Congratulations Ukraine from Serbia - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 13:00 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Borac Banja Luka
Congratulations Ukraine from Serbia

Congratulations our Ukrainian Orthodox brothers from Serbia.

The first team through & the first time you guys are through since gaining independence from Russia. It's great to see a slavic brother country through & I cheer Ukraine on to greater things.

GRAEMO ZA UKRAJINA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 13:45
Star Player

Yep, and СЛАВА УКРАĎНІ (z Anglii).
Hope Serbia-Montenegro spank Spain as well.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 16:32
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
After Russia i always support Serbia. And i'm sure u Ukrainians have ehard it a hundred times by now from my fellow Russians....Congrats and happy WC 2006 Sheva!

R.I.P Ari

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 17:06
True-Kozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMegaFuk
Congratulations our Ukrainian Orthodox brothers from Serbia.

The first team through & the first time you guys are through since gaining independence from Russia. It's great to see a slavic brother country through & I cheer Ukraine on to greater things.

GRAEMO ZA UKRAJINA!

Thanks, although not all of us are Orthodox p. Good luck to Srbija on Wednesday, huge game vs Spain. Hopefully I can watch it somewhere .
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2005, 23:32
Rising Star

One day all the slavic countries will be in the world cup. That would be great! Serbia is a strong team, good luck against the spaniards!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 09:38 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Borac Banja Luka
True, a small proportion are Greek Catholic. But Ukraine is the origin and heart of the slavs & that comes first cause I love em all from Czechs to Poles to Russians.

www.ukrainiansoccer.net
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 10:21
World Class Player

Teams: Inter Milan, Macedonia NT
Congratulations! Ill be cheering for you guys next year no doubt!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 16:08
True-Kozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMegaFuk
True, a small proportion are Greek Catholic. But Ukraine is the origin and heart of the slavs & that comes first cause I love em all from Czechs to Poles to Russians.

www.ukrainiansoccer.net

There is alot of Ukrainian Catholics as well, which is the same as Roman Catholic but with some different rules here and there . Glad you like Slavs, and come to think of it, I guess we are the origin of Slavs I never thought of that
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 18:46
International

Teams: Juventus, Forza Azzuri
I love Czech girls, does that count?? Anyways, pozdravliau s pobedoi, zelau udachi v Germanii. Uvidimsya tam.

Hayeri dem xax chka!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 18:50
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecino
I love Czech girls, does that count?? Anyways, pozdravliau s pobedoi, zelau udachi v Germanii. Uvidimsya tam.
I can understand some of what you wrote.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 18:51
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by True-Kozak
There is alot of Ukrainian Catholics as well, which is the same as Roman Catholic but with some different rules here and there . Glad you like Slavs, and come to think of it, I guess we are the origin of Slavs I never thought of that
Isnt the main difference between Orthodox and Ukrainian Catholic that Ukrainian Catholic believes that the Pope is the head of the church?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 19:08
Xtratime Elite

Teams: CSKA, Russia aka EE's Team
Ukrainian Catholics share virtually the same traditions as Orthodox Christians, but they recognize the Pope and we don't. So u're basically right Krupa.

R.I.P Ari
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 20:30
True-Kozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitriy
Ukrainian Catholics share virtually the same traditions as Orthodox Christians, but they recognize the Pope and we don't. So u're basically right Krupa.
What he said p. Yea, I think Ukrainian Catholic is pretty close to Orthodox..A difference is our Christmas (I think although we celebrate it on the 7th as well for some reason . So Im not sure about the christmas. Btw, pretty much 3 months untill Christmas! I cant wait, I dont even know what I want yet p). And like he said, we recognize the pope as our leader.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old September 5th, 2005, 23:16
World Class Player

Teams: Karpaty & Arsenal
Thank you everyone!!!
Im delighted for our boys... Just read an article about how devastated the players were after conceding that late goal, then how they postponed their flight to Ukraine to wait for the result in Turkey... Then how happy they were when Denmark were infront at half time and how puzzled they got after Turkey came back in the second half to lead 2:1...
They were all either sitting or standing still hoping Dans could score... Some players were already thinking ahead of the Wednesdays game saying that its gonna be a real slaughter in Kyiv!!!...
Then incredibly when almost everyone lost hope (except Tymoschuk, the team captain who was still saying "The Dans will score any minute now" after the game entered the additional time), a number of mobile phones started ringing almost at the same time and those who managed to pick up the phone first simply screamed "2:2!!!!!!!!!!!" "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"
And then the party began... The players picked up Blokhin and caried him in celebration...
The party continued in Kyiv upon the arival of the team... Thats an unbelievable feeling... Im so jelous of those people who could be there at that time, but im still absolutely delighted for the country and the fans!!!
Btw, when a reporter speaking with Blokhin said that he has achieved the goal he promised and asked what is his next goal with UNT, Oleh simply said "Put it like this: we gonna win the World Cup!" lol Quite ambitious, but thats exactly the spirit we need if we want to do well... Teams with a "hope we wont lose badly and embarass ourselves" attitude have never achieved anything... Confidence and believe must be our main strenght!!!

P.S. I really hope that Croatia and Serbia & Montenegro can make it... Spain is not as strong as it seems on paper at the moment and if the players have the believe and motivation, they can get the result they desire...
Good luck to you all!!!

P.P.S. After this draw agaisnt Georgia, we dropped into the 3rd pot for the EuroCup 2008....
http://kassiesa.com/uefaforum/view.p...fce0a8c1c3066e
Although Romania have only 1 game left as opposed to us having 2 more games to play...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in