Shakhtar - Dynamo - 0:1
Kleber deserved a red card. Shevchuk didnt understand what I wanted from him. He doesnt fit our system.

27.11.2005: (UPL) Dnipro - Shakhtar - 2:2
I constantly repeat myself that the current football system in Ukrainian has no right to exist. Today the ref has shown 9 yellow cards. You cant do that.

23.02.2006: (UEFA Cup) Shakhtar - Lille
We should've left the pitch open to frost before the game. On a good pitch we would've created a lot more chances than on this swamp.

19.08.2006: (UPL) Metalurh D - Shakhtar
I had an impression that the refs were from Faroe Islands and were of the same level as those officiating Germany's third division at most.

12.09.2006: (Champions League) - Roma - Shakhtar - 4:0
I had to sub Gai due to his lack of concentration during the second and third goal. He will remember this game for all his life.
And thats by far not the complete list! The same remarks were after all failures. In fact there was a whole bunch of games that Shakhtar won and Lucescu was still targeting the refs, players (both his own and the oppositions) or the ground workers responsible for preparing the pitch!

He's been fined so many times for his words by the PFL that I doubt any other coach is even close to his anti-record! :thmbdown:

Though, he's laughing at them too late at night - disrespecting everything and everyone in this country and paying out pennies for it while getting a $266,000 check every month...

Cant wait until they fire his ass off and deport as far away from this horrible land of poor pitches and unprofessional refs...

Last edited by Roman; September 15th, 2006 at 12:21.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 12:26
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
A special little place for Lucescu-bashers, hmmmm p
post #3 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 12:57
Star Player

Teams: Shakhtar Donetsk
**** you all, Lucescu is a Tsar.

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA

post #4 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 13:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
At the end of this season Lucescu will earn so far as Shakhtar coach more than 9 millions dollars.....this is outrageous for his quality and for the uke football ,and thinking that Shakhtar was after Lippi.....

Ah,Roman you forgot the pre season friendlies when Lucescu in almost any game threath to take the team of the field because of supposed ref mistakes. :rollani:
post #5 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 17:43
Green_Lion1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostja
**** you all, Lucescu is a Tsar.
Well, like most of Shakhtar he isn't Ukrainian, or even Slavic, but at least he's European p :smileani:
post #6 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 20:47 Thread Starter
World Class Player

@kleber... wasnt me who wrote the article... Komanda did it. But year that was something... It was Benfica against whom he took his team off becuase he didnt like the ref, am i right? p

@yurchishin... I see this thread getting as many posts as the Chillout one p
post #7 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 20:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah,against Benfica but he did the same in Sion or Neuchatel game.

Akhmetov is realy dumb,with the money he have he should have a better eastern foreigner coach.......

Weiss from Saturn is a good choice in my opinion.
post #8 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 21:09
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Yeah,against Benfica but he did the same in Sion or Neuchatel game.

Akhmetov is realy dumb,with the money he have he should have a better eastern foreigner coach.......

Weiss from Saturn is a good choice in my opinion.
I don't see any decent EE coaches that would satisfy Axmet's empty ambitions...
post #9 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 21:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
I don't see any decent EE coaches that would satisfy Axmet's empty ambitions...
Well i doubt a good western coach will come also...Scala failed in the second year at Donetsk as lately in Spartak....

Also i doubt any western coach will do a good job in ukraine or Russia,let's see now with Hiddink and Advocaat in Zenit.
post #10 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 21:23
World Class Player

Quote:
Well i doubt a good western coach will come also...Scala failed in the second year at Donetsk as lately in Spartak....

Also i doubt any western coach will do a good job in ukraine or Russia,let's see now with Hiddink and Advocaat in Zenit.
That's the whole problem: not a single foreign coach has succeeded in Russia or Ukraine so far. Hiddink already sees that snowy Russia is no fanatical Japan or hard-working Ausies. Advocaat did not live up to the expectation in Russian Shaxtar, Zenit. Seems, it does nto matter whether the coach is from E. or W. Europe - they all fail here. These guys are coming to Russia or Ukraine and having a huge language barrier which they did not have elsewhere - most of Russian or Ukr. players are not fluent in English. Plus, different mentality...

That's why E. European coach would be the best since they know the language and mentality (however, I read somewhere recently that Lucescu still does not know the language). But there is a draught for decent E. European coaches now which is a surprise: Poles, Czechs and Sebs used to produce the good ones...
post #11 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 21:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
That's the whole problem: not a single foreign coach has succeeded in Russia or Ukraine so far. Hiddink already sees that snowy Russia is no fanatical Japan or hard-working Ausies. Advocaat did not live up to the expectation in Russian Shaxtar, Zenit. Seems, it does nto matter whether the coach is from E. or W. Europe - they all fail here. These guys are coming to Russia or Ukraine and having a huge language barrier which they did not have elsewhere - most of Russian or Ukr. players are not fluent in English. Plus, different mentality...

That's why E. European coach would be the best since they know the language and mentality (however, I read somewhere recently that Lucescu still does not know the language). But there is a draught for decent E. European coaches now which is a surprise: Poles, Czechs and Sebs used to produce the good ones...
Advocaat is only three months in St petersbug and anyway he didn't lose any league match,he will not fight for the title this year but a third place is possible and next year he will fight for the title,i might be wrong but in my opinion Zenit will be the major force in russian football in the future,unlike the moscow clubs the city of St.petersburg realy support their club,and above all they have Gazprom sponsor them.

The only problem and big one for Zenit,the mafia of the moscow clubs who control the ref,especialy cska.
post #12 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 21:36 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Yeah, its true... Lucescu didnt bother to learn the language, despite being there for two years and signing an extension recently

I saw GOAL programme last week and when he talked to Akhmetov, his assistant or even shout one or two words at his players he required a translator :thmbdown:
post #13 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 21:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Yeah, its true... Lucescu didnt bother to learn the language, despite being there for two years and signing an extension recently

I saw GOAL programme last week and when he talked to Akhmetov, his assistant or even shout one or two words at his players he required a translator :thmbdown:
,what is the name of the assistant coach?Zaporozhan or something like that ,he is Moldavian,coach Zimbru i believe.

Prokopenko would have done a much better work.
post #14 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 21:41
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman

Poor Shaxtar

It's being raped... :nervous:
post #15 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 21:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Poor Shaxtar
p
post #16 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 21:46
World Class Player

Quote:
,what is the name of the assistant coach?Zaporozhan or something like that ,he is Moldavian,coach Zimbru i believe.

Prokopenko would have done a much better work.
A Moldavian coach? p Moldavian & Romanian are very similar so I am not surprised: Lucescu has to be able to talk to someone in his team :rollani:
post #17 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 22:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
A Moldavian coach? p Moldavian & Romanian are very similar so I am not surprised: Lucescu has to be able to talk to someone in his team :rollani:
He knows italian and some spannish so he can talk with the Brazilians at least....p
post #18 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 22:02 Thread Starter
World Class Player

If he's really Moldavian than I guess it wasnt him than... Maybe it was some other coach
post #19 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 22:06
World Class Player

Quote:
He knows italian and some spannish so he can talk with the Brazilians at least....p
Vast majority of Romanians know Italian. The educated ones also know French - I wonder if Lucescu is one of them
post #20 of 85 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2006, 22:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Vast majority of Romanians know Italian. The educated ones also know French - I wonder if Lucescu is one of them
He was head coach of Inter Yurchishin.p

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in