David Rozehnal @ SS Lazio - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2007, 05:44 Thread Starter
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Xtratime Legend

Teams: In Immers we trust
David Rozehnal @ SS Lazio

Dortmund wants to buy PSGs Rozehnal to replace Metzelder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old May 23rd, 2007, 06:08 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

DORTMUND WANT ROZEHNAL
According to Germany’s DPA news agency, Borussia Dortmund want to buy Czech international David Rozehnal from Paris Saint-Germain.

The Bundesliga side, where Jan Koller and Tomas Rosicky enjoyed several seasons, are reportedly offering PSG 4 million euros for the 26-year-old defender. The French side, however, want at least 5 million.

Nearing the end of a difficult season, PSG are currently 15th in France’s 20-team Ligue 1, only just out of danger of relegation. Dortmund ended the German season in ninth place.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old June 1st, 2007, 15:49
Premier Player

Teams: Czech Rep Nat, Sparta Praha, Chelsea, Moldavia
Rozehnal is linked with Newcastle, apparently Sam Allardyce wanted him at Bolton before. I dont see anything special about Rozehnal, his performance was poor for NT, but maybe he will be ok in Premiership given his height and physical presence. He surely is not good against faster players but he should be able to deal with crosses. Still he gives up too many free-kicks with his fouling, I wasn't impressed with him when I saw him play for PSG.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2007, 09:20
Star Player

Teams: Newcastle United, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris14
Rozehnal is linked with Newcastle, apparently Sam Allardyce wanted him at Bolton before. I dont see anything special about Rozehnal, his performance was poor for NT, but maybe he will be ok in Premiership given his height and physical presence. He surely is not good against faster players but he should be able to deal with crosses. Still he gives up too many free-kicks with his fouling, I wasn't impressed with him when I saw him play for PSG.
Doesn't sound very promising! A few of the papers over here this morning are stating that we're set to sign him. Any information as to what he's like as a player? What he's good at and bad at etc?
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old June 5th, 2007, 11:00
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: FIORENTINA
Actually Rozehnal isn't bad defender, he is modern-centre back, always try to play football instead of simply kicking the ball into the stands.

He was always praised while playing for Club Brugge and Paris, only in the national team he didn't do well in last few months. Until this saturday's match though, against Wales he was by far our best defender, he was the onlyone of whole squad who actually seemed calm and fine.

I think he should have no problems in adjusting to EPL, and in compare to Bramble he is Ronaldinho

He'd play in pair with Taylor? Who will be starting full-backs in the comming season for Newcastle?

"What is a club in any case ?
Not the buildings or the directors,
or the people who are paid to represent it.
It's not the television contracts, get-out clauses,
marketing departments or executive boxes.
It's the noise, the passion,
the feeling of belonging,
the pride in your city."

Sir Bobby Robson
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old June 6th, 2007, 10:57
Star Player

Cheers for the info Pavel, if he does sign he could well play alongside Taylor. Although we've also been linked with Ben Haim so I'm not entirely sure. As for the full-backs I have no idea who we'll start the season with, currently it's Carr and Babayaro although I can't see Allardyce sticking with them. We've been strongly linked with Leighton Baines and have also been linked with Albin Ebondo.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old June 23rd, 2007, 16:52 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Rozehnal set to sign for Magpies

Rozehnal's representatives say he wants a move to Newcastle
Newcastle are set to sign Czech international defender David Rozehnal from French club Paris St Germain.
Twenty-six-year-old Rozehnal, who played for Czech side Olomouc before moving to Belgium side Bruges and then PSG, has been capped 34 times.

"The definite agreement was reached - David goes to Newcastle," the player's agent Pavel Zika told www.idnes.cz.

According to Zika the Czech defender is due to undergo a medical on Monday before signing a four-year contract.

German club Borussia Dortmund and Spanish side Sevilla had also been interested in Rozehnal, but Newcastle appear to have won the race to sign the Czech international defender.

The Magpies initially had a £2m bid rejected for the Czech international, while Dortmund are believed to have tabled £2.7m.

Rozehnal began his career in his home country with Sigma Olomouc and twice won the Belgian title with Bruges before his move to PSG in 2005.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is keen to bring in central defenders after releasing Titus Bramble, Craig Moore, Oguchi Onyewu as well as left-back Olivier Bernard.

He tried to sign ex-Bolton centre-back Tal Ben Haim but missed out as the Israel international opted to join Chelsea.

Allardyce has also been linked with a move for 33-year-old Liverpool stalwart Sami Hyypia and Marseille skipper Habib Beye.

Hyypia made 29 appearances for the Reds last season but has seen Jamie Carragher and Daniel Agger establish themselves as Liverpool's first-choice centre-back partnership.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ed/6232364.stm
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2007, 11:22
Star Player

Can anyone tell me how good/bad David Rozenhal is? I've not seen much of him and he has just signed for my team Newcastle.

We've always signed crap defenders in the past so i'm hoping Rozenhal isn't another one
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2007, 16:15 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

I would say he's an average defender. Partnered with another good defender and he'll do fine. He can also play in midfield.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old June 24th, 2007, 20:06
Rising Star

Teams: PSG,inter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur76
Can anyone tell me how good/bad David Rozenhal is? I've not seen much of him and he has just signed for my team Newcastle.

We've always signed crap defenders in the past so i'm hoping Rozenhal isn't another one

Technical, smart and good to "cut the line" off the ball.
Totally crap to man to man marking , and on freekicks.

A good defender for tactical league.
Not for physical league.

oh ville lumiere! Sens la chaleur! De notre coeur!
Vois tu notre ferveur? Quand nous marchons prčs de toi?
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 18:52
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by deklong
Technical, smart and good to "cut the line" off the ball.
Totally crap to man to man marking , and on freekicks.

A good defender for tactical league.
Not for physical league.
He seems to have problems against quick and fast paced forwards and also he tends to foul a lot near the penalty area. He does have some potential to be very solid player however, in a recent qualifier against Wales he was the best defender. He should be better than Onyewu or Bramble for sure.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 21:30
Star Player

We've finally completed the signing of Rozehnal Link
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:45
Rising Star

Czech eyes Premier education

Newcastle's new signing David Rozehnal is hoping his sojourn in the Premier League will toughen him up.

The Czech Republic international has moved to St James' Park from Paris Saint Germain in a Ł2.9million deal, despite attracting interest from Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla as well.

Rozehnal freely admits he is not the most robust of defenders, but hopes his move to England and the physically demanding Premier League will add a new dimension to his game.

"I believe that the Premiership will give me the toughness that I still don't have at the level I need," Rozehnal told Sport. "I will not get it without hard work. I go there to work hard to improve myself in this attribute. Only if I am not successful, I will start thinking why.

"I started as a striker, then I moved into midfield and eventually I became a defender, that is the main reason [why toughness is lacking].

"Even though, I think I have improved a lot in this attribute. Of course though, it is not there yet."

Magpies boss Sam Allardyce saw off late interest from Sevilla to clinch Rozehnal's signature, whilst Borussia Dortmund were priced out of a bid for the defender.

Rozehnal admits he was happy to choose England, even if he still holds La Liga in great regard. "Any of those other clubs would not have been a disappointment for me," said Rozehnal. "After that though, when I returned from my first visit to Newcastle, I realised that it has really turned out as best as it could. I am excited."

"Of course I am still dreaming [of Spain]. I have always dreamed of Spain and that will not fade away quickly.

"Anyway, what I have managed to see in England so far, I can say that I would not mind if I stayed here for a couple of years."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...mier+education
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2007, 06:14 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

David Rozehnal @ Newcastle United

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:36
Forum Manager
World Class Player

I think that this is the only black & white stripped shirt, that doesn't make me feel like vomiting

the pride in your city."

Sir Bobby Robson
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:49
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel
I think that this is the only black & white stripped shirt, that doesn't make me feel like vomiting
you forgot udinese? p
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:51
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izák
you forgot udinese? p
Not really, I don't like them either.

the pride in your city."

Sir Bobby Robson
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2007, 16:09
Rising Star

Teams: PSG,inter
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris14
He seems to have problems against quick and fast paced forwards and also he tends to foul a lot near the penalty area. He does have some potential to be very solid player however, in a recent qualifier against Wales he was the best defender. He should be better than Onyewu or Bramble for sure.

Exactly.

Just a good player, nothing more.

oh ville lumiere! Sens la chaleur! De notre coeur!
Vois tu notre ferveur? Quand nous marchons prčs de toi?
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 17:39 Thread Starter
Xtratime Legend

Rozehnal played 76 minutes for Lazio today, but Lazio lost 1-0 to Empoli He also received a yellow card.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2008, 19:29
Premier Player

Was he subbed due to injury/poor play or just a tactical reason?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in