Euro'08 Q: Ukraine vs Georgia - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 16:33 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Euro'08 Q: Ukraine vs Georgia

Is this game going to be shown on T.V. anywhere?

This should be an interesting match up. The Georgians have always put up a good fight against us and they're coming off a 6-0 victory over FI.

We'll see what our boys took with them from the WC experience in this game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 16:39
Green_Lion1963

I think it's a good idea to start a thread for every individual game.. Then after it's over, merge it with the UNT thread... .

I don't know if the 6 - 0 win over F.I shows Georgia is getting good , or if it shows F.I suck that much p.....

Regardless, we can't lose points against anyone other then France and Italy.. Maybe we can afford 1 draw vs Scotland... But the other teams in the group we must beat.. Especially at home..
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 19:31
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Nah, why merging? I'll leave them as they are... UNT thread is only for news, rumours, and other related staff...

P.S. I hate the fact the game is in Kyiv. We must try and win all of our home games if we're to quality for the finals...

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old August 28th, 2006, 20:44
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
The decision where to play these games rests upon answer to this question: what is more important - to play near your base where you can adequately prepare for days for the games but where you'll have no supoprt on the stands to push you when needed (Kyiv), or, to play in teh rocking place that will push you to the limits regardless whom you play, but arrived there on the date of the game and preparing for the game hundreds miles away (Lviv). I guess Blokhin preferred the 1st option for this game. :rollani:
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2006, 00:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
The decision where to play these games rests upon answer to this question: what is more important - to play near your base where you can adequately prepare for days for the games but where you'll have no supoprt on the stands to push you when needed (Kyiv), or, to play in teh rocking place that will push you to the limits regardless whom you play, but arrived there on the date of the game and preparing for the game hundreds miles away (Lviv). I guess Blokhin preferred the 1st option for this game. :rollani:
I think the game should be play in the lobanovsky stadium,16.000 spec might appear there.
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2006, 00:30
Green_Lion1963

But it's not a far flight at all. I flew Lviv - Kyiv and Kyiv - Lviv as I'm sure many people herehave and its a very short flight, 45 minutes on a good day. They can still train, but just instead of a 15 minute drive to the stadium, now it's a 45 minute flight..
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2006, 00:33
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Lion1963
But it's not a far flight at all. I flew Lviv - Kyiv and Kyiv - Lviv as I'm sure many people herehave and its a very short flight, 45 minutes on a good day. They can still train, but just instead of a 15 minute drive to the stadium, now it's a 45 minute flight..
The better solution is to build a world class training camp near Lviv, so NT does not need to fly on the game day. Karpaty and NT will use it.
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2006, 00:36
Green_Lion1963

True. And Karpaty have been talking about building that type of stuff, and improving what they already have... Any news on the new stadium plans btw?.
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2006, 01:31
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Georgia is a very skilled and talented side, if they play to their potential for once they can give anyone in their gorup problems.

Their midfielder Kobiashvili is oone of the best in the Bundesliga.

R.I.P Ari
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2006, 01:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Georgia is a very skilled and talented side, if they play to their potential for once they can give anyone in their gorup problems.

Their midfielder Kobiashvili is oone of the best in the Bundesliga.
yeah. ,and don't forget Arveladze and they have a good coach Toppmoller who was vice european club champion with Leverkusen in 2002.
post #11 of 104 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2006, 03:01
World Class Player

I agree, could be a difficult one. The Georgians are sleeping giant. They've been sleeping now since mid 80th when Kipiani-Daraselia-Gabelia generation retired. They may wake up any minute now, they're due. So, we must be very careful with them - any loss of points in this game will spell an early disaster in this difficult campaign.
post #12 of 104 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2006, 03:52
Green_Lion1963

Well, unfortunately IMO they won't "wake up" soon, as there's no money in Georgia ; And money isn't only lacking for football, sadly... But I know they'll be a tough opponent.
post #13 of 104 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 01:58
Rising Star

Cheers.
I was in Georgia for two weeks this summer, and what I can tell is that the country is totally mad about football! In Georgia almost everyone cares about it, and it is far more popular than in Ukraine or Russia.
Anyhowever, locals told me that the reason of why their national team had not performed better was a conflict between the palyers and the footbal federation about money. These conflicts are supposed to have been solved now during Toppmollers charge, so the team is expected to perform much better. I don't really know if this is true, I can only tell thta it was what I was told in Georgia.
post #14 of 104 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 02:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Well, unfortunately IMO they won't "wake up" soon, as there's no money in Georgia ; And money isn't only lacking for football, sadly... But I know they'll be a tough opponent.
Sadly Dinamo Tbilisi is so poor nowadays,they can not even win the georgian league....they had such strong team in the late 70's beginning of 80's,Shengelia,Daraselia,Kipiani...

Like Kucherevsky also Daraselia and Kipiani died of car accidents.
post #15 of 104 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 03:04
Green_Lion1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akakij
Cheers.
I was in Georgia for two weeks this summer, and what I can tell is that the country is totally mad about football! In Georgia almost everyone cares about it, and it is far more popular than in Ukraine or Russia.
Anyhowever, locals told me that the reason of why their national team had not performed better was a conflict between the palyers and the footbal federation about money. These conflicts are supposed to have been solved now during Toppmollers charge, so the team is expected to perform much better. I don't really know if this is true, I can only tell thta it was what I was told in Georgia.
I don't know about either of the things you said, but I guess it's possible p.
post #16 of 104 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 13:07
World Class Player

Quote:
I don't know about either of the things you said, but I guess it's possible p.
Both are true. The Gerogians are mad about football, really mad (in a good way though, not like Turks). And, yeah, they have a syndrome of "Russian hockey players" too - they think they're too talented to care for its NT. The Grorgians have decent teams every 20 years or so - in teh 60th it was Peichadze's team, in the 80th it was Kipianini-Daraselia team, in 2000th ....
post #17 of 104 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 13:09
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Sadly Dinamo Tbilisi is so poor nowadays,they can not even win the georgian league....they had such strong team in the late 70's beginning of 80's,Shengelia,Daraselia,Kipiani...

Like Kucherevsky also Daraselia and Kipiani died of car accidents.
The last piece of puzzle that the Georgians perhaps are missing is a local coach of Nodar Ahalkaci's calibre. All these foreigners - they gonna do as well in Georgia as they will in Russia :rollani: The mentality differs so much :rollani:
post #18 of 104 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 15:42
Green_Lion1963

But the thing is, Georgia just doesn't have the money to have a good NT ... They would be so much better if their country was even on Ukraine's standards (And even Ukraine is far behind the west)...
post #19 of 104 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 16:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

In the Georgian squad,7 players play in russia ,9 in ukraine.

The best ones are Asatiani(lokomotiv),kobiashvili(Schalke),Mujiri(kr ylya),Iashvili(friburg)
S.Arveladze(Alkmaar),Khizanishvili(blackburn).

Georgia miss two important players for this games because of injuries,
Kaladze(milan),Khizaneishvili(Blackburn).
post #20 of 104 (permalink) Old August 30th, 2006, 16:56
World Class Player

Quote:
But the thing is, Georgia just doesn't have the money to have a good NT ... They would be so much better if their country was even on Ukraine's standards (And even Ukraine is far behind the west)...
Yeah, but you don't have to have money to build a good NT. Talent and desire to play is all you need. The players are playing elsewhere, outside Georgia. Beware of Georgians ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in