Cup: Karpaty-Dynamo - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 399 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 00:26 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Cup: Karpaty-Dynamo

There been lots of small discussions opening up thruout the forum about this exciting fixture in the Ukrainian Cup
There are some in Karpaty thread https://www.xtratime.org/forums/showt...88#post3756788, some in Dynamo forum https://www.xtratime.org/forums/showt...36#post3756836 etc
So i thought I would make this new topic only for this game...

So, if you wanna talk about the game, come here, and dont go off-topic elsewhere p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 399 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 03:32
True-Kozak

Might be a little off topic but its still about the game. Theres probably going to be soooooo much fighting with fans. DK wont take a little bit of fans to Lviv like SD did, they'll take as much as possible...Some will probably even go around pubs in Lviv if they cant get tickets to the game.....Im looking forward to some cool ultras pics p
post #3 of 399 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 05:06
True-Kozak

Lviv will be crazy that night...Im sure people who dont even like football in Lviv will be watching this game at home or in a pub..Its so crucial that KL dont concede any goals, in my opinion...Victory is possible for Karpaty, but not if they give up the first goal, in my opinion. I think 2 - 0 is the ideal scoreline for Karpaty to get, I know they wont get more goals then that, so its all up to how well they defend. 1 - 0 is good too, but its dangerous..Im not sure how Karpaty will play away from home without all the support.....A Dynamo win in this game and I dont think KL have mcuh of a chance in Kyiv, and a tie, they will still have a chance, but just barely.

post #4 of 399 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 12:52 Thread Starter
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
I think even a 0:0 scoreline would be satisfactory (but of course we all hope for a win)
With a first game finishing 0:0, all we'd have to do is keep our goals "clean" in Kyiv and we'll actually might squeeze thru a goal...
Everything is possible...
post #5 of 399 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 13:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
Might be a little off topic but its still about the game. Theres probably going to be soooooo much fighting with fans. DK wont take a little bit of fans to Lviv like SD did, they'll take as much as possible...Some will probably even go around pubs in Lviv if they cant get tickets to the game.....Im looking forward to some cool ultras pics p
I dont like this shit,it has nothing to do with football,i hope that at least in the Stadium there will be no problem.....maybe special security measures should be taken in Lviv,like special policy forces follow Dynamo fans from Kyiv......
post #6 of 399 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 16:08
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
I don't see why'd they fight, both sets of fans are ultra-right wing and anti-Russian.

R.I.P Ari
post #7 of 399 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 20:01
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, UNT, Valencia
Well I don't really have a huge problem with Karpaty losing quite soundly to Kyiv over the two legs. But, whats the point of that?

This could be the biggest anti-climax final in the history of the Kubok. Kyiv will come into the final and crush their opposition as usual. They don't really need another Ukrainian Cup (well, winning th double over the Miners would be nice; think of the bigger picture), Karpaty need this final more than anyone still standing. A Persha Liga team to go to Europe could be a little problematic in Ukraine and for the UFF (if Surkis doesn't restrain himself), but either way, the UEFA Cup spot is going to be wasted.

Dynamo will no doubt go to the CL next year and lets hope they get back to the Group Stages this time round! So they will definately not need this final. I think I can safely say that both Illichivets (Who had a summer clearance sale of the 1st team) and Zapor (great coach but such a mixed bag of players!) are not going to do us proud in Europe.

I think this Karpaty-Dynamo game should be a good test for Karpaty, but they are HUGE outsiders to say the least. Shakhtar created plenty of chances but Shust was great on the day. And if you can't beat them - buy them! Different story with Dynamo though, players have a stronger mentality and thus also travel better. The biggest factor is the 2 legs, and I don't see how Lviv could hold out.

As for UEFA Cup next year;

If there is a God, let Metalurh D choke, because that exactly what they do in Europe, so we don't need them in 3rd spot come end of the year. They have been given plenty of chances, but just don't clear the final hurdle; so its time for Sevydov to plan for the future. Chornomorets are FAAAR outsdiers, but how we all wish for Dnipro to string together a huge run of results and return to the comp.

We should think of the big picture, and I want to be a dreamer and see Karpaty in the UEFA Cup. You know who ever they will play it will be a huge event for the city and a packed stadium. Either way it will be great to finally see a Western Ukrainian team in Europe, and a bonus if it was such a proud and resurgent club as Lviv.

Its simple, the best think for Ukrainian football is for Karpaty to win the Cup. Will that happen? My opinion - NO.
post #8 of 399 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 20:35
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Athletic Club, FC Utrecht & VVV-Venlo
Hey matey's, as most of you are Karpay and (!) Dynamo fans (right?)... who do you support?

In other words, if you had to choose, in which stand would you follow the match?
post #9 of 399 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2006, 20:47
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well i believe that Rebrov and Kozak will support Dynamo,Roman of course will support Karpaty......

I hope that Dnipro can finnish third in the league and that Zaporizha will go to Uefa Cup,sadly Karpaty will not go because they have to beat Dynamo in 180 min to do that......

I would prefer Karpaty to Zaporizha in europe but they were unluckly with the draw......
post #10 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 00:01
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, UNT, Valencia
Oh yeah, Dynamo all the way. But I'm also a fan of Ukrainian football so I would not mind Karpaty claiming some sort of miracle win over Kyiv.
post #11 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 00:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebrov
Oh yeah, Dynamo all the way. But I'm also a fan of Ukrainian football so I would not mind Karpaty claiming some sort of miracle win over Kyiv.
Very unlikely to happen,unless Karpaty can make a great result in Lviv,winning by tree goals or something like that......
post #12 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 00:50
True-Kozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleber
Well i believe that Rebrov and Kozak will support Dynamo,Roman of course will support Karpaty......

I hope that Dnipro can finnish third in the league and that Zaporizha will go to Uefa Cup,sadly Karpaty will not go because they have to beat Dynamo in 180 min to do that......

I would prefer Karpaty to Zaporizha in europe but they were unluckly with the draw......

Im not sure who Ill support, Ill figure that out in a few days from now. My first love (DK) or my true love (KL)

Oh, and in my opinion, the best clubs to go to Europe other then DK, and SD in the premier league are, in order, Dnipro, Chornomorets', either of the Kharkiv teams, and maybe Volyn'.
post #13 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 02:15
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Im not sure who Ill support, Ill figure that out in a few days from now. My first love (DK) or my true love (KL)

Oh, and in my opinion, the best clubs to go to Europe other then DK, and SD in the premier league are, in order, Dnipro, Chornomorets', either of the Kharkiv teams, and maybe Volyn'.
Hey Kozak,the first time is always the first time,so you should stay with Dynamo,how can we forget our first time....

I dislike Volyn..... :thmbdown:
post #14 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 02:37
True-Kozak

Quote:
Hey Kozak,the first time is always the first time,so you should stay with Dynamo,how can we forget our first time....

I dislike Volyn..... :thmbdown:

yea....Im leaning towards supporting DK...So what if Im western Ukrainian? Unless Im a liar to myself, I want Ukraine to be ONE, big Ukraine, Central, east, west, north, south, etc, so it shouldnt matter, even if I supported Shakhtar Donetsk - The key is that I support a club from Ukraine . Dynamo Kyiv - Forever
post #15 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 02:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
yea....Im leaning towards supporting DK...So what if Im western Ukrainian? Unless Im a liar to myself, I want Ukraine to be ONE, big Ukraine, Central, east, west, north, south, etc, so it shouldnt matter, even if I supported Shakhtar Donetsk - The key is that I support a club from Ukraine . Dynamo Kyiv - Forever
Well said Kozak. ,but maybe Shakhtar is not such a good idea..
post #16 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 03:06
True-Kozak

Quote:
Well said Kozak. ,but maybe Shakhtar is not such a good idea..
Even if I do end up supporting Karpaty, DK will have a place in my heart forever
post #17 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 03:08
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Even if I do end up supporting Karpaty, DK will have a place in my heart forever
I realy dont know what to say more Kozak,maybe you should do like Roman says,go support Nyva Ternopil......
post #18 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 03:37
True-Kozak

Quote:
I realy dont know what to say more Kozak,maybe you should do like Roman says,go support Nyva Ternopil......

Maybe Ill support Obolon' Kyiv, just to go completely different
post #19 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 12:41
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Maybe Ill support Obolon' Kyiv, just to go completely different
Better Rava Rava Ruska.....
post #20 of 399 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 15:13
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty Lviv & Ukraine
Quote:
Kozak, common, man, are you really going to root for DK? Get rid of this identity crisis! If you're a real True Kozak, you must go with Karpaty Lviv. What kind of fun is to support DK in this game anyway? They are such huge favorites that it makes supporting them plain boooring. To root for DK in this game will mean that you must go crazy for DK after KL takes this game to overtime. Are you really ready to do that??? :eekani: Your only chance to experience a real joy in this game is to support KL!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in