Teams: Dynamo Kyiv & Ukrainian National
Pyatov is now in the game,
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 16:43
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaczmar
Pyatov is now in the game,
You meant Shyst. Nothing impressive so far... Defense continues getting into trouble even against such a weak opponent and our offense does pretty much nothing.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 17:02
World Class Player

Well, 3-0 is slightly better. I understand that it is just a friendly and coaches are experimenting etc. But ... 1 goal in 85 minutes against a mighthy Livian defense is still a shame. It's another reason that Milevski must start with Sheva against Spain. I wish Blokha will try this connection in the last game. And even a bigger question: what we going to do with our defense's stupid mistakes?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 17:26
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Friendly: Ukraine-Lybia

Couldnt get out early enough to see the whole game, so had to settle only for the last 10 minutes, unfortunatelly. Although if you look at the time the goals were scored, i got right in time to see the best - 2 of the total of 3 goals.

No big report or anything since i didnt even familirize myself with the squad... I noticed the presence of Vorobey and Belik, who btw assisted each other and scored one goal each during those 10 minutes, then Tymoschuk was on the field as well (missed 2 challenges), Rotan (had an opportunity late in teh game, but the defender took the cross just off his head), Kalinichenko (who should've scored, but was so slow thinking when and where to shoot, Lybian defender managed to get back and tackle the ball away from him, Husin, Shelaev and Shust who was very good getting off his goal on 2 occassion to clear up the mess the center defenders made - dont know who played our back four since they werent shown much during those last few minutes...

The second goal was really beuatiful - a backheel from Belik after Vorobeys cross, who btw was one-on-one with the keeper, but probably got an instruction not to shoot p and he decided cross it low for Belik. The defender stayed with Olexiy all the way and so the only way Belik could score was, well just what he did, backheel it past the defender.
The third goal was a lot like the first one, althoguh this time Belik crossed it low for Vorobey from the left this time and Andriy had the easiest chances he'll ever get to tap it in - i didnt believe he scored until the ball was actually in the net, cause we all know Vorobeys ability to mess up those 100% chances...

To sum up, if you could actually call 10 minutes of play a sum up, all of our dangerous moments came from coutner attacks. Thats what we do best and thats what we should stick to even against the weaker team...

...and...

...all of Lybias dangerous moments (2 possible one-on-ones) came from the centre... I know Rusol didnt play the last 10 minutes since i saw him in his track suit after the whistle...

Final score: Ukraine 3:0 Lybia... Confidence is on the high, but there's still a lot to work on...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 17:39 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv & Ukrainian National
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79
You meant Shyst. Nothing impressive so far... Defense continues getting into trouble even against such a weak opponent and our offense does pretty much nothing.
According to FIFA, Pyatov went in.. but they do make a lot of mistakes,
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 19:54
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurchishin79

Libya isn't that weak of an opponent. They were in the African qualifying "group of death" and finished in 4th place behind Ivory Coast, Cameroon, and Egypt. They held both of the top teams to scoreless draws and beat Egypt 2-1 at home during qualifying. Just recently they beat Belarus in a friendly after penalty kicks and only lost to Uruguay 2-1. In January of this year they lost to Tunisia 1-0 in a friendly.

Again this was just a friendly match. It's difficult for a defense to get set when it is completely changed at half time. The offense will get better with playmakers Rebrov and Milevskyy in and Sheva to finish off. It is good though that Vorobei and Bielik are showing some creativity, they can be used as decent subs.

The big question is the midfield. Can Tymoschuk and Husin effectively control the middle?? I think that Husiev and Rotan are solid young players that can cause problems on the flanks.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 21:39
World Class Player

btw, only Shevchenko, Yezersky, Shovkovsky and Tymoschuk were singing the national anthem before this game... Everyone else, including the coaching staff didnt even move their lips
I really hope this doesnt repeat in the world cup... I was so proud watching the U-21 team where EVERYONE was signing or at least trying to... It obviously shows that it takes time to get over that embarassment or something signing ur anthem in public, but for the sake of ur country and fans, at least try to...!!!!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 21:40
World Class Player

Same was before the Costa-Rica game: Yezersky, Timoshyk & Shovkovsky. That was it.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 21:44
World Class Player

Im surprised that Husyn isnt in this list...
But, after all, one more players doesnt make a difference... WE need ALL of them to do what needs to be done...
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 21:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Blokhin should put Husiev as right defender,Ezersky/rusol central defenders and leave Vaschuk on the bench.......Husin/timochuk in the middle.

Than rebrov,sheva,Milevsky,voronin.

Of course Rebrov and Sheva are injuried so they will only have one week to train with the mates....Milevsky need some rest and likely will not play against Spain...so i will say that Blokhin will put this team against Saudi Arabia and against Spain Vaschuk:rollani: will start instead of Milevsky.

Overall very few days for Blokhin to put Rebrov and Sheva in the team with milevsky needing some rest.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 22:11
True-Kozak

Sheva is playing vs Luxembourg.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2006, 00:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Vaschuk,the worst player in field according to Dynamomania.:rollani:
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2006, 00:59
Premier Player

Teams: Lokomotiv Plovdiv
Nice warm-up vs Lybia,guys! Looking forward to see Ukraine in action at the WC finals.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2006, 13:43
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Blokhin should put Husiev as right defender,Ezersky/rusol central defenders and leave Vaschuk on the bench.......Husin/timochuk in the middle.
Agree. As much as i want to see Husyev as a winger, he'll be better as a full back vs the Spaniards.
On the right wing we could put Vorobey and Rebrov and could also tell them to switch positions thruout the game. Somehow i doubt Voronin will play int his game... I think it will only be Sheva upfront and 2 wingers will help him out... Husyn and Tymoschuk will be playing as destructive midfilders and probbbbbbbbbbably Nazarenko as a contructive one... Though i have my doubts about it...
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2006, 13:44
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Techno
Nice warm-up vs Lybia,guys! Looking forward to see Ukraine in action at the WC finals.
Thanx
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2006, 15:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Agree. As much as i want to see Husyev as a winger, he'll be better as a full back vs the Spaniards.
On the right wing we could put Vorobey and Rebrov and could also tell them to switch positions thruout the game. Somehow i doubt Voronin will play int his game... I think it will only be Sheva upfront and 2 wingers will help him out... Husyn and Tymoschuk will be playing as destructive midfilders and probbbbbbbbbbably Nazarenko as a contructive one... Though i have my doubts about it...
Nah,Voronin should play...two wingers(rebrov,Vorobei) and Sheva on the front.......Milevsky could come into the game in the second half.

You can not leave Shevchenko alone by himself in front.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2006, 01:21
Rising Star

Belik to come on in the second half instead of Milevskiy
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2006, 04:54
Rising Star

Guys Milevskiy already been assigned to play for u-21, not for National Team at Wc. No chance to see him.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2006, 06:56
Rising Star

Milevsky is included in Bloxhin's squad. He is definitely going to be at the world cup. The question is whether or not he is going to play. Based on his performance in Portugal.. I think the answer is yes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in