Czech Soccer nostalgia Thread - Xtratime Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 428 (permalink) Old December 11th, 2002, 11:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Star Player

Czech Soccer nostalgia Thread

This is the Official Czech Soccer Thread All Articles, opinons and stuff such as the Czech League and National Team Senior and the magnificent Youth Teams the Czechs seem to produce in here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 428 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2003, 19:50
Rookie

Teams: Juventus, Dortmund, Liverpool, Czech Republic
Nedved is always said to be the best Czech ever but i'm not sure anymore, with the likes of Rosicky and Baros coming through.

But Nedved is still my favourite player in the world

people who support capital punishment should be executed
post #3 of 428 (permalink) Old January 7th, 2003, 00:46
International

Teams: Hrvatska, HNK Rijeka
http://anagramgenius.com/archive/milanb.html

a pretty funny site for any Milan Baros fans...lol

Još Hrvatska ni propala dok mi živimo,
visoko se bude stala kad ju zbudimo.
Ak je dugo tvrdo spala, jača hoće bit,
ak je sada u snu mala, će se prostranit.

#weare
#youmostlikelyarenot

post #4 of 428 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2003, 20:00
Rising Star

Teams: Olomouc
Czech clubs are currently in the middle of their winter training. I know Simga play Puchov Slovak 1st division and won 3-2 (in Hranice) a few days ago. I believe they play Petrazalka <sp> on Jan 18th.

For anyone who wants to see some pictures I took of Sigma Olomouc and other Czech clubs this summer.... including the Sigma away UEFA Cup match in Sarajevo.

http://www.geocities.com/sigmanorthamerica/index.html
post #5 of 428 (permalink) Old January 18th, 2003, 07:01
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Teams: INTER & Tottenham Hotspur
Teplice Borrow Gabriel From Kaiserslautern.
Latest News | Latest Transfer News | News Archive

01/17/2003. FK Teplice have successfully negotiated a deal that will see Czech international Petr Gabriel join them on loan from German strugglers 1. FC Kaiserslautern.

The 29-year-old defender was never able to make an impact in the Bundesliga due to never-ending series of injuries since he arrived in Germany after an impressive Euro 2000 campaign.

Gabriel's first official match against his new club will be on February 16 against the team that he made himself a name with, Sparta Prague.

soccerage

My heart = INTER...No Matter Win or Lose...

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #6 of 428 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2003, 07:23
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Berger Confirms He Will Leave Liverpool
Latest News | Latest Transfer News | News Archive

01/29/2003. Czech Republic international Patrik Berger has confirmed he will leave Liverpool at the end of the season.

The 29-year-old midfielder has been plagued by injuries and consequently has fallen well down the pecking order for a place in Liverpool's first team.

He told LFC Magazine: "If I'm not going to be playing then there's not much point in staying here. It would be better for me to go somewhere else.

"My contract expires in five months and so I have to do something. I should be fit to play 90 minutes by the end of March, but after that there are only six weeks until the end of the season. I don't think anything will change at that time. I think that at the end of the season I'll be going."

soccerage

Zanetti : I still remember my first day at Inter. I arrived with a plastic bag with my boots inside and I crossed the crowd of fans who were asking who I was. That's where it all started.....
post #7 of 428 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2003, 13:36
Rising Star

Teams: FC Red Star Belgrade
go milan baros!!!!!! very good player

FC RED STAR 4-EVA !!!
post #8 of 428 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2003, 17:53
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: FRANCE
FRANCE - CZECH REP

Hey guys,

I wanted to know how you felt before this match (scheduled for the 12nd of february)? I hope we get a good match... and also hope we win it by a large margin .

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!! Avec vous dans la victoire comme dans la défaite!






post #9 of 428 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2003, 04:23
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

International Friendly Report: Street-Wise Czechs Ease Past France
France - Czech Rep. | Latest News | News Archive

02/12/2003. The Czech Republic have recorded a super 2-0 win over France in the Stade de France.

It took just seven minutes for the Czechs to move ahead when Zinedine Zidane lost the ball in midfield and Zdenek Grygera's long range shot flew into the top of the net. It was a mistake by Ulrich Rame who having got a hand on the ball, should have tipped it over.

The visitors then went on to look much the more threatening until the last third of the half. Zidane fired a fierce shot wide from outside the box, before Vachoucek volleyed wide from inside the area at the other end.

The last action of the half saw Zidane dribble to the edge of the area only to blast over with a clear site at goal.

The half time interval brought three changes. Robert Pires was introduced along with Patrick Vieira and David Trezeguet.

On 52 minutes, Tomas Ujfalusi headed a corner wide at the near post, before Trezeguet shanked over a very presentable chance from close range. The offside flag saved his blushes, though.

William Gallas then fired another shot over the bar when the ball fell to him inside the area.

A minute later France were two behind when the impressive substitute Milan Baros played a fine one-two before curling low past Rame.

On 70 minutes he was unlucky not to have won a penalty when being brought down by Gallas in the area.

France, though, still carried a threat and the lively Djibril Cisse headed wide, before receiving a great ball from Zidane, skipping past two players, only to see his side-footed effort blocked by the keeper.

On 88 minutes Rame, who had had a far from convincing night, saved a low goal-bound effort from Pavel Nedved.

The latter stages saw France have difficulty to penetrate a congested midfield.

soccerage

post #10 of 428 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2003, 22:50
Rising Star

The second half of the Czech season starts this weekend.

It should be interesting to see how Sparta plays in the second half after they sold a few players and hired a new coach. I have a feeling that no one is going to catch them and they will take home yet another Czech league championship.

Sigma Olomouc opens on the road at Liberec. Sigma is coming off a good performance in games over the winter break. They beat a few Russian clubs, Yugoslavian and a Polish club. The big problem for Sigma in the first half of the season was scoring goals. They didn't seem to have a problem scoring goals during the games in winter training. They need to get off to a strong start because right now they are dangerously flirting with relegatoin.

Sigma has brought in new players and a new coach over the break, so it should be an interesting second half.

Sigma do toho!

Football in the Czech Republic and Macedonia

http://www.moravianfootball.blogspot.com
post #11 of 428 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2003, 09:43
Premier Player
Star Player

Teams: FRANCE
Re: FRANCE - CZECH REP

Quote:
Originally posted by hypno
Hey guys,

I wanted to know how you felt before this match (scheduled for the 12nd of february)? I hope we get a good match... and also hope we win it by a large margin .
Ouch!!we got our ass kicked.... You were simply better than us, nothing to add... Congrats and hope to see your team at euro 2004.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!! Avec vous dans la victoire comme dans la défaite!






post #12 of 428 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2003, 03:59
Rising Star

Sparta Prague lost 1-0 away to Teplice today... :dielaugh:

Divecky scored in the 90th minute.

http://fotbal.idnes.cz/db_fotbal.asp?online=7009830

It is always a great day when Sparta loses.

post #13 of 428 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2003, 05:01
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Uefa Cup Preview: Slavia Prague v Besiktas
Slavia Praha - Besiktas | Latest News | News Archive

Besiktas danger man Ilhan (Allsport)
02/19/2003. BACKGROUND

Slavia Prague have enjoyed some big wins in this year's competition, but Besiktas will be the favourites to emerge from this intriguing tie over two legs.

The Czech side have hit Belgian team Mouscron for five, thrashed Partizan Belgrade 5-1, and battered PAOK 4-0 in the previous round. They warmed up for this testing clash with a 4-0 hammering of Hradec Kralove at the weekend and will surely enter this tie with confidence high. Whether their fitness levels will be so, remains to be seen. That game was their first in the domestic league since November 25, due to the winter break.

Besiktas are in stunning form, and have won their last six Turkish Superlig games. They sit seven points clear at the top following a 2-1 win over Istanbulspor at the weekend. Inhan and Durson netted in the first 11 minutes of that match.

FORM GUIDE

Slavia Prague: Last Six Matches: WWWLWW

Little can be read into Slavia's recent form as they have played just one competitive match this year – the 4-0 defeat of Hradec Kralove. In the previous round of this competition they overcame a 1-0 first-leg defeat against PAOK to triumph 4-1 on aggregate.

Besiktas: Last Six Matches: WWWWWW

The recent form of Mircea Lucescu's side has been impeccable. Since the end of the winter break, they have taken out Fenerbahce (1-0), Kocaelispor (5-0) and Istanbulspor (2-1).

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

(Available Later)

soccerage

post #14 of 428 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2003, 07:13
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Uefa Cup Report: Slavia Prague Gain Advantage Over Besiktas
Slavia Praha - Besiktas | Latest News | News Archive

02/20/2003. A 62nd minute goal from Tomáš Došek gave Slavia Prague an impressive 1-0 win over Besiktas.

The game was never a classic, although it started positively when Karel Pitak's shot just went over the bar for Slavia.

On 25 minutes Oscar Cordoba had to be on his toes to save Rudolf Skacel's lob.

Just before the break, Sergen Yalçin came on for the injured Ahmet Yildirim and almost set up Ahmet Dursun. Tomáš Došek also saw an effort go wide for the home team.

Cordoba had to save a Došek shot after the break, before Skacel headed into the ground and on to the top of the Besiktas net.

After Ahmet Dursun had seen an effort go wide, Slavia took the lead through a fine chip by Došek. He ran on to Richard Dostálek's pass and took advantage of hesitancy by Zago to finish past Cordoba.

Brazilian defender Zago was sent-off late on for bringing his boots down on Pitak's head.

soccerage

post #15 of 428 (permalink) Old February 27th, 2003, 03:37
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Uefa Cup Preview: Besiktas v Sparta Prague
Besiktas - Slavia Praha | Latest News | News Archive

02/26/2003. BACKGROUND

Slavia Prague carry a 1-0 lead into this match, following a first-leg that never inspired.

For the Turks, that match signalled a first defeat in 28 competitive matches, although they'll still be the favourites to progress. After all, star striker Ilhan returns from suspension, and everyone remembers what a good World Cup he had. The bad news is that Brazilian defender Zago misses out after being sent-off for violent conduct last week.

Besiktas should certainly be in peak condition for this clash, as their game with Diyarbakirspor at the weekend was postponed due to this Uefa Cup game.

Slavia should be fresh, also, as they have only recently returned from their winter break.

Coach Miroslav Beránek seemed quietly confident after last week's first-leg win.

"It is a pity we did not take one more opportunity, but Besiktas defended very well," he said. "I am sure that we will also score a goal in Istanbul and it will be vital."

FORM GUIDE

Besiktas: Last Six Matches: WWWWWL

It perhaps demonstrates the weakness of the Turkish league that Besiktas' unbeaten run ended against Slavia ?hardly a European giant. Prior to that match Besiktas had beaten Bursaspor, Fenerbahce, Kocaelispor and Istanbulspor.

Slavia: Last Six Matches: WDLWWW

Since the end of Slavia's winter break they have beaten Hradec Kralove 4-0 in their domestic league, and Besiktas 1-0 in the first-leg of this Uefa Cup tie.

PROBABLE LINE-UPS

(Available Later)

soccerage

post #16 of 428 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2003, 06:03
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Uefa Cup Report: Besiktas Through To Quarters After Six-Goal Thriller
Besiktas - Slavia Praha | Latest News | News Archive

Ilhan scored the tie-winning goal for Besiktas (Allsport)
02/27/2003. Besiktas made it through to the quarter finals with a 4-2 win over Slavia Prague, but they were made to sweat.

Trailing 1-0 from the first-leg, Pancu levelled the tie before the break, and three goals in seven second-half minutes from Ronaldo Guiaro, Dursun, Ilhan Mansiz looked to have guided the Turks safely through.

However, Dostálek scored a penalty in the 76th minute, and Hrdlicka netted again with seven remaining, meaning Mircea Lucescu's side had no margin for error.

soccerage

post #17 of 428 (permalink) Old March 2nd, 2003, 23:42
Rising Star

Sigma finally won a game....

They beat Blsany 2-1 on the road thanks to two late goals in the second half. The win puts them two points above the relegation zone.

Sparta lost 3-2 to Ostrava :fero: :fero:

post #18 of 428 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2003, 04:24
Rising Star

Huge game this weekend between Holland and the Czech Republic. The Czechs have a full squad, so I am hoping for a victory. :fero:

post #19 of 428 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2003, 22:30
Rookie

Teams: Czech Republic, Liverpool
Looking forward to the game with Holland on Saturday! And Austria on Wednesday as well, of course. I hope the Czechs can avoid a defeat against Holland and beat Austria - that would put them into a great position. The Holland match is the big match though - is anyone here going to the game?

What team do you think Bruckner will pick? I think, as we are away to Holland, the team will be something like this:

-----------------------------------Cech

Grygera---------------Bolf----------------Ujfalusi--------------Jankulovski

----------------------------------Galasek

---Poborsky---------------------Rosicky---------------Nedved

--------------------------Smicer
---------------------------------------Koller

I would like to see Milan (Baros) play, but I think in difficult away games, Bruckner prefers to use a withdrawn striker behind Koller. Koller can then act as the 'target man', and Smicer is useful to create chances. As I say, it would be great to see Baros AND Koller against Holland - but I expect against Austria. It will be quite a strong bench against Holland, though - with Baros, Vachousek, Jarosik all available to come on. Should be a great game - and hopefully a Czech win.

Anyone have any idea of internet coverage for this game (audio/video)?

--------

CESI DO TOHO
post #20 of 428 (permalink) Old March 29th, 2003, 05:08
XT Post Number King
Xtratime Elite

Euro 2004 Qualifier : Holland V Czech Republic
Netherlands - Czech Rep. | Latest News | News Archive

Holland are in fine form (Allsport)
03/28/2003. BACKGROUND

The top two teams in Group Three meet on Saturday as Holland take on Czech Republic. They both have made a 100% start to their qualification campaigns and are widely tipped to finish in the top two at the end of the campaign, although the results between them will probably decide who tops the group and qualifies automatically.

These two teams were among the biggest names to miss out on last summers World Cup and their fans will both be demanding qualification to the 2004 European Championships, especially Holland, who continue to have an embarrassment of riches in areas of their squad.

TEAM FORM

Holland: WWWWWW

Dick Advocaat's side are in awesome form. They've won their last two high profile friendlies away to Germany (3-1) and at home to Argentina (1-0). They won their first two Group Three matches against Austria (3-0) and Belarus (3-0).

Czech Republic: WWWWDW

The Czech's are on a high from their 3-1 win away to France last month. It followed a 3-3 draw with Sweden in another friendly. That ended a run of five straight wins, including more friendly victories against Italy, Slovakia and Yugoslavia. So far in this group they've beaten Moldoca 2-0 and Belarus 2-0.

TEAM NEWS

With Edwin van der Sar injured both Ronald Waterreus and Sander Westerveld are fighting for the goalkeeping gloves. The Real Sociedad man is expected to get the nod. Ajax youngster Rafael van der Vaart is back in the squad after recovering from an injury that kept him out of the recent win over Argentina. Advocaat has the tough decision of naming two strikers from half dozen stars in that position. Ruud van Nistelrooy and Roy Makaay are two of the most inform strikers in Europe and will be difficult to be dropped.

Czech Republic coach Karel Bruckner has Borussia Dortmund striker Jan Koller available despite him needed stitches in a face wound sustained in a recent Bundesliga match.

SQUADS

Holland:

Goalkeepers: Ronald Waterreus (PSV Eindhoven), Sander Westerveld (Real Sociedad).

Defenders: Frank de Boer (Barcelona), Gionvanni van Bronckhorst (Arsenal), Andre Ooijer (PSV), Michael Reiziger (Barcelona), Fernando Ricksen (Rangers), Jaap Stam (Lazio).

Midfielders:Mark van Bommel (PSV), Paul Bosvelt (Feyenoord), Edgar Davids (Juventus), Clarence Seedorf (Milan), Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax), Boudewijn Zenden (Chelsea).

Forwards: Ronald de Boer (Rangers), Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Chelsea), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Manchester United), Pierre van Hooijdonk (Feyenoord), Andy van der Meyde (Ajax), Roy Makaay (Deportivo), Patrick Kluivert (Barcelona).

Czech Republic

Goalkeepers: Jaromir Blazek (Sparta Prague), Petr Cech (Stade Rennes)
Defenders: Rene Bolf (Banik Ostrava), Zdenek Grygera, Tomas Huebschman (both Sparta Prague), Marek Jankulovski (Udinese), Martin Jiranek (Reggina), Tomas Ujfalusi (Hamburg)
Midfielders: Richard Dostalek, Patrik Gedeon (both Slavia Prague), Tomas Galasek (Ajax Amsterdam), Jiri Jarosik (CSKA Moscow), Pavel Nedved (Juventus), Karel Poborsky (Sparta Prague), Tomas Rosicky (Borussia Dortmund), Vladimir Smicer (Liverpool)
Strikers: Milan Baros (Liverpool), Jan Koller (Borussia Dortmund), Vratislav Lokvenc (Kaiserslautern), Stepan Vachousek (Slavia Prague)

soccerage

==============

go czech republic... go rosicky... :fero:

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in