post #1 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 12:35 Thread Starter
Rookie

World Cup 2006!!!

I know it's early but were all excited.

22 Ukrainians carrying our dreams!

GK;

Sasha, Startsev, Kernozenko

D;

Federov, Rusol, Yerezeskiy, Nesmachniy, Vaschuk, Radchenko, Shevchuk, Checher?

M;

Tymo, Shelaev, Husyev, Rotan, Husyn, Vorobey, Shyshenko

CF

Shevchenko, Voronin, Belik, Rebrov

Do we think Aliev has any hope of going.

I believe he could make an intrguing addition to the squad, even more so by his recent youth championship exploits!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 14:31
Premier Player

Teams: Fiorentina
i only know Vaschuk,Vorobey,Sheva,Voronin,Rebrov... i hope the other go play for proper teams soon

FIORENTINA PALMARES

Serie A : 1956,1969
Coppa Italia : 1940,1961,1966,1975,1996,2001
Super Coppa Italia : 1996
Europe Cup II : 1961

more to come

Gabriel Batistuta

Fiorentina 269 matches/165 goals

Luca Toni

If defenders were allowed to use their hands,they would pray.
post #3 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 19:22
Star Player

Teams: Shakhtar Donetsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceukrainian
I know it's early but were all excited.

22 Ukrainians carrying our dreams!

GK;

Sasha, Startsev, Kernozenko

D;

Federov, Rusol, Yerezeskiy, Nesmachniy, Vaschuk, Radchenko, Shevchuk, Checher?

M;

Tymo, Shelaev, Husyev, Rotan, Husyn, Vorobey, Shyshenko

CF

Shevchenko, Voronin, Belik, Rebrov

Do we think Aliev has any hope of going.

I believe he could make an intrguing addition to the squad, even more so by his recent youth championship exploits!
Won't they be 23, I mean our representatives in Germany??

I have a feeling it would be better to substitute Kernozenko for another goalkeeper. Kernoz has lost his reliability since the beginning of this year. :depress: However, I can't say who must be the third goalkeeper for sure, probably Artem Kusliy, Vitaliy Rudenko or Bogdan Shust.

Defenders: I don't think Vashchuk is capable of playing at the world summit. I don't think we need so many defenders overall, so I would sacrifice his place in the squad to add another halfback (I guess, Nazarenko?) or striker. :smileani:

At last, I don't understand what Rebrov has accomplished to earn the honourable place in the squad. AFAIR, his last useful action (in official matches) on the pitch belongs to the epoque of Szabo's National Team...

And no Aliev, I beg you!! Unless he shows really big something at a serious level before the World Cup certainly, but I don't see where he can show that this season...

AVISO

MAU HUMOR

CAI FORA

post #4 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 19:50
Rising Star

Vaschuk and Rebrov = players who couldn't quite hack it at international level. I Don't remember them leading Ukraine to any tournaments. Didn't need them when Ukraine won 3-0 in Turkey, don't need them now.

the backup keepers should be Startsev and Virt.
post #5 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2005, 19:58
Premier Player

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv, UNT, Valencia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucaToni
i only know Vaschuk,Vorobey,Sheva,Voronin,Rebrov... i hope the other go play for proper teams soon
Excuse me?
post #6 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2005, 01:42
Rising Star

I say stick to the players that have played through all the qualifiers and got the result, I hope Reva gets form back at Tavrya, maybe bring Bliznyuk back ...maybe not
post #7 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2005, 05:06
Rising Star

Teams: Dynamo Kyiv & Ukrainian National
Vaschuk and Rebrov won't get the call, Aliev is an interesting suggestion.. but he would get little to no action at all. We're hoping that Shevchenko and Voronin play all 90 minutes of every game, unless we have a 3-0 lead
post #8 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2005, 17:56
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Why not Aliev? He can be a difference amker with those sick set pieces.

R.I.P Ari
post #9 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 10th, 2005, 17:59
Legend

Teams: Milan l'č on gran Milan
hey guys
how many players of the ukranian national team where in the dynamo kiev team that made it to the UCL semifinals that lost against matthaus' bayern?
post #10 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2005, 04:15
Premier Player

That was definately a very crushing game. Soo very close, but those two late away goals in Kyiv were just too much.

Anyway to answer your question:

We had a very young Shovkovsky in goals,

Vaschuk was there in defense.

Midfield we had Husin

Foward line we had Shevchenko and Rebrov.

I wouldn't say that Vaschuk and Rebrov are key players for the national team anymore, as they are infact fringe players now. So only three have remained as regulars.

But back then Kyiv was more-or-less Ukraine. Kossovsky, Luzhny, Holovko, Maximov, Dmitrulin, Kaladze were all in their prime also and all of them (besides Kaladze obviously) were big parts of the national team. Remember Konovalov and Kormiltsev too...

In that 98-99 campaign btw Shevchenko was the leading goalscorer in the whole Champions League with 11 goals, whilst Rebrov was equal second with eight (tied with Yorke I think...it was a long time ago I could be wrong). So clearly that's what Kyiv need again; a prolific forward to get the team places. I actually think overall the team has improved in terms of depth and general quality- but fowards are a big problem. The fact that Kyiv have some of the worst scouts in the world is also no suprise if you look at some of our recent acquisitions
post #11 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2005, 04:28
True-Kozak

Quote:

Its ok, all our players already play for proper clubs. Maybe the Fiorentina players should go play for real clubs soon though
post #12 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2005, 04:40
Premier Player

So with this 22-man squad heading off to Germany what do you guys think is out biggest problem? By that I mean from the selection of players that is available to Blokhin what is our weakest area?

Does anyone think any new players will be trialled and could somehow get a suprise call-up. Aliev has been mentioned. But he is simply not ready. Our biggest problem is in right back I think, but our best four which is undoubtebly Fedorov, Yezersky, Rusol, Nesmachny seem to be able to cope. I just don't like the idea of Vaschuk coming back into the frame of things. Highly doubt Checher will ever be selected too. Need better depth and a right back! Radchenko, Vaschuk, and Shevchuk - all look very shacky to me and if just one regular defender is out- we have to throw one of these guys in :depress:

Just on the call up of the goalkeepers: Shovkovsky doesnt get injured often so second choice will be Starstev, but I doubt he will even get to play. Third choice- forget about bringing Virt or Kornezenko. Ive said this before; Blokhin had to make a CALCULTED GAMBLE and take a good young keeper- and just throw him into the deep end. Getting a young keeper exposed to the highest level of football (aka Germany) will do wonders for his development, and just getting him to train with the team, and be part of the atmosphere could be of huge benefit. Like I said 99% chance is he wont even play but- that's why there is no point of bringing another expereinced keeper.

Kostja (and I have too! ) mentioned Vitaliy Rudenko, but he is the same age as Startsev (or there abouts) so I think Artem Kusliy is a good idea. Also we have brought up Bogdan Shust before too (Karpaty have to really get promoted btw ) and I was also thinking Eugene Shyryaev...

I guess in that aspect - it could make sense to bring Aliev too.
post #13 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2005, 16:42
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Kozak ur right, this guy's basically saying that Fiorentina is more worthy than Dynamo Keiv :dielaugh: I don't like DK btu Fiorentina will never mean what Dynamo means and they will never achieve what Dynamo has.

R.I.P Ari
post #14 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2005, 18:00
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Quote:
Well, you dont know them because they all play in Ukrainian domestic league
Hopefully you and other ppl will get to know them better after the WC finals next year

I would be very worried for Dnipro - half of their team are ukrainian internationals and after the WC they all (probably) will be targeted by bigger European clubs and its gonna be very very hard to hold on to these players especially if Dnipro doesnt qualify for Europe next season... Looking at how they started this season, Id say its an imposible task for them... Metalist and Metalurh D look much better right now...
They only chance IMO is through the Urkainian cup...

Anyway, good luck, UNT!!!
post #15 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2005, 00:42
Legend

Teams: Milan l'č on gran Milan
I like Dynamo, what have you guys won in the international stage?
I know fiorentina made it to a european cup final, I believe they lost against madrid
post #16 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2005, 00:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmilan1
I like Dynamo, what have you guys won in the international stage?
I know fiorentina made it to a european cup final, I believe they lost against madrid
Two cup winners cup in 75 and 86,also a european supercup in 75.
Of course this cup winners cup it is over, the last edition was played in 99, Lazio has won it if i am not wrong.
post #17 of 1478 (permalink) Old September 18th, 2005, 00:57
Premier Player

Do we care to mention the Soviet and post Soviet titles too?
post #18 of 1478 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2005, 22:31
World Class Player

World Cup 2006!!!

After yesterdays play-off games we now know ALL 32 finalist... All of which have been put in the following pots:

POT 1:
=> Germany
=> Brazil
=> Spain
=> Italy
=> Argentina
=> Mexico
=> England
=> France

POT 2:
=> Netherlands
=> Portugal
=> Sweden
=> Croatia
=> Serbia & Montenegro
=> Poland
=> Switzerland
=> Czech Republic

POT 3:
=> Ukraine
=> Paraguay
=> Ecuador
=> Korea
=> Japan
=> Saudi Arabia
=> Iran
=> Australia

POT 4:
=> USA
=> Costa Rica
=> Trinidad & Tobago
=> Cote d'Ivoire
=> Ghana
=> Tunisia
=> Togo
=> Angola

So we'll definetely wont get matched up with Australia...
But im also glad that we wont get neither Korea, Japan nor Iran.. All of these teams could be dark horses, especially the Asian teams... They seem to never get tired (judging from the last WC)...

From the last pot I think the strongest would be Costa Rica (again jusding from the last world cup), but the US have progressed a lot sicne the mid 90's... and so cant be udnerestimated...

Also since all of the African teams are there for the first time, they are all udnerdogs for me and its gonna be difficult to play them (hopefully it will rain that day in Germany... p )

Im surprised that the Czech are in the second pot... IMO they are the strongest team from that pot and it would be tricky if we get them... Surprised to see Swiss team there, but they did get out the group in which they played France, Ireland and UNBEATEN in the whole campaign Israel...

From spot number 1, i cant see us getting matched up with anyone BUT BRAZIL!!! I want to get them sooo much... I dont really care how the game finishes (agh ofcourse I care), but I just wanna play them soooo much... lol p
post #19 of 1478 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2005, 23:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: dinamo kyiv,benfica,and russian sport
Roman are you sure about this? :undecide:
post #20 of 1478 (permalink) Old November 18th, 2005, 00:06
World Class Player

Its not official, but very very possible...
FIFA will decide on the official seedings on the 6th of December (3 days before the actual draw)... At the moment it is kept in secret HOW FIFA will decide the seedings...
There is another posibility, in which btw Ukraine will be placed in Pot 4, but I think its unlikely...

If any changes will be made to this seedings, they will be minor IMHO...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in