Radoslav Kováč and the Hammers - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2009, 10:30 Thread Starter
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
Hammers move for midfielder

West Ham have made an offer for Spartak Moscow midfielder Radoslav Kovac according to their general director Valery Karpin.

The Czech Republic international has previously been linked with a move to Celtic and he is now attracting interest from another unnamed Premiership side and clubs in Spain.

West Ham's offer for the 29-year-old former Sparta Prague player, who can also play in the centre of defence, has been confirmed by Spartak Moscow general director Karpin.

"We have received a formal proposal for Kovac from West Ham in London, as well as another one in England and Spanish clubs," Karpin informed Sport Express.

"I cannot disclose the last ones' names.

"All of them will be considered, taking into account the views of the player, but the final decision may be taken as early as Wednesday."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2009, 21:43 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Official: Radoslav Kovac Joins West Ham United

The Czech defender has moved to east London on loan for the rest of the season, West Ham have confirmed this evening...

West Ham United have this evening confirmed that they have signed Czech Republic international Radoslav Kovac on loan until the end of the season from Russian side Zenit St-Petersburg.

The player, who will wear the number 14 shirt for the Hammers is a powerful central midfielder who can also use his 6'3" height in the centre of the defence. He has been Zenit's skipper, and has represented his nation at both the 2006 World Cup and Euro 2008.

"I've spent four great years at Spartak but now it's time for a change," the 29-year-old told Spartak's website today, before stressing that he was unlikely to be lonely in England.

"I have the phone numbers of my former Spartak team mates (Manchester United defender) Nemanja Vidic and (Tottenham Hotspur striker) Roman Pavlyuchenko so I can get in touch with them in England."

Hammers manager Gianfranco Zola was clearly delighted to have added a player of genuine international quality to his squad.

"I am pleased to have Radoslav here," the Italian told West Ham's official website.

"He has a lot of experience with the national team and he will give us competition in a midfield that is already very strong. I am sure he will help us with what we are trying to achieve this season."

West Ham chief executive Scott Duxbury was also able to confirm that the Hammers will have the option of making the deal a permanent one in the summer.

"I am delighted that we have managed to secure the services of a proven international like Radoslav ahead of interest from clubs at home and abroad. He brings considerable quality and will fit right into Gianfranco Zola's talented squad," Duxbury revealed, also to West Ham's website.

"The deal is such that the manager will be able to sign him permanently in th esummer if he so wishes."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2009, 21:47 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Radoslav Kováč and the Hammers

Anyone with a better title?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in