National Team Defense - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 06:26 Thread Starter
Rising Star

National Team Defense

It seems that our National team's most uncertain position continues to be defense. With the lack of depth and constant injuries we will never make it out of this Euro group of death. When is Fedorov expected to come back?? In know we have some quality young players but are any ready for the big team?? From what I see this is the best defensive 4 we have....

Yezersky---Chyrgynsky--Rusol--Nesmachniy

What about others like Fedorov, Yatsenko, Kucher, Svidersky?? I'd like to know what you all think is our strongest lineup in back, and who you think should/should not be playing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old September 8th, 2006, 12:32
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Yezersky should go on the right since he's been doing really well on that position lately (i.e. WCQ)...
Rusol definetely in the middle... He's not only our youngest defender, he's our best defender too...
As for the other CB position its hard to say, Fedorov will be out until next year, so he will only be able to help us in the spring qualif. games. Chyhrynsky is also injured and is still unknown when he will start playing or even training for Shakhtar (maybe Kostja will help us out here: when will Shust and Chyhrynsky be back? ), so for the moment (in the next two qualifying games I wouldnt be surprised to see a duet of Rusol-Yezersky at the centre back and either Svidersky whom Im very fond of after the WC, Tkachenko, with whom Husyev seem to work really well and efficient or Kucher... I guess it all depends which player is more fit and gets more game time (its unlikely Shakhtar will give them much of it, especially when Shust and Chyhrynsky are back to make up the numbers of ukies on the field and if Tymoschuk stays in Donetsk - i still hope he leaves them in the winter)
Our left back position is very weak. We have only Nesmachny, who seems to play much better in the international level than in his club, but is still below the quality of player Id want to see in our lineup, Svidersky, who like Nesmachny lacks regular football in his club, but can step up a gear on the international level or maybe even bring some youth into the team - like Romanchuk - this guy from the U-21 team can both attack and defend. We havent had this type of LB for a long time.

Anyway, so for now my line-up would be:

--Svidersky/Tkachenko----Yezersky---Rusol------Nesmachny

By the end of the qualifyers Im hoping to see:
--Yezersky----Chyhrysnky----Rusol------Romanchuk--

I know this lineup seems a bit inexperienced, but hey you gotta give your youth a chance one day. Rusol will be 25 (which aint a 'kid' anymore) by the time the qualifyers are over with lots of experience behind his shoulders... Yezersky - no questions there. Chyhrynsky - he already has European experience with Shakhtar and if he progresses at the same level he does right now and stays away from injuries he has a very good chacne of replacing Fedorov very soon. He also doenst look like a guy who cracks under pressure easily. And finally, Romanchuk, he'll be 23 and again if he keeps working on himself and doesnt get the Aliev syndrome he's our best choice of replacing Nesmachny...
Todays football is very often built the wingers, who are always very quick and with Nesmachny approching his 30's we gonna have a major problem there.
I can also see Kucher as a replacement for Yezersky in the future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in