Lower divisions 2014/15 [R] - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2014, 07:47 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Teams: Olomouc
Lower divisions 2014/15 [R]

For discussion of the 2nd division, 3rd division etc...

My local team, Hana Prostejov, was playing in the 6th division, but they had to drop down to the 8th division because of lack of players.

Football in the Czech Republic and Macedonia

http://www.moravianfootball.blogspot.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old September 9th, 2014, 15:41
International

Teams: Parma, Bohemians, Cracovia
I thought you lived in Canada, do I remember correctly?

As for the second division - one of the most interesting seasons I expect. With hopefully 2 of Sigma/Opava/Zizkov being promoted.

NO AL CALCIO MODERNO
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old February 1st, 2015, 20:17 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Sigma are doing quite well after a slow start in the 2nd division. I expect them to win promotion.

Marco - I did live in Canada, but I have been living in Prostejov for the last 8 years. So, the Czech Republic is now my home

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2015, 10:43 Thread Starter
Rising Star

Sigma are back in the 1st div.

Varnsdorf (population 15,000) have also been promoted and will apparently play in Jablonec which is 60km away. Terrible decision.

Football in the Czech Republic and Macedonia

http://www.moravianfootball.blogspot.com
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old June 12th, 2015, 05:44
Premier Player

Teams: Czech Rep Nat, Sparta Praha, Chelsea, Moldavia
They will not play in 1st division as their owner and town don't have sufficient capital to play in a stadium that conforms to 1st division standards. Instead their promotion rights have been transferred to Zlin. This is a really bad situation for players, fans and the whole town who fought hard to win the promotion only to see it denied on financial grounds. However, small teams like Varnsdorf without capital and any fan base have no business playing in the top division. And this goes to the whole structure of Czech leagues and football. Simply stated, there are way too many teams in the top division, 16. There is not enough quality for the top league to have 16 clubs. I would like to see 8 teams in Synot Liga until there are more finances going to Czech football. It's unacceptable for the top division games to be watched by 1000-2000 spectators. And the quality of football is often horrendous. Slovacko didn't register a shot on goal playing bunker away against Plzen.

Czech football has been degrading for many many years and as a result it's no longer producing the top players we've used to watch 10-15 years ago. The last talent that was developed was Tomas Rosicky 15 yrs ago, and he's warming the bench at Arsenal. Contract the 1st league to 8 teams, make the 2nd division around 12 teams for starters. This way we'll get packed stadiums for Sparta-Slavia, Sparta-Plzen 4 times per season along with other more attractive match-ups. No need for games like Plzen-Budejovice, etc...And this set-up will benefit Czech teams in preparation for tough European matches and eventually help develop better players and bring more capital into the game. This will be a very tough decision to make but it's a right decision for the future of the football in CZ. Unfortunately, I don't see any will to change this status quo...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2015, 16:17
International

Teams: Parma, Bohemians, Cracovia
I can't even imagine a league consisting of 12 teams, let alone 8. I would absolutely hate it and I for sure would no longer be a season ticket holder. The potencial to increase the attendance is elsewhere. First: media coverage. Our first division is pretty entertaining and at least 50 % of the matches are quite enjoyable like in any other league in the world. However anybody who doesn't visit the matches would tell you - IT SUCKS. He has never watched it but he is sure it sucks. It is not true though. But we were told to love the EPL, CL, Barcelona and Real. We were told our league is a joke. We have been told that our stadiums are full of hooligans (LOL), the matches are decided in advance and I don't know what else. But it is NOT TRUE. Secondly: we need fans, not spectators. Just look at Poland. Would there be 20.000 attendances in Poznan hadn't it been for the great ultras? Do you think those are 20.000 spectators? No, those are mostly fans!

NO AL CALCIO MODERNO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in