First Division 2006/2007 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 15:46 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
First Division 2006/2007

So today is the opening day of Uke First Division.
There are no clear favorites for promotion, apart maybe from Obolon, so it must be a very good battle thurout the season.
btw, Volyn is couple minutes away from losing their opening game at home to newwly promoted Olexandria

P.S. 2_Dmitriy: Which lower division is better: Ukrainian or Russian?

I have two strong factors in favor for the first one: we have Valery Lobanovsky playing for Zakarpattya and Oleh Blokhin for Olexandria
There mght be more undiscovered stars, but these are the only ones i found thus far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 18:00 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Volyn 0:1 Olexandria (shock start for Lutsk)
Stal 0:2 Enerhetyk (outsider beats one fo teh favorites away. Go Burshtyn)
Zakarpatya 2:1 Dnipro (a very late winner saves Uzhhorod's blushes)
Obolon 7:1 Mykolayiv (should we give them the title now?)
Naftovyk 3:1 Desna (easy win for Nafta)
FC Lviv 3:1 Borysfen (3 goals in 8 mins give Lviv their first 3 points)
Podillya 2:1 CSKA (very late winner by Khmelnytsk)
Krymteplytsya 2:1 DynamoIS (Krym derby ends with teplytsa taking it all despite going 1:0 early in the game)
Spartak IF 0:2 Helios (suprised with the win. Thought Spartak would get at least a point)

btw, 7th goal for Obolon was scored by Tovt from penalty... if you dont know Tovt is a goalkeeper

Last edited by Roman; July 21st, 2006 at 18:12.
post #3 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 18:10
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Volyn 0:1 Olexandria (shock start for Lutsk)
Stal 0:2 Enerhetyk (outsider beats one fo teh favorites away. Go Burshtyn)
Zakarpatya 2:1 Dnipro (a very late winner saves Uzhhorod's blushes)
Obolon 7:1 Mykolayiv (should we give them the title now?)
Naftovyk 3:1 Desna (easy win for Nafta)
FC Lviv 3:1 Borysfen (3 goals in 8 mins give Lviv their first 3 points)
Podillya 2:1 CSKA (very late winner by Khmelnytsk)
Krymteplytsya 2:1 DynamoIS (Krym derby ends with teplytsa taking it all despite going 1:0 early in the game)
Spartak IF 0:2 Helios (suprised with the win. Thought Spartak would get at least a point)
Surprised with Zakarpattya and not surprised with Volyn' - shock from relegation usually extends at least for a season. Obolon' - yeah, give them a title. Expected more from advertised Cherkassy, even in tough Oxtyrka. Helios - are we about to have a 3rd Kharkiv team in Visha Liga? FC Lviv, way to go! Mikolaev - will they even complete the 1 half of the season, or wait until the end for relegation?

post #4 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 18:16
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
Expected more from advertised Cherkassy, even in tough Oxtyrka.

Cherkassy played against Zakrep...

Desna Chernihiv played against Oxtyrka
post #5 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 18:30
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
That's right. Then, I even more surprised by Uzhgorod.
post #6 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 19:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Obolon should get promoted,three teams in Kyiv again in Vischa liha next year!p ...next sopt will be between Volyn,naftovyk,Zakarpattia and some surprise team that likely will appear.

Of course,the perscha liha title this year will go to Kyiv...but no,not to Obolon but to the mighty Dynamo 2!p
post #7 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 21:04
Rising Star

Teams: CSKA Kyiv, UNT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Obolon should get promoted,three teams in Kyiv again in Vischa liha next year!p
Thus once again causing chaos in the fixture list because of the lack of facilities and the failure of Obolon to get an appropriate licence for their stadium in Obolon district and the insistence of Arsenal to play in the totally inappropriate Olympic Stadium. There is no worse a game than watching Arsenal Kyiv play in Olympiyskiy, at least Obolon sometimes get chucked out to Bannikov, which is a much better experience for fans.

Quote:
Of course,the perscha liha title this year will go to Kyiv...but no,not to Obolon but to the mighty Dynamo 2!p
Now there is a "doublyori" set-up in Ukraine, and Dynamo-2's role as a "favour provider" to certain teams, such a scenario is highly improbable.

A disappointing result for CSKA today.

"You don't play football for the name on the back of your shirt, you play football for the name on the front."
post #8 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 21:30
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah Tsarevich i know,Dynamo 2 is not the same Dynamo 2 of some seasons ago .....with the reserve league now been playing and some players get loaned to teams like Kharkiv Dynamo 2 is becoming much more weaker nowadays.

In the past you would see many players from Dynamo main squad playing there once in a while but now with the reserve league that almost doesn't happen.

Good luck for your Cska in this new season.
post #9 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 21:53
Rising Star

Quote:
Yeah Tsarevich i know,Dynamo 2 is not the same Dynamo 2 of some seasons ago .....with the reserve league now been playing and some players get loaned to teams like Kharkiv Dynamo 2 is becoming much more weaker nowadays.

In the past you would see many players from Dynamo main squad playing there once in a while but now with the reserve league that almost doesn't happen.

The Dynamo-2 that plays in Persha Liha is made up of U21, at least that is what I saw in June when I saw Dynamo-2 vs Podillja @ Koncha Zaspe.
post #10 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 21:56
Rising Star

Quote:
Thanks.

Because of my trip to the World Cup I have missed out on my annual trip late spring to watch about 15 games of Ukrainian football at all different levels, so I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms! That said, those 5 games in Germany were wonderful experiences.

It will be a while before I get to Kyiv again but before then I hope to go to Italy and the Faroe Islands to watch the UNT before another trip next May.

Maybe I'll be lucky and get to see Dynamo or Shakhtar play someone in the British Isles in Winter in the Champions League.

"You don't play football for the name on the back of your shirt, you play football for the name on the front."
post #11 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 21:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedya_Fussball
The Dynamo-2 that plays in Persha Liha is made up of U21, at least that is what I saw in June when I saw Dynamo-2 vs Podillja @ Koncha Zaspe.
Yeah.And Dynamo 3 is U18!p
post #12 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 21:58
Rising Star

Quote:
Which pitch did they play this game on Fedya?

When I was there in March it was so cold they played the game (CSKA game) on the astroturf on "Pitch 1". I was really impressed with the construction work which should have been finished I reckon by the time you went there in June.

post #13 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 22:00
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
That's right. Then, I even more surprised by Uzhgorod.

Zakrep maybe aren't az kreppy as we think they are.

Volyn look much worse and proved it today when they lost to the only promoted team from Druha Liha - Oleksandrija who were not even champions of their group (B).

So much for the gap between Persha Liha and Druha Liha with The Brewers slamming Mykolajiv. Also I reckon Desna thought that the competition would be similar to Druha Liha Halychna. Not so! Oxtyrka put in some nice performances last year.

I know that, Pylyp hates the fakt that The Gooners are still in Vyshcha Liha. But one day they will get relegated, because really they dont have any fans. And those that do what to come to the game for UAH 0.00.
post #14 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 22:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarevich
Thanks.

Because of my trip to the World Cup I have missed out on my annual trip late spring to watch about 15 games of Ukrainian football at all different levels, so I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms! That said, those 5 games in Germany were wonderful experiences.

It will be a while before I get to Kyiv again but before then I hope to go to Italy and the Faroe Islands to watch the UNT before another trip next May.

Maybe I'll be lucky and get to see Dynamo or Shakhtar play someone in the British Isles in Winter in the Champions League.
Faroe Islands is on the same group of Ukraine?didn't know that,well in my opinion it will not be easy for Ukraine the game there.

Dynamo or Shakhtar in the British isles,yeah it might happen...but first Dynamo has to beat Liepaja.
post #15 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 22:02
Rising Star

Quote:
Which pitch did they play this game on Fedya?

When I was there in March it was so cold they played the game (CSKA game) on the astroturf on "Pitch 1". I was really impressed with the construction work which should have been finished I reckon by the time you went there in June.

The played on the grass pitch (It was nice and warm). The one that has a mini grandstand of rows...
post #16 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 22:07
Rising Star

Quote:
Faroe Islands is on the same group of Ukraine?didn't know that,well in my opinion it will not be easy for Ukraine the game there.
I have to cope with my geographical situation when watching the UNT! That said, I used to live in Lithuania and have always wanted to visit Georgia, but the Faroes are a decent alternative and are only 180 miles north of Scotland (or something like that).

And then of course there is Scotland, France (3 hours by train), Italy (not far) so I think I should get to some decent games.

post #17 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 22:08
Rising Star

Quote:
The played on the grass pitch (It was nice and warm). The one that has a mini grandstand of rows...
Sounds like Pitch 2, that's the best one of the old ones. So close to the pitch, even on the back row!

post #18 of 469 (permalink) Old July 21st, 2006, 22:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I have to cope with my geographical situation when watching the UNT! That said, I used to live in Lithuania and have always wanted to visit Georgia, but the Faroes are a decent alternative and are only 180 miles north of Scotland (or something like that).

And then of course there is Scotland, France (3 hours by train), Italy (not far) so I think I should get to some decent games.
So basicaly you can see all the away games of Ukraine!p
post #19 of 469 (permalink) Old July 22nd, 2006, 18:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

In the last game of the first round Dynamo 2 trashed Spartak Sumy 7-0.

Oleinik 14,41,71,vorobei 57,Ksenz 77,90+1,Zozulya 78.
post #20 of 469 (permalink) Old July 23rd, 2006, 00:05 Thread Starter
World Class Player

OMG, and i thought 7:1 was bad!!!
How bad can you be to lose to these Dynamo youngsters... i.e. Dynamo's third team?
Sumy are now my favorites to go down...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in