Mikhailichenko to Scotland? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 11:34 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Heart of Midlothian Football Club
Mikhailichenko to Scotland?

After guiding Ukraine's u-21s to the European Championship final, he is rumoured to be in talks with Hearts. We've been linked with several coaches since we sacked the last one, but no source has claimed that we were in talks. I just wanted to ask your opinions of him as a manager and if you think he could do a good job for us. Thanks

http://www.forth2.com/Article.asp?id=16175
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 14:30
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Mikha will be now looking for offers from abroad. Now, it could be his best (and could be the only) chance to land some good contract. Surely, Scotland is a viable option since he played there. His career has been very unstable. One thing he has is experience in both, playing and coaching. His talent as a coach, while getting a boost in Portugal, is still under questioning. His next job (with Hearts or esle) is likely to provide a lot of answers.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 15:48
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Isn't Hearts' owner a Russian guy?

R.I.P Ari

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 16:03
Rising Star

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv & Ukrainian National
I think your right, Hearts are looking to stay in the top 2 of
Scotland,
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 16:19 Thread Starter
Rising Star

We are owned by Vladimir Romanov, a Russian born Lithuanian citizen. He's quite controversial and is often in the press criticising the SFA, which is completely justified. We're definately a club going places, so our next appointment must be the right one.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 16:24
Xtratime Elite

Aren't Hearts and Hibs in the process of building a five star stadium to challenge the Old Firm financially?

R.I.P Ari
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 16:40 Thread Starter
Rising Star

We are trying to aquire land around our stadium so we can expand it. Basically, our city council is completely inept and don't like promoting sport, or sucess at any meaningful level and so are doing their best to block us by listening to some pretty pathetic complaints from local residents. For example, we need to demolish a nursery, so we've offered a fair sum for the land, plus offering to put them up in temporary accomodation. The locals knocked this back, saying they want £6 Million so they can build a nursery with educational pyschologists and other nonsensical stuff. Hopefully the council will see sense and go for the greater good, it will take time but hopefully it will happen.

Any other thoughts on Mikhailichenko? The Hearts support is a bit underwhelmed by the choice, basically because we know so littke about him.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 17:21
Rising Star

i thought hearts were going to get a world class manager . isnt that what romanov said and youre fans beleived him like always. romanov made a huge mistake in sacking burley he is the only good manager he has hired. i heard a rumour (i dont beleive it) that hearts are to play at murrayfield next year is this true.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 17:26 Thread Starter
Rising Star

We finished 2nd and won a Scottish cup, remind me where the wee team finished with their simian-faced messiah Tony Mowbray? Ultimately, its Romanov's club and he runs it the way he wants to, we've come a LONG way in 12 months and even the most deluded of wee teamers can't deny that.
And no, there are no immediate plans to play at Murrayfield, although I accept that we might have to move there for a season or two when Tynecastle is redeveloped. The thing is, little is known about Mikhailichenko as a manager in this country, which is why I'm asking folk here!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 17:32
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsfan
We finished 2nd and won a Scottish cup, remind me where the wee team finished with their simian-faced messiah Tony Mowbray? Ultimately, its Romanov's club and he runs it the way he wants to, we've come a LONG way in 12 months and even the most deluded of wee teamers can't deny that.
And no, there are no immediate plans to play at Murrayfield, although I accept that we might have to move there for a season or two when Tynecastle is redeveloped. The thing is, little is known about Mikhailichenko as a manager in this country, which is why I'm asking folk here!
hibs have achevied plenty under tony mowbray. we dont need money when we have good young players which that pr!ck petrie keeps selling. i cant argue youve came a long way you have but what happens when romanov leaves? mikhalichenko is a pretty good manager if he can get ukraine to the final and i think he would do well at hearts. i just dont think you guys can finish 2nd next season unless celtic become really poor. we know that we can finish third but now the yams can make good signings were gonna have to battle against youse for third.
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 17:55 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Believe it or not, I think Scottish football needs a strong Hibs side although for selfish reasons as its useful for teams to beat the Old Firm. (Especially when they have a thing for conceeding 4 goals against us, hohoho) How do you replace the 40 goals a season you'd get in Riordan and O'Connor? Killen looks decent but is injury prone. Anyway, this is a thread about Mikhailichenko, ha!
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 17:59
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsfan
Believe it or not, I think Scottish football needs a strong Hibs side although for selfish reasons as its useful for teams to beat the Old Firm. (Especially when they have a thing for conceeding 4 goals against us, hohoho) How do you replace the 40 goals a season you'd get in Riordan and O'Connor? Killen looks decent but is injury prone. Anyway, this is a thread about Mikhailichenko, ha!
i know it is supposed to be about mikha! but i like talking about hibs, were supposed to be signing a decent cb that should stop the 4-0 thing:smileani: killen could be our 20 a season striker as could the guy who scored the winner against the yams "BENJI"
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 19:08
Xtratime Elite

Guys I'm just wondering, how is the fan base for football in Scotland distibuted, percentage wise, top five lcubs would do.

thanks for the info

R.I.P Ari
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 19:12
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Guys I'm just wondering, how is the fan base for football in Scotland distibuted, percentage wise, top five lcubs would do.

thanks for the info
probably
30%celtic
30%rangers
15%hearts
15%hibs
5%aberdeen used to be higher than hibs and hearts but in recent years have dropped. i judge the percentages on all the games ive been to where there have been sell outs. the rest would be the other teams.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 19:16
Xtratime Elite

thanks, every other time I asked someone the Rangers and Celtic fans wouldn't tell me a thing.

R.I.P Ari
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 19:26 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Here's an actual source, Hearts have always been a bigger side than Hibernian http://www.roymorgan.com/news/press-releases/2006/490/
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2006, 21:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Good for Mykha,he has no place to go now in uke football unless being senior national coach who is very unlikely to happen..
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old June 7th, 2006, 05:05
Rising Star

Two words ....

R.I.P Hearts

But good news for u-21 tho! Miha is not a good coach, and to get in the finals took some preety big nerves to do that. He is not stable and in important matches team is scared and weak, always. Not a good future is ahead with him.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2006, 22:02 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Any other, more positive opinions please? Haha, the Scottish media seem sure that he'll be appointed and will bring Oleg Kuznetsov with him as his assistant. There are also rumours that he wants to bring Milevskyi in as his first signing, though I can't see why he'd leave Kiev for Hearts.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2006, 22:06
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
There's no way, Milevsky will go to Hearts...
After his sublime performacne in WYC2005 and EYC2006, he'll be targeted by bigger teams...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in