Husin quits the NT - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2006, 13:04 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Husin quits the NT

"For the past two years I've had one aim in my life - to make the best possible performance with Ukraine NT in Germany. I'll always be proud of the result we achieved at the World Cup. And now when my dream has come true, I decided to quit."

http://kc-camapa.ru/cgi-bin/newsprn.cgi?2255
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2006, 14:30
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
He's been a good soldier for UNT at the WC. And who can forget his brilliant goal vs. Greeks that basically guaranteed us the tix to Germany? We could have used him for one more qualification cycle though. Too bad, I think the guy did not fully realized himself. He had a talent to be a great forward. And he started as such in Karpaty, but could not score a season after season, becoming the subject of fan's jokes. Eventually, he moved back to midfield and even defense where he excelled and made UNT. I also think conflicts with DK had something to do with his decision.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2006, 14:36
True-Kozak

I remember that Greece goal ..... I didn't even watch that game live, I remember my parents let me take the 2nd half of school off, to listen to it via radio (Greek radio)...I don't understand Greek but all I remember hearing was 'Ukraina gol, Husin....' then I looked on livescore.com and there it was

Husin had alot of doubters during the WC but he proved alot of them wrong..He had a few very solid preformances...A class guy and I'll miss him ...Дякую, Андрійко.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2006, 14:54
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Thank you, Husin and fair well...
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old August 2nd, 2006, 15:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Yeah,respect to Husin.....i still think he could be in Dynamo but Szabo make the decision that he didn't count with him.:rollani:

He is looking fine nowadays in Samara a middle rus team well supported.

He was the best man against switzerland and this say's a lot.

Time for the youngsters Chihrinsky,yatsenko.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:50
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, UNT, Valencia
Yes, a great player for Ukraine and Dynamo Kyiv. I actually remember his goal against Juventus during the 'golden-era', when he scored from close range and gave Dynamo an away advantage which we ended up blowing anyway. But the Greece goal is his CV highlight, one of the main reasons we got into the World Cup actually if you also take into acount his header in Copenhagen. He was solid in the World Cup for sure, and I thought played very well against the Italians.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:17
World Class Player

According to the article on tymoshchuk.com, Husyn decided not to retire from international football after talking to Tymoschuk
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:21
Green_Lion1963

I wonder what they talked about
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:23
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Lion1963
I wonder what they talked about
Really, what's up with this retirement anyway :rollani: The guy continues to play for Samara, so why not for NT?
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:26
World Class Player

Honestly I think its a mistake... He should leave while he's still a hero... who knows what might happen in the next few games... He's not that young anymore, he lost his speed and... well, if he makes a crucial mistake people will remember him for that...
On the other hand, I doubt he will be a starter and his experience will be very important for players like Chyhrynsky, Yatsenko and Romanchuk. I hope these 3 will become UNT material in the next 1-2 years... Their progress impressed me a lot over the past year.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:29
World Class Player

Blokha was annoyed with the retirement in his interview. He probably thinks that Hus' is a quiter. Even aging Hus' could be a very important figure in developing of our future NT. With the limited talent pool we have now the guys like Hus' are critical.
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
According to the article on tymoshchuk.com, Husyn decided not to retire from international football after talking to Tymoschuk
A big mistake by Husin,at 34 years is time to retire from the Nt...also ukraine have a lot of CB,time for the youngsters.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
Really, what's up with this retirement anyway :rollani: The guy continues to play for Samara, so why not for NT?
Everything ends someday,many players decide to quit the Nt when they get this kind of age...He didn't end his football career because he can play two more years in a russian mid table team and earn some good money there.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:39
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Everything ends someday,many players decide to quit the Nt when they get this kind of age...He didn't end his football career because he can play two more years in a russian mid table team and earn some good money there.
It's nonsense, if NT coach says you're fit then you're fit.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
It's nonsense, if NT coach says you're fit then you're fit.
Well maybe Luzhny is still fit and since uke doesn't have a decent RB he can return to the Nt.p

Gallas quit,figo quit,Pauleta quit,Vieira likely as Thuram,Shearer at the age of 30 quit...Hierro with 34,and many more cases of players who quit their nt at the age of 34 and sometimes below that....

And ukraine have too many Cb to realy need Husin to stay.:rollani:
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:51
World Class Player

Quote:
Well maybe Luzhny is still fit and since uke doesn't have a decent RB he can return to the Nt.p

Gallas quit,figo quit,Pauleta quit,Vieira likely as Thuram,Shearer at the age of 30 quit...Hierro with 34,and many more cases of players who quit their nt at the age of 34 and sometimes below that....

And ukraine have too many Cb to realy need Husin to stay.:rollani:
I don't think Hysin thought about the youngsters when he made his decision :rollani: He thought about himself mostly. Blokhin was clear that he needs Hysin, so isn't that a priority?
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 00:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I don't think Hysin thought about the youngsters when he made his decision :rollani: He thought about himself mostly. Blokhin was clear that he needs Hysin, so isn't that a priority?
Hey,is Blokhin Husin father or what?p ,.....Husin will have 36 if ukraine go to the euro(very unlikely)...also do you believe Shevchenko will continue to play for ukraine after the euro,i doubt.

Ukraine Cb-Ezersky,Svidersky,rusol,yatsenko,chihrinsky,vaschu k,fedorov,enough?p
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 01:03
World Class Player

Kleber, Husyn is not just a defender. He's best in the DM position where we have only 3 players: Tymoschuk, Husyn and Shelayev... Nazarenko might partner Tymoschuk vs the minnows and husyn or Shelayev are the favorites to play vs France and Italy... IMHO...

P.S. Sheva said it himself that he wants to play in WC2010
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 01:03
World Class Player

Blokhin is NT coach who believes that he needs Hysin at this time, that's enough for me to question the decision.

Sheva will have enough for another WC run, no doubt.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2006, 01:04
World Class Player

Quote:
Hey,is Blokhin Husin father or what?p ,.....Husin will have 36 if ukraine go to the euro(very unlikely)...also do you believe Shevchenko will continue to play for ukraine after the euro,i doubt.

Ukraine Cb-Ezersky,Svidersky,rusol,yatsenko,chihrinsky,vaschu k,fedorov,enough?p
Out of these 7, you listed 2 RBs... So what were you saying about Luzhny agian?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in